Fan Art: Transformers Photoshop Help.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Batman, May 23, 2007.

1. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I need help with photoshop. I suck at it. I think I have version 7. I want to know how to make glowing Transformers eyes like some of you fine folks do. I would also like to know how to make blasts from guns. Thank you very much.

2. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    Well,

Make your eyes on a seprate layer...Then double click the layer and it should bring up a menu for effects...One being glows...you can change the size...spread...and color of the glow in the glow portion of this menu.....You will have to check the glow checkbox as well as double click the glow attribute to bvring up more options....Of course I do this so much Im not really sure Im using the correct terminology as I go by instinct anymore...I'll double check that when I get home...Im at work now...But you should be able to google it and find many tutorials on the subject....

3. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am not sure how to make a new layer after I have loaded my toy photo. Would I cut the eyes out? Man I suck at this. I just started using it yesterday. Also how do I cut a figure out from one background and put it on another? Like from crappy toy shelf to beach in the Dominican? I have read the help menu but there is so much to read and I am too damn lazy. Also half of it does not make any sense.

For example how can I put these guys in space with lit lightsabres and Prime having glowing eyes?

[​IMG]

4. kasper0v

kasper0v Well-Known Member

prime

[​IMG]

I'm procrastinating at work so I took ten minutes with your photo. Photoshop is such a deep program that there are any number of solutions to a given problem. Tutorials abound on the web, so you're in good shape--Things like separating elements from the background (creating selections/masks/paths) and adding glowing effects are fairly basic, and there are numerous ways to do them. I would say the most important thing is to remember that adding additional light sources (the glow on the eyes and sabers) will affect the lights and shadows of your existing photograph--a sloppy imitation of which you'll see in my photo. I'll be anxious to see how your skills progress--good luck!

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    All of the above advice is good.

If you only want to make the eyes glow, you can just paint over the eyes on image, but set the opacity of the paintbrush to around 20-30%.

Also, open an image in Photoshop, then open another image (make sure it is the same file type as the first-.jpg, .bmp, etc). Now drag the second image on top of the first. You have just created two layers.
    This should make the layer options active if they weren't before.
    Play around with the eraser and some filters just to see what happens.

There are other ways to make layers, but this is probably the easiest way to get started.

6. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the advice. Also that is a very nice picture, I love it!!! Thank you for taking the time. I am going to practice more today. I think it just sounds harder than it actually is. I just need to get used to the terms used in the program.

I appreciate your help and thanks again.

7. Batman

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Also a very helpful tip. Thank you very much for your help. Photoshop is fun. I only recently got a digital camera so this takes toy collecting to a whole new level. Thank you!!!