Transformers packaged in robot mode.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Phoenix Blaze, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    In certain cases like The Fallen and the leader classes, robot mode shows off the character and thus has a greater chance of selling, because it conveys a better sense of a large figure (Prime looks more imposing in robot mode than truck mode, for instance)

Same sorta goes for the scouts. Their bot modes are probably going to sell better in robot mode then they would in alt. mode (plus, the plastic bubble is so thin for most of them, some of them wouldn't fit in vehicle mode)

2. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    Agreed. It feels much more exciting to turn it from vehicle to robot for the first time than vice versa.

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I understand why it may be necessary in some cases, but I still hate when a figure is packaged in robot mode rather than alternate mode (especially if it wasn't necessary for space issues). I just like the fun of opening it up, taking that vehicle and bit by bit revealing the robot inside. It just doesn't feel right going from robot to alt mode before being able to go from alt mode to robot mode (which just seems more natural I guess).

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i love it, it allows you to check for QC issues such as two of the same fist

5. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I prefer them packed in their alt. modes. It keeps the robot mode a surprise.

6. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TFs packaged in robot mode have so many twisties and those damn clear rubber bands in such odd places...and these frickin' origami boxes that i think it should be fairly easy to spot swapped items.

the problem is the herd...the moo cows that take a returned item and just toss it on the shelf, or the grazing parent who doesn't examine the item first or the "know it all kid" that just sees the logo and the name of a character and grabs it.

like someone posted in another thread, kid grabbed something without looking at it with blind faith and if the poster had not been there, the kid woulda been screwed.

but imo, the packaging for most of the recent toys (some Boxed Universe figs being an exception) is so complex that i didn't think it was easy to open and reseal without evidence of tampering.

back on topic, i understand the dilemma. just hate all the twisties and rubber bands with robot mode...

7. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Proper answer: Whatever has the least f#@##! tiedowns in the packaging.