Transformers Ongoing 2 preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lumpy, Dec 3, 2009.

1. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    love the Animated Blurr design, and Jetfire looks pretty good

2. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    I'm right there with you. Between being frequently introduced amidst women swooning over him of late, and his casual attitude about enslaving alien life forms (Breakdown's no saint, but forcing him into stasis lock and cruising around in his unconscious body as your own personal whip is pretty messed up) ...I'm not finding myself such a fan of Mr. Witwicky either. I'm not at all sure what the writers are going for with his character, but if they want you to feel like the guy needs to lose more than a few teeth right quick, they're doing an ace job.

As for the Autobots, I think Hot Rod is in the right. There's a large number of Autobot assets on Earth right now, much more so than when they were working against an actual Decepticon Infiltration and while Prime was convinced their presence was necessary to counteract another possible Decepticon invasion (Why? They have the Matrix and as AHM showed, they don't give a flop about any remaining Ore-13 so why even bother returning to Earth? Such a proposition would only really be a waste of resources.) all they were really accomplishing was very slowly getting themselves jacked by Skywatch. I'm not sure how capable Skywatch would actually be against a full-on Cybertronian offensive, but they seem to be handling themselves just fine. So I say Hot Rod's got the right idea, let Earth go and start taking care of your people.

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Looking back, I'm not liking Jetfire's design all that much. He looks like a Jetfire-colored Vector Prime.

4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    It's like I'm playing Zelda or something. "Here's an hour of tutorials to tell you what you already know"

Wasn't the whole point of Continuum to get those new young, impressionable readers that they're aiming this book at up to speed with the who what and where?(even if it's wrong)

5. rikkuluverx2

rikkuluverx2 scout

News Credits:
    Oh boy!

Brawn!
    Rodimus wolverine claws!
    And jetfire!

I can't wait to pick this up next week! :D 

6. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is that Hot Spot behind Jazz?

7. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hot Rod better watch out, he dosen't want to find out what Brawn does to cowards who don't fight.
    I actually was hoping that would happen & Spike would just steal Breakdown for himself when I read Issue 1, I'm laughing my ass off.
    No idea, tbh I thought it was Magnus sans armor for a second. Hopefully we'll find out when the issue comes out.

Omega made me happy in the pants :) 

Overall this preview has done it's job for me & makes me want to pick this issue up.

8. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Ok, I was wrong.
    Originally, I thought I just didn't care for the faces. Now, I realize I don't like most of the other designs either.
    Guess I won't be picking up the trade.

9. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Nope, you didn't make a mistake. A few months ago a preview of this issue's cover was posted, and next to Hot Rod was the name "Rodimus".

10. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome. Looks great so far. The faces are a little better.

And where is Spike? THATS RIGHT. ALBUQUERQUE. (Sorry, we get no love unless College Soccer players are pulling hair)

Brawns characterization is spot on G1. I really, really like that in my TF comics. MORE please.

11. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    It would be a bit rich of them to expect people to buy Continuum as well just to know who these characters are. And yes, they have had radical overhauls in terms of design, so name boxes will help. Besides, it's better than the traditional Transformers method of having people mention their name or other characters names needlessly in dialogue introdumping.

What's the problem?

Is your mayor evil?

12. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not at all sir. Just I got a little excited when this issue mentioned my hometown. I think the last issue mentioned New Mexico as well, but I've never heard of the city. haha

13. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

The only thing they have been able to accomplish here, IMO, is make Brawn look kickass. All the other characters look like they took G1, Classics, Animated. and the movie-verse and smashed it all together. From that angle above, Blurr looks just like his Animated toy to me. That happens to be the only other nice thing I can say about the aesthetic Everyone else, looks like crap to me. I especially hate the way Jetfire looks. The way Sideswipe and Jazz's chest break up really annoy me. Now that I think about it, that goes for just about every car-robot. As much as I hate to say it though, above all my dislike for the body designs. It's the faces that kill it the most for me. I can get used to more complex, movie-styled G1/Classics bodies(err...not Jetfire's), but they have to do something about the way they draw the faces.

14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I'm liking this. A lot.
    These bots are exactly what I wished the movie bots to look like.

I'm down for another issue.

15. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

Loving the TFA inspired Blurr design.

Jetfire's design looks a bit like the War Within/Titanium toy. uhg.

16. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Until all are one!

News Credits:
    Why are they portraying Hot Rod as somebody who takes the easy way out... one of my favorite characters make him cool again. Always had that aura when I first saw him in the animated movie. Bring that back.

I like it so far.... Bumblebee is going to take command I'm betting on it :D 

17. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Continuum doesn't mention everybody by name with essentially arrows to their faces.

Still, I agree with you for the most part, I'm just saying that this is hardly something only TF comics do. Other comics do it a lot more, actually.

18. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    So... Continuum was supposedly intentionally dumbed down to attract smaller children to read a book that's going to feature a main character that visits what I can only assume to be prostitutes? Makes total sense.

19. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It is really hysterical how freaked out people get over innuendo that could easily make it into a "G" rated film.

20. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Who's freaked out? Just saying, it casts Schmidt's excuse for the crap that was Continuum as just that, a bad excuse, rather than an actual explanation. That's all.