Transformers Ongoing #15 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Tim Formas, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
  2. Rollcage

Rollcage Dance Commander

There's a color error in panel #4 on page nine of the preview. Megatron's left arm is blue.
    I'm loving Meg's new look and this seems like it's shaping up nicely!

3. Faust

Faust Bring on da wimmens!

The art is beautiful. Most def. an improvement story wise, can't wait to read it.

4. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

He looks kind of liek animated, I do think the animated look was very nice, very evil looking.

This series is a good read, I like the new looks on the chracters.

5. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I hope we get that Megatron in plastic form.

6. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    My man on the inside at my local comic book store got my copy to me on New Years Eve. It's a good read but you can see where its all going. I expect the usual 'zomg too many humans in teh transformers comic' whining to go on.

7. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

What did I fucking say before?

Called it. Called the lame, asinine fobbing off of weapons that can down a TF in one shot being distributed willy-nilly across the US and the government just sort of shrugging and going "Eh, whatchagunnado?".

No one's committing crime sprees? The government didn't lose its shit over this and confiscate all of these guns and lock up everyone with one? This guy gets on TV, head of an organization with access to alien death beams and casually insinuates that hey, they might take a run at the government if they don't like their "anti human" policies?

I called every damn detail of this in the thread on #14.

This will have to be one HELL of a good issue to keep me on the series after this.

- Coeloptera

8. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

This was a half decent issue. Certainly better than most of the ongoing. How Megatrons remains ended up back on earth is explained in a somewhat satisfactory way. Also explains the upgrade Megs got. Kinda funny though that in the panel showing the flashback of Megatron shooting Hot Rod, shows his old arm and fusion canon instead of his new one. Megatron already had his new body when he shot Hotrod. Overall it was better than I was expecting again, but still not as good as it could be. I have fears about where this story might be heading.

9. matrixprime

matrixprime AJ's Toy Chest Owner

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I tried to justify IDW comics, but gave up a long time ago. Now I fear I'm being pulled back in, dammit!

10. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I enjoyed this issue a lot. The storyline has taken a turn for the better IMO, and I'm looking forward to seeing where all this is going.

11. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I enjoyed this month's issue, and am really looking foward to #16 since that was a great cliffhanger & I love Costa's Brawn.

12. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Ehhh. Sure was nice of Costa to completely ignore Shockwave's "hand-picked squad" storyline that Roche left off on for him in LSotW and just have him there at the asteroid base the whole time. Yeah, that's a lot more interesting.

I might have an opinion on the rest of the issue after I get over Costa screwing Shockwave out of an awesome comeback.

13. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Megatron is a frigging idiot.

Your enemies have willingly exiled themselves to one location under the paranoid notion (...even though it is happening...) that the Decepticons are going to return and wreak havoc on Earth again and as such, have dedicated themselves to protecting a race that has firmly shown they neither need nor want their protection and can be described at best as hostile toward them.

Why. In the name. Of sliced ham. Are you going to go down there and get in the middle of all that? For whatever reason, Optimus Prime has developed an over-swelled need to protect humanity and has planted his and all other Autobots' roots down in Earth's soil. ...and in so doing, has laid bare an entire universe to Decepticon whim and the best idea you can come up with is to get back down there and resume your million year old pissing match?

Megatron is a frigging idiot and Soundwave and Shockwave (frownie face) are even bigger idiots for wasting all this damn time rebuilding him.

Forget the Autobots. Burn down the damn galaxy, fuel the Grand Decepticon War Machine and get this Universal Domination thing done right!

I know it won't happen. But I still felt the need to analyze the situation the way I see it.

14. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just because his hand picked crew hasn't been mentioned yet, doesn't mean it won't be or that it's being ignored. You can't cover everything in one issue. I've read that Shockwave's role in the ongoing becomes much bigger later this year so I'm sure we'll find out more about who his crew is and how they met up with the 'cons on the asteroid in future issues.

15. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great read. The Cons plot to make Megs body into guns and "seed" the planet to establish a neural network AND arm a bunch of humans with bot busting technology is so stupid that I just absolutely love it. Lots of twists and turns the late three issues. I bet now that Costa has dug his feet in, this comic is going to get bonanzas.

Oh, Megatron is going to kill the crap out of Thundercracker.

Anxious to see who Brawn had been sent off to find too.

16. GeraldKeefer

GeraldKeefer Gabba Gabba Hey!

I enjoyed the story for this issue but just can't get past the new Megatron body.

Why does Don feel the need to draw the Transformers more like any other incarnation instead of the classic G1 (or close enough)? The new body isn't bad but the horrid raver type neon lines all over the body just looked awful (and a rip off of War for Cybertron) and made me not take the character seriously.

I've bought every issue from IDW up to this point and enjoyed them all for the most part but this new series, while having some enjoyable writing, has been awful on the art side (the fill in's have been more enjoyable). They have different comics series for the different lines. Keep their looks in those. Seriously considering dropping this until there is a shake up in the creative team.

17. s10blazed

s10blazed Duly appointed...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I enjoyed this issue much more than the previous few issues. It seemed to wrap up a few mysteries and started off some more. I liked the explanation about how the mini-megatron guns got there.

I found myself scratching my head over the neural connection explanation though. So fractions of a 'con's spark can reside in the metal they're made of? Is that what they were getting at? He can still function as just a portion of his previous self? All the while still being 'alive' to be put into his new body? That just isn't sitting well with me right now. Perhaps it will be further explained or I will just get over it. Although it does help explain how so many 'bots die and come back... all you need is a gun sized chunk to rebuild their conscience!

18. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i really just wish the entire transformers race would just leave earth. its boring here. i want some space stories...or some other planet stories... i'm so sick of earth and protecting humans

19. GeraldKeefer

GeraldKeefer Gabba Gabba Hey!

I'm not so sick of Earth but I kind of wish instead of Autobots still being seen as no different than Decepticons it would change. Autobots working covertly instead of being seen as the heroes they are for sooooooooooo long in this IDW Universe series has really dragged out.

Let 'em come out already if they are going to stay on earth! Not this half ass kinda way they been doing it

20. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I have to agree with that statement. Costas version of Megatron IS an idiot. He's given humans weapons that can easily kill cybertronians just before he plans on going back to earth? "I'm gonna attack again, but first I'll give them weapons they can use against me and my soldiers!" I know he did it, wanting to influence humans to kill the Autobots, but obviously he didn't think that one through very far.

Yeah, that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. But it's what we come to expect from Costa.