Transformers on Wii

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by domientius, Dec 8, 2007.

1. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

I had a good deal of trade credit at a local store, and TF the movie on Wii was only $40...

... I'm taking it back tomorrow. Yeah, it's not a terrible game, but I rank it about with Bart vs the Space Mutants on NES in terms of the controls wrecking the fun. The camera is godawful, and probably hindered more by the pointer camera than anything. Driving is typical of GTA or whatever, but any sort of robot walking or melee combat is needlessly difficult thanks to a clunky camera, nearly useless lock-on, etc.

I'll keep my save file, I mean I'll get this game again when it hits decent cheapo clearance prices, but it's not a $40 title. Maybe the 360 version is better?

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Nah, the console (and PC) versions are all the same. The game is..decent at best, fun to mess around with for a bit, but it's a licensed game..can't expect much from it.

I got the PC version for 20 bucks, any more than that would be a ripoff IMO.

3. domientius

The game feels like a Destroy All Humans knockoff that wasn't even playtested before being sent to stores.

The mission with Jazz was easy because any car you hit, even if you're barely moving, goes flying so you have no real obstructions.

4. domientius

Decepticon mode is generally more playable, if not by much. You get rewarded for destruction, which is nearly impossible to avoid doing anyway. And I derived much joy from Barricade beating the crap out of Bumblebee.

5. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Ain't it the shit?

No, not that kind of shit, the bad kind of shit

I've seriously had the supreme urge to throw the controllers at the TV after this game(Wii version). Some of the missions are incredibly hard and the game is too damn short. Recycled and retarded ideas are all over this game, I only got it b/c I'm a TF fan and it was Buy 1 Get 1 at TRU(I still haven't touched the Spiderman 3 game that was the other end of the deal, I'm afraid to suffer a rectal tumor from what I've heard of the game)

6. Icetron

Icetron Well-Known Member

I'm glad I didn't even have to buy the game...looks nice and all but it's really messy-feeling and the missions are pretty lame to me. :( 

7. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I have it , and its a ok game, you get used to the camera but I have it mainly because it is a TF game.

8. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    I have the Wii version of the game, and to me, it's a bit disappointing. It's just one of those games that gets hyped up weeks before it's released, and then when it's out, it turns out to be a piece of shit.

Like Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games.

9. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    The game is total crap on any system.

10. domientius

Took it back. Got a small PS1 system and Sonic Adventure Gamecube in its place.

11. kronos

kronos PSN = KRONOSX1

News Credits:
    I actually enjoyed it! though I did download a save file. I like it for the mindless fun. I loike shooting stuff. And the transformation sequences are all cool (except G1 Megatron). The save file I have is 100% everything. But the game itself does lack something!

12. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Fun?

13. domientius

I cheated to unlock all the missions and give myself infinite health. The final Decepticon mission- Megatron beats up Prime, Prime runs off in some random direction, you kill the drones, and you have 1 minute to find Prime with no radar in the city.This repeats for some time and you have to get right up next to Prime to start the next fight. If you miss him, you have to start it all over.

The Cybertron levels are also just... there. 35 drones and nothing else to do.

The G1 character models are also poorly rendered compared to the others, as if they were spat out in a half hour or something.

14. Shipley

Shipley No Topic Required

News Credits:
    Transformers was about 2 months away from being just right. a little more control polish, a little more game play tweaking, it would be just right.

now I have a $70 xbox 360 game I can't really sell or give away.

15. domientius

The game is generally beautiful as even on the Wii the character models were highly detailed with lots of parts, and they seemed to actually transform, unlike the PS2 Armada game's "intermittent" transformation to switch player models. But I think there were 2 Ironhide models, as sometimes he looked detailed, others he looked like something in a Dreamcast game.

And I know that supposedly, Allspark mod Daniel Ross did Starscream, but he sounds exactly like Scarecrow! So much so I wonder if Henry Polic was brought in to redub Starscream's lines or something.

16. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    I have the PS2 game. It's fun and I've only gone a few levels in. I can see how many would find it anti fun. It's a good game in spurts but I most certainly think Armada is a better game all around.

17. domientius

It was nice hearing Welker back, though Cullen's Prime lines sounded just as evil. He sounded more interested in getting the Allspark back than in anything else, even if they had to blow up the city to do it.

The Armada game was a good deal more solid, especially since the guns served a purpose, and you didn't go flying when you got shot by even light weapons. And the story was more coherent. They also left people out, eerily hinting that the Decepticlones had already killed any humans in the levels.

I'm not sure what the point of guns in the ovie game was, as the Autobots found them useless against anything but the very light drones. At least the Decepticons got to shoot things down.