Digibash: Transformers Next Gen: Cybertronian Rumble

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Malunis_T, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is my first digibash so please be kind. X3

Once I got Energon Signal Flare out of my box of TFs, I knew right away he would make a good kitbash item. Initially I thought he'd make a nice, large version of the Mini-con Bonecrusher (practically has the same anatomy, in fact), but then I saw he could make a good design for G1's Rumble.

Something I want to point out (and to explain the title) is that this design will be used for Rumble in my G1 reinvention fanfic "Transformers Next Gen."

Anyway, I think this is okay for my first digibash. I especially like how the fact turned out. Basically all I did to make it look like Rumble was to copy and paste the silver of his face in various places to form a mouth (complete with a tiny smirk), but he even has a nose now. The head pieces were also shortened and made to look more like Rumble, as well.

Lastly, Decepticon symbol was pasted from Energon Ravage, both that image and this one were from Seibertron.com. Lastly, I also included a second version with darker colors and contrast, since the grey is a bit light.

I think that's all. Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    wouldnt that be frenzy?

3. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL

4. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

Depends on your point of view...

...however, nice digibash. I actually have 2 extra Signal Flare molds lying around to do a Perceptor bash, but I found another mold for that. So...

...I have been wanting to do Rumble/Frenzy for some time, this might do for now.

5. Malunis_T

News Credits:
    RIRFIB. I DON'T CARE WHAT DERRICK WYATT SAYS XD

Awesome, let me know if you do that. I'd very much like to see what real kitbashers can do. :D 

On a side note, my personal version of the characters has the cannon arm turned into a normal arm through... mass-shifting? Like, parts come out to form the cannon.

An alternative was that the front end of the cannon hollowed out and on a hinge, so it flips down over the arm to form the cannon. I dunno, this was just random drawn-on-paper theory, it'd probably be too much work for a small figure.

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

That's actually pretty sweet! Nice digibash. I love the smirk! It makes it for me. :) 

I've long felt that these guys could make good updates for the cassette twins. Somehow it works in both modes (other than the fact that the vehicle itself would be pretty large). For Rumble that cannon arm says "piledriver" or "seismic disruptor". For Frenzy, with the dish still attached, it says "electromagnetic synaptic disruptor"

I've also considered these figures as candidates for Reflector.

zmog

7. Malunis_T

News Credits:
    Heheh, well, you're very close to my own personal intents on abilities. XD Note only does the piledriver thing fit in, but actually, a gimmick I made for him was to use the Energon weapons Signal Flare came with and make a type of satellite that's attached to a hole in the back of that big shoulder. In my fanfic where the design is used, he has a satellite and listening device stored within the shoulder, to make use of the gimmick.

As for Frenzy... Unfortunately, my idea consists of using Energon's Tow-Line for him. Only in theory though - I have no idea if the figure would be in scale with Tow-Line. I just wanted to give them different modes so they could be easier to tell apart. Plus Tow-Line also comes with satellite-styled weaponry, so he can have similar gimmicks as Rumble. :) 

8. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    that's a nice Rumble you have there