TransFormers: NASCAR - Coca-Cola 600

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Bumblebee765, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Here's the next one, and trust me, there's an interesting event in this chapter...
    [​IMG]
    Coca-Cola 600
    By: Bumblebee765
    Image by: tanDLC

Kasey Kahne rides to victory in the #5 car! The #2 clips the #14 on pit road during lap 266. The Autobots escape without any lasting injuries; however, the track isn’t the only place the Autobots are in danger…

Roadbuster looked to his right. Blaze nodded to him. The Vehicon standing as guard out in the open never saw it coming. One shot from Roadbuster’s rifle and he was down. The two veteran Wreckers, Topspin and Roadbuster, had been joined by a new member to their small sub-faction of Autobots, Blaze. They got the reports from Optimus Prime on the new arrivals to Earth, and had thought she had what it took to be a Wrecker. They weren’t wrong.

Topspin muttered, “Wouldn’t it have been easier just to stun him? It might have been quieter…”

“We’re Wreckers; we don’ give a damn about being quiet!” Roadbuster said with a cocky smirk.

“What are we even doing here?” Blaze asked, looking to the other two Wreckers.

“Optimus told us about some suspicious Decepticon activity around this cave entrance. He sent us in because he knows we can take anything they might be planning for us in there,” Roadbuster said, gesturing towards the cave entrance the Vehicon had been guarding.

“Let’s get a move on then,” Blaze said, jumping out from behind their cover with the others right behind her. They ran to the cave entrance and pressed their backs against the wall next to it. Roadbuster, the closest to the entrance, looked in. He quickly turned back to the others and nodded. The coast was clear. They wanted to remain as quiet as possible for as long as possible. With the Wreckers that’s easier said than done.

They moved into the cave, and shortly got to the second chamber of it. This time Topspin looked into it, and turned around to his comrades saying, “We may need some back up on this one. The three of us can’t handle half an army of Vehicons and their master, Shockwave.”

Roadbuster’s optics widened slightly behind his visor, but his concentration soon returned, “Alright then, we’ll make our way back to the entrance and radio the base for back up.”

They transformed into their vehicle modes and raced for the cave opening. Once outside they transformed back into their robot modes and Roadbuster placed his hand on the side of his head to call the base.

“Roadbuster to Autobot Base, we need some assistance here.”

On the other line Roadbuster heard Optimus Prime saying, “As you wish, Roadbuster. I’ll send Ironhide, Speedstrike, and Charger. They should be there shortly.”

Roadbuster turned back to his comrades and said, “He’s sending three more. They’ll be here soon.” The other two nodded in response.

***​

It wasn’t long before the transport ship arrived. It had to remain high in the sky so the Decepticons inside the cave would be unable to hear it. Charger, Speedstrike, and Ironhide air dropped into the Wreckers midst, and untied their parachutes.

Speedstrike approached Roadbuster and said, “Okay, what are we dealing with here?”

Roadbuster wasn’t hesitant to answer, “We’ve got a mess of Vehicons and Shockwave in there. The six of us should be able to handle them with ease!”

“Did you find out what they’re doing in there?” Charger asked. Behind her Ironhide toyed with his cannons. He always did that before a fight.

Topspin was the one who answered, “They’re building some sort of machine. We couldn’t determine what it was, but I have a feeling it isn’t going to be good news for the Autobots…”

“Let’s put some dings in their armor!” Blaze shouted before rushing into the cave. The others followed quickly behind.

They arrived at the point where Topspin had seen the Decepticons and took a moment to pause. Speedstrike looked at the group around him and said, “Everybody locked and loaded?” They all nodded. “Good, we’re going to charge in there and take them all out. Whatever it is they’re building in there won’t be good for us, so we have to take them or it out. With Shockwave in there neither will be an easy task…”

Charger looked at him and nodded. She knew what she was getting into. The three Wreckers smirked; they were looking forward to bashing some Decepticons. Ironhide merely stared grimly at the cave ceiling.

Speedstrike went on, “Blaze and I will see how many we can take out from hiding up here. Once they spot us though the gig is up; we’ll all charge in. Nobody is to take on Shockwave along; no matter how important his termination is, understood?” They all nodded. “Good, I don’t want any of you to die on my watch. Just remember to keep moving; it might just save your life.”

With that he and Blaze got down on their stomachs and rested their guns on the edge of the cave wall. Blaze had her stun gun out, and Speedstrike had his sniper rifle, with the laser sight set to invisible. Only he with his visor on could see the red dot. He aimed at one of the Vehicons off to the side of the larger group. Travelling alone would prove fatal; Speedstrike fired his rifle at the unsuspecting Decepticon and shot cleanly through its head. The Vehicon silently fell to the ground.

Blaze had managed to stun two more before Speedstrike’s Vehicon had fallen. Shockwave shifted slightly from his statue-still position. Speedstrike wore a slight expression of worry, which Charger was quick to pick up on. She put her hand on his shoulder to calm him down. The last thing the team needed was for their leader to get scared. With newfound confidence Speedstrike aimed and took down another Vehicon. Blaze knocked down another, but the two Autobots were unable to hit any more; the remaining Vehicons were all too close to Shockwave.

Speedstrike turned around and gave a silent motion of his hand. After his next shot the team would fall into the cave and attack. He shifted his weight slowly, and aimed the laser sight at Shockwave’s head. His body was rigid and tense. Not a piston shifted as he prepared to make his shot. He looked to his right at Charger, nodded, turned back to his target, and fired the fateful shot…

Speedstrike’s bullet barely even attracted Shockwave’s attention. It just pinged off his head, leaving a scrape of his purple paint. Shockwave slowly turned his attention to the Autobots, and fired his massive cannon at them. The blast hit the edge of the wall they were perched on and rubble was sent flying everywhere!

Charger could hardly see. Luckily she had activated her visor, so the rock dust wouldn’t damage her optics, but that didn’t improve her sight. Even switching to night vision did no good, the dust was simply too think. She heard gunfire in front of her. Who was firing at whom? More importantly, had any of her comrades fallen? No, they had to still be alive. They had to be…

She stumbled blindly forward, hoping she was going towards her comrades. She reached onto her pack and activated her pike. No Decepticons would catch her unaware. “Speedstrike!” she called out. “Ironhide, Roadbuster, Topspin! Anybody!” She heard a gruff voice over to her left say “Over here!” Ironhide. She walked in his direction. Suddenly from to her right she saw a Vehicons corpse fall at her feet. Roadbuster was standing over it with a smoking shotgun in his hand, before he turned around to attack another Decepticon.

The dust was beginning to settle. However, every time the cave would clear enough to see well, the fight would stir up the dust again. Charger saw Shockwave stride in front of her, no doubt going after one of her friends. Speedstrike had ordered her not to engage him though, so she started slowly backing away from him. She didn’t get very far before she hit something hard and metallic.

She spun around quickly and gripped her pike tightly, ready for battle. She was surprised to see that she wasn’t facing a Decepticon, but the mysterious machine they were building. She knew it whatever it did wouldn’t be good for the Autobots, so she started looking for a way to sabotage it. She shrunk her pike down to a more manageable size and started looking around the base of the structure.

Charger could still hear the sounds of battle going on around her when she found what seemed to be a control panel. “This looks important!” she said, before stabbing her pike into the panel. Sparks shot up from where her pike was embedded in the panel, and she pulled it out quickly and went to rejoin the battle. She didn’t get far before she ran into an unpleasant surprise: Shockwave.

Her optics opened wide in shock as Shockwave aimed his cannon at her. She activated her pike back to its full length, but before she could do anything she heard Speedstrike yelling, and saw him running at Shockwave. He spun slightly in his run towards Shockwave, and soon after starting he abruptly stopped, swinging his arm in the Decepticons direction. The buzz saw mounted on the end of his arm detached from its holder and flew like a flying disk at Shockwave’s back.

Just like his bullet earlier, the buzz saw did nothing but avert Shockwave’s attention to the new target. Just before Shockwave could fire off a round Ironhide ran at Speedstrike, yelling “Get down kid!” The Autobot veteran fired his twin arm cannons at the giant purple Decepticon, but they barely even scratched his thick armor. Shockwave continued his approach towards Speedstrike.

“I’ve had about enough of you, puny Autobot,” he said, cocking his gun. He fired a shot from his cannon, and Speedstrike knew there was no escape.

***​

Back at the Autobot base Huntress was shooting off some rounds with Death Track in the shooting range, when all of a sudden she felt an extreme feeling of loss that she couldn’t explain. She knew something had gone wrong with Speedstrike’s mission…

***​

Ironhide leapt in front of Speedstrike, and the blast struck him. Ironhide was blasted back slightly, and his optics faded from bright blue to black.

“No!” Speedstrike yelled, running over to his fallen comrade’s body. He knew Ironhide was lost; there was no possible way to save him…

“Autobots, fall back! Retreat!” he yelled as loud as he could. Looking around he saw the three Wreckers vehicle modes drive towards the cave entrance. He tried to lift Ironhide’s body, but it was too much for him alone to carry, and Shockwave wouldn’t continue chasing the Wreckers for long.

Suddenly he felt the load get lighter. He looked over and saw Charger helping carry their friend’s body out of the cave. The Wreckers continued to distract Shockwave as they got the body out. While they were carrying him, Speedstrike put his hand to the side of his head and said, “This is Speedstrike, we require immediate transport, repeat, we require immediate transport!”

The two Autobots could see the light at the end of the tunnel, and they could hear the Wreckers engines coming up behind them. They were going to make it. They weren’t far from the Autobot base; the transport jet would be there any minute.

Speedstrike saw the shadow of the jet on the ground as it landed in front of the cave entrance. The Wreckers finally caught up with Charger and Speedstrike, and transformed to help them carry Ironhide. With the three Wreckers helping it was a simple task to load the fallen Autobot’s body into the jet. Before they knew it the jet was taking off, heading back to the base. It had been a narrow escape for the survivors…

Data File:
    Decepticon Data File
    Coming Soon!

Technical Data:
    Strength:
    Intelligence:
    Speed:
    Endurance:
    Courage:
    Fireblast:
    Skill:

Bio:
    Coming Soon!

2. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Just chillin'

Excellent job Bee :D ! This one was soooo good! Jazzy won :D ! And...Ironhide...:cry  But he saved Speedstrike, I was like no...surely he wouldn't kill off Speedstrike. All of your previous ones are fantastic but this one is probably one of your best, the wording throughout this story was done perfectly :thumb !

3. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Thanks! :D  I'm really proud of this one in particular. Jazz? He wasn't in this one... :lol  Yeah, believe me, if Speedstrike dies Huntress will feel more than just loss. :wink: 
    Alternate Modes:
    Featured Characters:
    Speedstrike:
    [​IMG]
    Huntress:
    [​IMG]
    Charger:
    [​IMG]
    Death Track:
    [​IMG]
    Blaze:
    [​IMG]
    Topspin:
    [​IMG]
    Roadbuster:
    [​IMG]
    Ironhide:
    [​IMG]
    Not Seen:
    Backfight:
    Not Available
    Bumblebee:
    [​IMG]
    Denier:
    [​IMG]
    Hardcore:
    [​IMG]
    Jazz:
    [​IMG]
    Optimus Prime:
    [​IMG]
    Perceptor:
    [​IMG]
    Prowl:
    Not Available
    Rev:
    [​IMG]
    Shocker:
    Not Available
    Turn-Pike:
    [​IMG]

4. Jazzfan0217

The #5 car scored a win :D ! This one was done really well :thumb  I think I really would cry if Speedstrike died. :lol 

5. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Oh! Ha-ha! :lol  Yeah, I think I would too! :lol  He did die back in Extermination though. :wink: 

6. Jazzfan0217

:D ! Oh yeah he did didn't he. A perfect example because I was really shocked when that happened. Ya had me almost thinkin' he was gonna be out for good. :eek:  I think 'ol Speedy comes right after Jazz on my favorites list for this series :D !

7. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ha-ha! Thanks! It's good to hear that one of my fan characters ranks up there with Jazz for you! :D 

8. Jazzfan0217

:D !

9. AKSpartan1661

AKSpartan1661 Cool Cat & Sub-Commander

News Credits:
    I realize it's a little late and I don't know if you are doing these anymore, but could Jazz be Greg Biffle just for one story?

10. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Well, though I haven't done any in quite a while, I do still plan to do more. :wink:  Also, although Jazz is highly unlikely to become Biffle (I like keeping the Autobots to the same driver. :wink: ), I may make another character eventually with his car. :wink: