Transformers' Music Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by VaderPrime1, Jun 9, 2010.

1. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I've been listening to both scores from the Transformers movies and I have to say that they do a phenomenal job at enhancing the story and the movement of scenes. Steve Jablonsky has done a great job with both scores and I hope he will bring something just as good if not better for TF3.

I, imo, believe this song to be the defining song for the movieverse. A lot of the other songs are based off of and use elements from it.

YouTube - Transformers Soundtrack Autobots [1/20]

And these two are also really good.

YouTube - Transformers 2- Original Score - Forest Battle (W/ I TAKE YOU ALL ON quote) epic

YouTube - Transformers Soundtrack - Scorponok

Feel free to post about any other music you like from any of the TV shows as well, and If you can, post examples. :thumb 

2. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    The music of Transformers is among my all-time favorites. It adds a majestic theme to the movies. Jablonsky and his work is near the top of what I appreciate about the film franchise, and I hope he sticks around as long as the movies are around.

3. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    Yes....a million times yes.

TF3 would nearly be completely ruined without his scores. Unbelievable work.

4. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can only find the score for revenge of the fallen not for the 07 movie

EDIT: O..k... I found something on Amazon but people are selling it from $55 on up??? WTF?

5. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah the 07 score got crazy expensive for awhile, before ROTF hit many sold for $100 + (sealed copy) . I found it kind of amusing since it has always been available on itunes for like $10 or so. I preordered mine off of ebay for $9.99 with free shipping.

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Agreed, Jablonsky is the soul of the films.

7. Evil Dead

Evil Dead Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of Danny Elfman (and Hans Zimmer, to a lesser degree), so I usually enjoy music that's more madcap and crazy and all over the place. However, I very much do enjoy Jablonsky's scores for the two movies so far. In particular, I'm quite fond of the theme for Optimus Prime, which gives you this nice kind of quiet strength. And then Bumblebee's theme is quite good, on account that there's this small kind of driving force that builds into something grand. And I get a kick out of the Decepticon's bit, since it conveys something primitive and evil and advanced and intelligent all at once.

And so I guess what I mean is, Jablonsky does an absolutely brilliant job of capturing the personality of whatever he happens to be focussing on at the time.

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

To me, the score of a film is one of the most important aspects. I mean, just imagine Star Wars without John Williams' music, or... well, any film John Williams has scored!

But IMO, Jablonsky is right up there for his work on the Transformers films. Granted, these are the only examples of his work I have heard, but it is some of my favourite film work ever.
    'Arrival to Earth' from the first film still gives me goosebumps.

The scores to the 2 TF films are some of the only movie work I listen to on a regular basis just for how much I enjoy it. It has got nothing to do with the fact that it is from a Transformers film, I would love it anyway.

9. Cmdr Prime

Cmdr Prime co-Commander of Autobots TFW2005 Supporter

I have to agree with you that Steve Jablonsky is the best in fact I am listening to ROTF the Score right now.

Steve Jablonsky breaths life into the music he conducts:) 

10. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I thought 07 was better than ROTF but that was until I found ROTF's score. I love The Shard.

11. VaderPrime1

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    It does that to me as well. It's a very powerful character introduction.

12. zark225

zark225 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love both of the scores. There some of the ebst that I've ever heard. Look forward to hearing the third films score.

13. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    transformers is the first Jablonsky thing I have heard and LOVED the theme he created for Optimus Prime. I have a master's degree in music and dabble in composing for the bands and choirs I teach (nothing like this though).
    I have been a fan of movie scores since I can remember my favorite one being Hanz Zimmer's score of "Backdraft" Close seconds are "Glory" by James Horner "Forrest Gump" by Alan Silvestri and "Pirates of the Carribean" by Bagdelt

Kind of a funny story I just returned from a LONG trip to Oregon and my son LOVES G1 transformers and the 86 movie was probably played 5,000 in the car over the last 4 days. (I am officially sick of You've got the touch, how many times did that play in the movie??) Anyways as I am listening to all the typical 80's kid metal music I keep hearing the "Real Men of Genius" commericals. Please tell me you know the ones I am talking about. It sounds like the same guy singing!

14. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Yes!!! When I started hearing those ads a few years back, 2 words entered my mind immediately...

1.) Stan
    2.) Bush

15. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Yesss. The Autobot and Prime themes have been absolutely excellent.

Jablonsky has made the films seem more than just Hollywood blockbusters - they have a majestic theme to them. The songs bring a real mystical soundtrack, and make this series seem much more than your average sci-fi Michael Bay film.

My favorites include from TF1 - Arrival to Earth, the Scorponok refrain, the Decepticon theme, the Frenzy theme, and the No Sacrifice, No Victory ending.

From ROTF, my favorites are NEST, Prime, Forest Battle, Precious Cargo, and I Claim Your Sun. I absolutely love the Egyptian twist on Prime's theme that played when Prime walked away from the Pyramids and removed his jet armour. My other favorite is when Bumblebee gave Sam his pep talk with "You are the person..."

16. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    Let's see... my favorites are...

Scorponok (of course)
    Arrival to Earth
    Autobots
    Decepticons
    You're a Soldier Now
    Optimus vs. Megatron
    Prime
    Forest Fight

haven't really listened to many of the RotF tracks yet.

17. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i was seriously surprised that the first one didn't get an oscar nomination for jablonsky's score. i listen to it regularly on my ipod at the gym.

18. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    I still say that we need a ROTF Expanded Score.

:( 

19. VaderPrime1

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I was too. It's definitely one of the best scores I've heard.

20. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I absolutely love 'Your A Soldier Now.' The music is very grand and flows well.