3D Artwork: Transformers Movieverse Sculptris Spectacular

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by optimus_tractor, Jul 8, 2011.

1. optimus_tractor

optimus_tractor Well-Known Member

Yo, check muh shit.

1. Dredge, a waspinator-like Decepticon who transforms into a Terex RT1100 crane. Constantly getting blasted, shot at, or tripped. Always complaining.

http://www.cranesalesandservice.com/img/custom/Crane/41/photo.jpg
    The red one, with "Link-Belt" on the arm, except it would say "Dredge."

The largest of the Decepticons I'm designing. He'd probably have a very mantis-like body, with the arm of the crane splitting up and forming his own arms.

2. Crumple, part one of a huge, hunch-backed, conjoined Decepticon. The whole unit is named CrumpleZone, but both heads have their own consciousness and took half of their name for when referring to each other. Zone has yet to be modeled.

CrumpleZone Transforms into a John Deere Combine, when they can both agree on transforming, of course. http://www.machinefinder.com/images/machines/32/1498532/2290332_huge.jpg
    It's harder to describe CrumpleZone's robot mode- His body is asymmetrical, with the Crumple head being higher on the body than Zone, the left arm is bigger and thicker than the right and used as a leg, while the left leg is diminutive and curled, and used as an arm. The right limbs are the opposite. His body's very incoherent.

I apologize for the lack of real color- I'm new to Sculptris and it seems Sculptris is new to Mac, so whenever I try to export these models to paint them, the program slows down to a crawl and I can barely rotate the model. I'll have to figure out a more practical way to paint them.

I also apologize for the overly clumpy look of the models. Again, new to Sculptris. I try to smooth it where I can, but when I fidget with an area too much, I find I'll start to distort the model and it'll get all knotted or something, and it takes forever to even it out again.

More from these as I make 'em. Hope to someday get Zbrush to work on this thing, so I can work with these even more.

Attached Files:

2. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Loving this so far. The heads look terrific and the descriptions are fun, can't wait to see the finishes.

3. BlitzFire

BlitzFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    these look pretty sharp.

I prefer crumple's look over dredge but both are off to a great start

4. Algernon

Algernon Radicon Acolyte

News Credits:
    Really cool. Hope you can get em painted soon.

5. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first fanart made with a 3D sculpting software, isn't it?

Great work. I've recently started to mess around with Zbrush, after years of poly-modeling. It's a very refreshing way to model things, plus you can actually paint/texture in real time which is amazing. Hope to see more.

6. autobotguy

autobotguy Well-Known Member

Its alright looking.

For Primus sake....change your sig pic! :peoples: