Transformers Movie-verse The Cube Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by AdamWojcieszak, Jan 27, 2010.

1. AdamWojcieszak

AdamWojcieszak Well-Known Member

Ok, dumb question, but why if the Cube is the creator of the bots' race, why is it any time something comes in to contact with the Cube that they're always dangerous little Gremlins??

2. whoamidri

whoamidri Mumbling Madman

I always imagined that the cube had to be configured by one side or the other. But I don't know, good question.

3. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    I think it's because neither side was the one who brought them to life, it was always a human, so therefore, everytime by accident, they have just been set as "default".

4. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no if you touch the cube you turn into one of the jedward twins from pop idol..........

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    This is the actual answer provided by the writers, not in words but in meaning:

The cube creates feral creatures, the very basest of life forms that have the potential of becoming tamed and civilized.

6. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    they are by defult deceptacons because all current technology was enegerneard off megatron so when it gives them life well yeah

7. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    One, learn english.

Two, he's right.

8. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    He's actually wrong. The cube creates feral creatures as a way of protecting itself as explained in the game. They'll attack Autobot or Decepticon, they don't have a faction.

Now after the danger to the Cube is gone, they'll proably revert to a more tame setting and be able to choose autobot or decepticon, so on and so forth.

The technology being reverse engineered had nothing to do with it. Just the Cube assessing the situation and doing something about it.

9. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

Also they are all just newly brought to life, with nothing to base anything on, no concept of reality or who's a friend or foe. If I was brought to life suddenly, and knew nothing, had no identity, and a bunch of built in weapons-I would start shooting stuff up too. Think about it. If you were born as a baby, but could walk around, do anything that a normal person can do- and weapons were a part of you-don't you think some violence would occur. They just had no way of knowing what to do

10. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

So where does the spark come from? And how did those aborted Decepticon babies figure into all this?

11. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Regardless of how the Sparks of life & sentience are created/introduced to a being, it is indeed true & confirmed many times over, for some time now, that creatures suddenly brought to life by the Allspark releasing energy are feral, acting as cornered animals striking out in complete confusion at suddenly 'being'.

12. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

It goes like this: a mechanical object is given the Allspark radiation, and that spreads energon which generates a spark. It forms the panels and everything that a transformer needs, and is a basic form of life. They just don't know anything about them or what is around them, so it is certain that they could attack anything. It has absolutely nothing to do with Autobots, Decepticons, or the reverse-engineering from Megatron in any way.

13. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

the cube is a source of energon...so when the human technology is contacted by the energon it gains power and also the ability to transform into a transformer...however a spark is NOT created.. after the initial burst of energon from the cube runs out the transformer enters stasis lock until if at all the transformer comes in contact with more energon...Sparks can only be obtained on cybertron..

14. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

And those Decepticon babies I'm guessing had sparks but no energon?

15. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

yes...actually my take on the babies is they are actually not babies..I think they are mini cons and can gather energon within there circuts..my thoughts on it are confusing lol but if you would like my explanation just ask

16. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    That's what I always thought.

17. AdamWojcieszak

AdamWojcieszak Well-Known Member

It's still confusing no matter how you look at it LoL

18. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    Your going by the game, to something the writers technicaly said.

19. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

Yes, because that was the issue in the movie, no Energon for them to properly grow and hatch so they were just dying off, thats my understanding anyway.

20. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Right. Thats the whole reason for the decepticons attacking in the second film. They need energon to(Like blood) for the Hatchlings. Without Energon(Blood) the hatchlings will die. Thus the reason they are supposed to be in a stasis induced pod sleep. They are put so until energon is obtained. If they don't get a good amount of engeron flowing through the spark they are built with then they die. Thats likely how there race reproduced. They'd build the hatchlings and use the allspark to give them energon. Due to the fact that the Allspark was lost so was the ability to produce more Cybertronians.

"They were on an exploratory mission to find Energon. The life blood of our race. Without it we'll all oxidize and rust. LIKE MY RETCHED SELF!!"