Transformers Movie U-PENN Set Images From Friday

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DESTRO, Jun 13, 2008.

1. DESTRO

DESTRO Cobra Arms Dealer Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got back from the Transformers Movie Set filming currently at the fraternity house knows as"The Castle" on the U-PENN Campus in Philadelphia.

The day started off slow until that call for extras that went out was answered by some very good looking woman. There must have been 5 cargo vans that showed up dumping 3-inch heals, a lot of legs onto the set. Mike has good taste in background noise.

Then the Man himself showed up, Bay pulled in pimping a Black Cadillac Escalade.
    He then made his way over to the set an began inspecting the angles he wanted to shoot with, and took aim at a tree blocking his path. For a second I thought he was just going to use a grenade in true Bay style, but he called in a few tree ninjas and the got the job done with out blowing the tree up.

I think Shia LaBeouf was a little late to the set and I got a pic of him running by so he could get to work. The Scene they were shooting today was a Frat party (At Michael Bay's Fraternity) with some out side shots with the woman.

After they got done filming and took a small break Shia LaBeouf was just sitting around and noticed a small crowd of fans. He looked over and saw a little boy who had a Ultimate Bumblebee toy in his hand and he went right over signed it. Highlight of the day.

He also took the time after that to sign every single autograph until every fan who wanted one had received one. That was very cool to take some time out to hang with the fans (Mostly Freshmen Chicks).

After they finished up Bumblebee pulled up and they started to move everybody back. They were starting to set up for a stunt where Bumblee crashes into one of the green light posts out side the Castle. They put us way to far back to see anything good so I left to come post the story.

A few side notes: I herd that the college is going to be Princeton University and Not U-Penn in the movie. BOO that sucks if true, Philly Rules! Take it as Rumor until confirmed.

No Megan Fox!
    - That makes me sad in so many ways that she did not show up.

They also filmed at the Ben Franklin Bridge - No Pics of that.

I guess thats it enjoy the pics.

Staff Edit: Pics mirrored here: Transformers 2 Philly Pics - Bumblebee Shia and Hot Chicks

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  2. Laserbot

Laserbot Rachel Cook

News Credits:
    Sweet! humm why would BB crash into a light post?

3. Kingplay

Kingplay Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sweetness :rock 

4. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Frat party...oh dear. I hope that scene is nice and short. :D 

And turning Penn campus into Princeton U.? Thought they were going to take scenes from both schools, unless I am mistaken.

Cool to hear Shia being nice to the local fanbase :D  (wishes I could be there...maybe over the weekend, perhaps?)

BB on scene...would love to see that, as well.

5. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    See guys this is what its all about. The kids.

6. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    Thanks for the report, Destro. Everyday I hope there's a lot of new TF2 info, and you started my day pretty good. Maybe BB crashes into the light pole, after some sort of chase scene or something, where BB gets pushed aside by some Decepticon, and crashes? Or he's just drunk on Energon after the frat party :p 

7. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    running over to sign that bb is just one more reason that kid is quickly becoming my favorite actor

8. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Is that girl in the green dress Isabel Lucas? She looks vaugley like Rachael Taylor, whom Lucas resembles.

9. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm sure these are some of the ladies I saw at the casting call at the Spectrum. I should have went with you Destro to check this out.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That quote really made me smile. the guys working on this film are such cool people.

I've got a hypothosis: What if BB gets his vehicle mode mods, has the covers on but then can't see and crashes into a lamp post.

:p 

11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome. It's great to see the guys working on this film take time out with the fans. Especially when Shia went and signed that kids Ultimate BB... reading that made my day.

12. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    very cool with the signature. though i'm sure the kid won't understand all that well. who knows, it may or may not be worth something in years (depends on if he gets arrested again or not)

as for the chicks.. meh they could have found hotter.

13. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Rooks Gang Leader

News Credits:
    You know, normally I don't respond to posts like this, but...

The point of Shia signing that child's toy, but as well as providing autographs for everyone else that wanted one says something. He's an all around great guy, and in my opinion a really great actor. He was arrested for what? Smoking in a non smoking area? You're coming across as if he's OJ or something.

Besides Shia has stated after that "debaucle" that he's going to start watching his Ps and Qs. There really wasn't a need to bring the whole thread down by bringing up something that happened in the past, especially something as pointless as smoking in a non smoking area.

And your comment about the background "hotties" is rather pointless as well, considering the picture quality isn't a straight on head or body shot. You wouldn't push them out of bed, so don't act like you would.

That is all.

14. Chaos328

Chaos328 Decepticon

News Credits:
    Damn that chick in the aqua blue dress in the 2nd row is so fine

15. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

GM must have insisted on those nose and tail covers, not realizing the uncovered pics have already made the rounds. :D 

16. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

Classy move. Shia's a stand up guy in my book. Fans should always be important. If it wasn't for us, there'd be no point in making movies like this in the first place.

17. meetoblivion

meetoblivion aka chazzy

Ebay:
    Depending on how you read the reports, he's been gotten for smoking in a non smoking area, public drunkenness (though the court easily dropped that one), and trespassing.

Actually my comment about not being arrested again had more to do with him having been arrested/charged multiple times already. Also, it doesn't take a good PR person to tell you to avoid shopping while drunk.

I probably would pass on them. Philly's got much better to offer.

but it's ok, I won't take your comments as flame bating.

18. IronhideTF

IronhideTF Give Stare Over There.-->

Is that Escalade Stockade?!?!?!?!?

19. JusticeSabre

JusticeSabre FLUKE the SYSTEM.

Ebay:
    Maybe the final battle will take place in Camden.
    It already looks war-ravaged.

20. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Rooks Gang Leader

News Credits:
    That's good, I won't take yours as such either.

However, Shia being a down to earth actor who takes time for not only his fans but all the fans present has nothing to do with his past issues.