Transformers Movie Toys Packaging? Want your Opinion.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Terrorcon0, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Terrorcon0

Terrorcon0 Transformers Rock Star!!!

News Credits:
    Well I know every Transformers fan is so excited about the new movie coming in the next year and a half. Well I know everyone has made mention of what figures to come out in the movie and all the speculation of what is to come. My Question is when the toys are released what kind of packaging would you like to see these figures released in? Everyones opinions are accepted. I would prefer something on the lines of Hasbro doing the same style of packaging of the original Transformers from the 80's. I would like to have the ability to open these packages and be able to pull out the figures with out destroying the packaging. These toys will become highly collectable especially if the movie become a blockbuster. This movie is going to be a big deal for new fans and old fans alike and I think that some sort of draw of the original packaging with a new feeling when these figures hit the shelves. What is your opinion?

2. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Well, based on what we have seen from the "new and improved," Alternators packaging I'd anticipate something very similar that has a high display value while on-rack or on-shelf, but like usual (sadly) will be tightly sealed to prevent theft or shoplifting. Since we are talking movie related items, I'd say they would be identifiable and highly visible and recognizeable on the shelf.

3. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I want Hasbro and Takara to come up with original designs for the movie toys that are very similar to the movie version. It should be just like BT/ALT but with more variety, especially when it comes to Decepticons. The packaging should also be very attractive like the bubble wrap for the new Alternators. Hopefully some of them will come out around Xmas time next year.

4. NexusPrime

NexusPrime The finder of Gears

The packaging?

Well I would like to see something like what the alternator line but to try and go back to them being in boxes also not just incased in plastic.

5. Lazerbeak

Lazerbeak Keronian Ambassador

A little off-topic, but your sig is HUGE. You're gonna want to take care of that before a mod does.

500x300 pixels and under 40K, please.

6. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think for the movie packaging, a gloss black packaging w/ Chrome silver logo and the old style "grid" pattern on the box would look striking. Maybe have some kind of a glowing effect with the grid pattern.

-Gregg

7. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Corrugated brown cardboard shipping boxes, with brown paper bags for cushioning. No display windows or graphics.

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Just a massive cocoon of twist ties with a picture of the toy on the outside.

9. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Personally i'd love to see Die-Cast figures in McFarlane style packaging or Sigma 6 style packaging. Each also has to come with a display base similar to BTs.

10. Dragstrip85

Dragstrip85 Well-Known Member

If they come out next Xmas, wouldn't that spoil the movie for us? I mean, we will be seeing their Alts and Robot forms half a year before the movie even comes out. I want to be surprised, unless no one cares about being surprised anymore. :sly2: 

11. CrackerBoy

CrackerBoy SeƱor Member TFW2005 Supporter

They gotta use die-cast.

12. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Well, using the 80's style packaging look is probably not going to happen, for one very good reason. If the G1 redux line we saw at Botcon does indeed become the line that fills the space between Cybertron and the movie, then it almost certainly would have vintage style packaging (similar to those carded Star Wars toys of a year or two ago). So the 80's packaging wad would be blown 6 months before the movie line hits.

Besides, the movie has to appeal to a broad range, and 80's G1 packaging only hits on the 20/30-something nostalgia range. It's perfect for a line of new G1 character molds, but not so much for the entirely new character designs the movie will presumably drop on us.

13. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

I think another good question, for all the G1 fans who stepped on the band wagon a little to late (after the toys, shows etc), is: Will you Collect Them All? (Pokemon style).

14. UDontKnowSith

UDontKnowSith NOOOOOOOOOOO!

A perfectly round plastic bubble you can't open without cutting ot tearing, and a ton of twist ties holding the toy in place.

15. JD

JD Well-Known Member

I'd like the packaging to be like the rissues. Those door thingies rock :D 

16. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think the toy should be glued to the packaging. Why just destroy the box, when you can ruin the ENTIRE collecting experience?

Hrm...I wonder if a few of us don't like the new Alt packaging? :banghead: 

17. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I dunno the projected shelf-life of the interim G1 revisited line, but it's a fact of life that the toys will probably hit before the movie. Spider-Man/Hulk/X-men toys hit as much as six months before the movie.
    I imagine with TFs, it'll be more like Star Wars' transition from OTC to RotS. The then-current/G1 line will carry over into the spring, where at some point in April/May, the movie toys will hit as those dwindle off so that the movie toys are already a presence on the shelf when the movie comes out. Likewise, not everything will be out from the get-go and stuff will keep coming out until the inevitable fall/DVD push.

As for packaging, I really have no preference. I agree that a G1-inspired look is probably not the way to go. I'd rather they use something like that (ala The Grid) on the G1 revisited line anyway and trust the powers that be to have the movie packaging mesh with the overall theme of the movie's promotion, whatever that may be.