Transformers Movie Test Footage from Industrial Light and Magic?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Super_Megatron, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_Man

J_Man New Member

There are times when movie companies even use toys to plot out a sceen. Imagine if that type of footage were to surface. Many of these people acting like the comic book guy from the Simpsons would kill over. So yeah if it was fake, the person who went to these lengths needs to get a life since obviously a ton of time was put into it. They should invest time in trying to get a job at ILM instead of faking footage from them. I highly doubt this to be fake just based on the shear amount of time it would take to fake this. Even if it's not for the movie, it's footage to something.

2. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Its taking awhile for me to download but it looks like a human comparison to the robot type of test. I like alternators, but they mostly seem like suburban vehicles wheras the tf cars should mostly be sleek supercars.
    I think Dreamworks will do a good job on the look and the feel of the transformers. Alot of the animators probably grew up on the show too. Im more afraid of how the story/concept will play.

3. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Why just sleek supercars? TF cars could be any type of car, even an old VW beetle! :thumbs2: 

If this is a fake, then it's a cool looking one. I like it.

If this isn't a fake, it also looks good for a test.... I can't imagine how good the finished product would look like if a mere test looks like this.

Really excited about the movie at this moment!

-airfox

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It doesn't even matter if it's fake or real...it's not like this is the clip that will be in the movie. It's an early concept piece, just showing what they can do.

All you people who call fake need to lighten up, because we'll probably never know either way.

Personally, it makes me excited to see what they can do, and I could care less whether it's legit or not, because it gives me an idea of what to expect.

5. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

True, cars like bumblebee, hoist, or gears werent particularly fancy, but the vehicles themselves have alot of personality. The alternators are a bit on the generic sedan side of things. All that being said I think they are great toys.

6. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    QHE HIJ@ DE PUT@!!!!! ESTA RE-BIEN HECHO!!!!!
    :rock  :rock  :rock  :rock  :rock 

7. Angelophile1

Angelophile1 Mutant Monkeyboy

Same way as the Michael Smith Transformer was fake.

It LOOKS very similar to the Michael Smith Transformer finish too. Looks like someone could have taken a fan movie and tried to make it look like it was shot in secret by adding bars etc

I think it's fake, just a good fake.

8. OptimusTattoo

OptimusTattoo Banned

i don't know why you think you have to be mr dictionary.......so here's some fyi for the future.......
    1. i'm going to missspell
    2. i'm not going to use proper grammar
    3. so please don't try to correct me

you should start a special forum just for that.

9. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    I enjoyed watching the clip (alot).

Whether it's real or not,... do I really care? NO, it's still very cool, much like that new rendition of the G1 movie trailer (some people put alot of work into both projects for all of our collective benefits; we should be happy and not sceptical only for the sake of being sceptical).

What I like about the clip is that it reminds me of the G1 cartoon 'cause Sideswipe transforms into a very cool robot form and the animator is not too concerned with binaltech/alternator-like realism (I mean they're frickin' robots from outer space; do I really care if each car seat, muffler, or vanity mirror is accounted for in the final product?). Less is more (look at how crap energon/cybertron are with their 5-minute long transformation scenes).

Anyways, just my opinion.

10. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

If poor grammar and spelling aren't something to be proud of, I don't know what is.

11. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Optimus Tatto: I see nothing wrong with what Twin Twist wants, in fact, i'm sure the majority of members here prefer to read correct grammar and complete sentences, it's much easier for them to read, and it doesn't make you look like some ******ed 14yr old 'sk8r b0i' who can't speak proper english. Being rude like that isn't really going to get you any respect or credit from anyone here, and people will probably just end up ignoring your posts.

As for the video - i personally think it could be legit, but there always is the chance it's fake...if it is, i'll probably be a little sad that it is indeed fake, but nevertheless i can say i enjoyed it. I'd have though that Mr Don Murphy would have to something to say if this is an *actual* leaked piece of video....

perhaps someone should try and get an answer out of him about it.

12. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I doubt Don Murphy would confirm it if it were indeed real.

His only reaction so far was something along the lines of "I won't open that crap, there's no TF footage on the net".

Only with worse spelling.

13. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:

exactly. its test footage. its not part of the movie, the model most likely won't be part of the movie or have ANYTHINg to do with the movie

its test footage of a car transforming, they do this so they know what they're doing when it comes to animating the actual movie. you think the guys over at ILM building these models, know what they look like and how to do this already down to a tee? maybe one or two guys have in the past for something to do, but CGI'ing cars turning into robots in a real world enviroment, isn't exactly popular (yet, that's what the movie will be for :p ) there will be hundreds more of these kind of tests. we just happened to see one of them

14. Jetplague

Jetplague Michael Bay is evil!

I think it is the real thing. But like Mike, I too think that this is not the "Final" look of how this will be. It was just a test animation by the studio to show the size/scale and general look of how it will transform. You can see the head of Sideswipe on it...and some of the facial expressions. I for one believe that Don Murphy will never confirm this as actual footage because he doesn't want to get in deep doo doo with Dreamworks either. For him to say "yes" would be a breach of contract....so you'll never drive it out of him. He gives you what little he can, otherwise he gets a big fine for blabbing.

15. OptimusTattoo

OptimusTattoo Banned

look ppl (that is internet for people for you anal retentive folks) stick to the damn posts and stop trying to be 3rd grade teachers

16. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Third is a bit optimistic.

Has TT still got that funky quote in his sig? I've got them turned off...

17. Grimbot

Grimbot Chokkei hater.

18. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
  19. optimus1

optimus1 Well-Known Member

It's good i dont see it as ILM material but hey.
    It gets the same reply as the Citrion commercial if a 30-40 second commercial can be that good then a 90 minute action flick can be far greater so to all you fans enjoy it
    As for Grammer Optimus Tattoo trust me im on your side but yes all because i had no interest in school my spelling was high my grammer and puncuation sucked.And i hate that about myself
    I used to get the shits as id post when most of you guys were asleep and id be getting ready for work due to world time differnce so im half asleep
    But hey its just constructive advice
    As i say i understand were your comming from the world wide web is a free for all and i blame sms messaging,BUT I learn't to deal with it and move on
    Cheers

20. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    Fake or Not, who cares...it's cool. Someone took some time on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.