Transformers Movie Studio Series In-Hand Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Feb 19, 2018.

1. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's actually one of the reasons I love MPM-04 so much, despite his other issues.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  2. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

I just saw a SS Optimus at Walmart, and someone had cut the tape on the top of the box and taken off Prime's head and returned it.

Also, as for the topic of a mask-less variant, I'll echo what others say about it looking off. I think the Evasion Optimus has a better mask-less face (and I prefer it on that one anyway, since I don't recall him using the faceplate in that state in the film).

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Personally, I like the way Hasbro did TLK Leader Megatron's faceplate gimmick, albeit that might not work on a Voyager Class figure, but it would be nice if it could.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even buy it first, and instead just cut the box open in the store and pulled the head off right there in the aisle, then put everything back in the box and walked out of Wal-Mart with Optimus' head in there pocket.

• Like Like x 2
  4. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    It would be cool if that worked, but the chances of seeing that sort of gimmick on a voyager figure would be pretty slim, especially with Prime. A majority of Megatron’s faceplate was created from his tusks, therefore it was pretty easy to recreate on his toy. With Prime, his faceplate basically slides in and out of his cheeks. I think that’d be a little hard to recreate.

• Like Like x 4
  5. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    True, but then again, having a toy's head open up and flipping his face around to a new, face-plated head isn't really very accurate either. :lolol  With Optimus, it might be easier (at least for a Leader) as they wouldn't have to deal with tusks, just the mouth flipping around and being replaced by a faceplate.

6. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’d much rather have a nice ball jointed head than one that’s hindered by a gimmick.

MPM primes works great, but leader megatrons is a bit meh.

• Like Like x 1
  7. W-P38

W-P38 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The TakaraTomy TLK-15 Leader Class is Calibur Optimus Prime. AOE was Lost Age AD-31. Both have the option to switch between face shield and without, but Calibur also has removable backpack kibble which transformers into a shield, an axe, his two blades from the first 3 movies, and a more screen accurate paint and chrome job. He's pretty amazing.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Maverick

News Credits:
    Slightly off topic but the Aoe design for Optimus actually had his battle mask folding up from under his chin, instead of out from his cheeks like the trilogy design. So the gimmick they used on Tlk Megs would make a lot of sense on an Aoe Optimus.

giphy (10).gif

• Like Like x 3
  9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    It'd be cool for sure but given the size they have to work with, I'm not sure it would look good when it's all said and done, due to the hinges it would require. At voyager size(and given that SS Prime is a small voyager), it might be better to make a removable battle mask. However the challenge there is not losing it, plus, where to store it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

Weird, my studio series prime doesn't look like either of these. He's got the full facemask, but his chest panels are all red (like the no-mask version) rather than red and blue like the masked one is in the pictures.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SoundwaveSuperior

SoundwaveSuperior "The Scourge of the Sky"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    The masked one has some custom paint.

• Like Like x 3
  12. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Holy crap I had totally forgotten about that. Sweet! If only Hasbro were planning on making a better Leader AOE/TLK Optimus mold, then we could get this. I had seen that there's another listing for another Studio Series Optimus Prime floating around that doesn't have the same item number, so I wonder if we'll be getting a DOTM Optimus remold from the current Studio Series Optimus, or if we'll be getting a AOE/TLK Optimus in this line? And will he have a faceplate or not? :lolol 

Also, how much of TLK Leader Megatron's faceplate gimmick parts extend into his neck, if at all? It looks simple enough to mostly or solely be housed in his head, so if someone did a Leader Optimus with this same gimmick, I feel like it could be possible to do a slightly more articulated neck. Maybe?

• Like Like x 2
  13. maxxzander

maxxzander Well-Known Member

Still prefer faceplate ... luckily I got just that otherwise I would have "open up the box and pull out the masked face's head " then return it lol....

About that, I actually swap my evasion op maskless face with the masked version that comes with grimlock in 2 packs... and sold that coz I just couldn't stand looking at his mouth/lip .....

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2018
  14. Yobuster

Yobuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now i have to choose between two..... Aargh...

15. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    By the way, I would totally buy both versions. One to display in vehicle mode, and another to display in robot mode. Then switch them around if I want to switch between faceplate and no faceplate.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is the Studio Ratchet a new mold or is it the same one from DOTM?

17. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Entirely new mold. Shares most of the same transformation scheme (only adding an extra joint in the front wheels to spin them around and expose the floodlights), but if you compare every piece side-by-side you'll notice lots of detail improvements and some minor functionality updates.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mason

Mason New Member

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    83FB9D5D-ECAD-462F-B62E-DD3346EE4273.jpeg Got three of the studio series. And my first ratchet I was so happy.

• Like Like x 5
  19. World Prime

World Prime Za Warudo!

Ebay:
    If you cropped that lamp out of the photo it wouldn't upload sideways. A little trick I learned. Or take the photo sideways.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Jacer

Jacer Find Kill Cleanse Veteran

News Credits:
    If you rotate the image once then rotate it back to normal it fixes if for some reason. @Lumpy taught me that.

• Like Like x 3