Transformers Movie Studio Series In-Hand Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Feb 19, 2018.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They never charge your card the first time. It's a temporary hold just to confirm that there's funding in the account you're using. If you used PayPal, it even says the amount could change when they finally do process and charge your card.

The exchange rate can also change, plus your credit card/bank fees can affect the price, plus whatever fees HTS incurs. I've had to pay fees buying internationally, I'd imagine it's even more expensive for a business.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

I'm aware the first charge isn't actually charhed that's is a hold charge to ensure you have the funds. What I'm not okay with is the final charge jumping from 95(not 97 as stated before) to 99 after my actual bank statement said 95 was charged to my card.

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This doesn't seem to be too bad of a scale, especially if you squat Ironhide down, as you're supposed to do. Even in vehicle mode, it's not bad.

Without an updated Bumblebee, however, I'd think other versions will be out of scale.

0302181312.jpg 0302181321.jpg 0302181321a.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Again, this isn’t HTS’s fault. At all.

They charge in USD and whatever you are charged in CAD is the combination of what your payment provider and bank determine to be the exchange plus fees.

5. Hexatron

....... I don't think you read the part about my account actually being charged 95 with a COMPLETED TRANSACTION first, then 99 afterwards. I had 3 charges to my account (including the hold charge) for one order. Two charges not being a hold charge.

6. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prices in eBay climbing higher? People are not getting patient?

Is this gonna be like 2007 again?
    Where people are willing to give in to EvilBay Scalpers just to have Deluxe Concept Camaro, Voyager IH, LC Prime, etc.?
    They should've learn their lesson. It's been fucking 10 years.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Right now, Blackout is out of stock. So people would do anything for it.

8. Hexatron

People are pre ordering blackouts from a random eBay seller for over 200 Canadian. I laughed sooooooo hard at that lol.

9. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I don't get it.

I've only seen this on ebay twice and so far the lowest one is sold out and they had like 16 of them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    It's kind of hard to tell because Bumblebee is at a higher level, but they look pretty close to me in this pic.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    He's not at a higher level, and there's no way you can seriously look at those two and claim they're anywhere near the same size.

12. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Ok

13. Hexatron

I could see it if the retail price was going to be 120 or so but retail is going to be 70 CAD, like WTF are people smoking? Even if you miss out on it at a retail store in your area you will still be able to get it online for less after release. This isn't a convention exclusive, Hasbro is definitely going to milk this guy.

14. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    With the rate Blackout is going online, I'm just thinking about what it will be like in stores. I mean, currently it was hard to find the first wave of Power of the Prime in stores.

15. Hexatron

Guess I have the benefit of living in a town with absolutely no transformers community.

Edit: ten bucks says it'll get the ko upgrade treatment because of the demand for this character/figure.

16. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Well-Known Member

Megatron and Blackout look godly and finally deserving of their characters. Though Blackout sadly still looks smaller than he should be.
    Grimlock is good, but since he's done practically nothing in the movies and has no character, I don't really care.
    Crowbar is pretty cool, I never thought they'd actually make a figure with those long dreads. Kudos. Stinger I can take or leave.
    Lockdown is okay, but his previous toy was so bad there was nowhere to go but up.
    Optimus, Ratchet, Bumblebee, Starscream and Brawl are all wastes of plastic. They've all had better looking figures of those designs and sizes, particularly battle blades Prime and the previous leader Brawl. What a disappointment. I would have preferred a voyager Bonecrusher in one of those spots.
    And then there's Jazz. Oh, Jazz... why is it so hard? Over 10 years have passed and they still can't make an accurate Jazz figure. It's so close, but the arms look all wrong, and the mouth is cast in super dark black plastic that obscures all the detail - why?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    After waiting for preorders to go up, I've made a hole in my floor deep enough that it goes to China. So I can just pick one up there. lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    The head's very interesting. It evokes Starscream without a doubt but the more spidery details also make him feel more distinct from Starscream. Would've liked it if his head was his IDW movie comic head but this isn't bad either. :)  Makes me wish we can get another Voyager movie mold to give us a Skywarp that also has a head evoking SS but also having different details on him.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Zemetri

Zemetri Active Member

Does anyone have last knight Voyager Optimus Prime, and also Studio series Bumblebee? I wonder how different the scale is between them.

I'd rather look at the difference between the studio series Optimus Prime and the last knight Voyager but hes not really out ☹️.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Hm..

News Credits:
    (Optimus is a work in progress repaint)
    20180313_015301.jpg

• Like Like x 6