Transformers Movie Starscream CGI Design Images First Look

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Feb 3, 2007.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    (Quote/GIR) *gasp!* He's got, chicken legs! (/GIR)

Seriously, poo.

But hands are always nice.

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Agreed. It may have been drawn, colored, or tweaked on a computer, but it's not a rendering of a 3D model. This is clearly earlier than that stage.

3. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

Does it realy matter? By CGI design, the title means the design from the movie, not of a toy.

4. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    You dont have to be little to be sneaky.......Besides the fact that size does matter in this case. And he has bent legs resembling a bird like character...it is even mentioned that he perches a top buildings when not fighting. So their not experimenting really....their just making him blend in a little better.....he could be a very good example of a vulture. They wait, they watch, they learn, and when the times right they get what they want.

So really he isnt so much sneaking, as he really is cunning.

5. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

It seems to give some people the idea that it's more final than it is. The final 3D renders will certainly be very similar to this, but there will undoubtedly have been several tweaks.

6. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Just look at the Prime and Megatron (ESPECIALLY his) concept art/early CGI renders.

7. orionpacks85

orionpacks85 autobot85

Ebay:
    uh....no

I look at this Starscream and all I can think is....

"He wear a disguise he looks like human guys, but he's not a man he's a Chicken Boo!"

8. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    no it doesn't, i don't see how 'computer generated' = 'from the movie'???

these are drawings, the actual cgi renders will look different - prehaps not in design, but certainly in terms of materials, reflections, pose etc

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    No. It doesn't.
    CGI = Computer Generated Image.
    Not
    CGI = Tweaked On A Computer.
    That would be TOAC. Which would sound stupid.
    If anything, one would expect pictures of the actual 3D model used in the movie, not a piece of concept art.

10. Sagitta

Sagitta Nuetral

Somewhat wondering why some of the Cons/Bots have a semi-insectoid appearances. At least where the headare concerned. More so with this guy in full form. Can somewhat understand the reasoning if it's to make the appearance less humanoid and more alien. (A nod to the Beast Wars franchise?) I mean, the Cons do look much more monsterous here than what was in G1 and the various spin-off/series than the Autobots. Could well be a tactic to appear more threatening too. Human history has it where various peoples in war would make themselves appear monsterous to instill a greater fear in their enemies. So, wouldn't be the first time.

I still say he's ugly. :) 

Though wonder why some of them have what looks like "teeth". Not like any of the TFs would actually need any. Sensory output and personal needs wouldn't even call for it. Don't mind the legs too much. But why the over-extended arms unless his legs and arms would have been proportionate had the legs been straight?

11. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    rather than tweaked, i would guess that these are completely drawn 100% on a computer with a tablet, that's how most concept artists work.. but even so, that's a still a human doing the image generation, not the computer

12. hordeprime

hordeprime In Spite of the System

Can't wait to see this thing kick some ass on the silver screen.

I'm not going to sit here and give a list of every reason why this design works, but I WILL say this : The original Starscream (looking at it as it sits on my desk) is the single best example of the anime robot design which was rampant throughout TF and several other shows of the time (and in alot of ways, still is). As a concept artist, I'm glad to see that someone had the motivation to give us a COMPLETELY new take on the character, rather than giving us a "version" of it. And yes, there is nothing about this character that suggests his G1 counterpart, however, again, I'm glad to see what else they could come up with, rather than keeping a safe "life line" to the original.

That said, G1 Starscream works for what he was needed. Here's hoping that this version works just as well for the film franchise.

13. † Sunstorm

† Sunstorm Sunstorm member 1

gorilla

14. Locke

Locke Team Vanguard

News Credits:
    I think you have a point here; it looks like I might have to retract my previous statements. Accoriding to FAS, the F-22A is 62 feet long. I grabbed one of their images, and it seems that the aircraft is roughly 6.5 cockpits long (this may be a little off due to perspective, but not too much). This makes the cockpit about 9.5 feet long.

[​IMG]

If the Starscream design here is to scale (which it might not be), Starscream appears to be about 5.5 cockpits tall; so he is about 52 feet tall in robot mode.

[​IMG]

It seems like Starscream will still be very tall relative to the rest of the cast, but imagine how tall he would be if he stood up to full height. I have a suspicion that they might resort to a bit of shifting to shorten him as well; fortunately, if they do this, the 'exploding' Transformation scheme should make it less obvious and less jarring visually.

15. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

They should atlist CHANGE the legs ,don't like that design at all but the rest is now okay!!

16. Optimus Prime Super Mode

Optimus Prime Super Mode Autobots

I don’t know about this, I don’t like the robot mode, too 'Bulky' but I do like the vehicle mode.

17. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

The problem for me is that you simply can't hide his mass by making him a bit shorter and incredibly bulky. As others have mentioned, he should still be absolutely huge when compared to most of the Transformers cast. Honestly, how different would it have been if he was a bit taller, yet more slender? For me, he is easily the worst of the bunch. At this point, it would probably have been better if Megs took an earth mode and Starscream, being far too arrogant retained a cybertron alt mode (negating scale considerations).

18. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Craptacular. Simply craptacular. The head still reminds me of a cross between those Igor hunchbacks from Dracula and from the movie Predator.

19. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I bet that this film does not delve into the personalities of the robots and that is why the bots have such a physical presence instead. We may get a hint of the personalities we remember from the G1 show, but not in the same fashion that they were once presented. This surfaces most in the design of Starscream. Thats why many of us had/still hae problems with the designs. They imply that the characters are simple... monsters that destroy stuff. Why use Transforemrs to make such a commonplace story? Im not sure. Yes, there will be moments of character development, but not much. This movie is about humanity- a movie more like "Independence Day". A film about humanity pulling together to face a common threat and the several different people who played a role. Thats my guess. I havent read the script. I dont care that much anymore. The makers of this movie probably troll the boards trying to get free ideas anyway. Heck, Im not going to give any to them, they dont respect us enough anyway.
    Oh, and I bet the makers of this film will go on about how the nerdy fandom was bitching about small details and innacuracies. Whatever...dont blame us. You have more money than talent, and thats just a shame.

20. Sideswipe3000

Sideswipe3000 Member

I'd have to say this is the first robot design that I don't like. If it were someone other than Starscream I'd probably like it okay, but this design just doesn't say Starscream to me.

Maybe it'll grow on me...