Transformers movie special screening (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by sonicantz, Jun 27, 2007.

1. sonicantz

sonicantz Member

Well all I have go to say is frickin awesome. I have just got home from a special pre release screening of TRANSFORMERS at SkyCity Cinemas St Lukes which was put on by The EDGE radio station here in Auckland, New Zealand, (true home of the Americas Cup btw). Anybody not convinced yet by this movie is off their head. It has humor, a little bit cheesy at times, sad bits, and a whole lot of action. Those people who earlier on said that the movie would be more about people than the transformers will be as surprised as I was at how much Transformer action we actually get!! The G1 fans, like myself, will be happy too. Yes, the film strays somewhat from the G1 story, but it is essentially the same, and there are so many references and easter eggs of G1 goodness that make you smile and feel kinda excited about. In particular during the Megatron/Optimus show down there is a particular line that is straight G1. But hey, I don't wanna give too much away because I know how much that sucks when you already know whats gonna happen when you go to see a movie, so get out there and see it, more than once like I will be. Thats it. Roll Out.

2. sonicantz

sonicantz Member

oops I forgot to mention the biggest thing that I thought was an awesome nod to G1 was that Optimus Primes gives us a glimpse of the Matrix!!!

3. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Sounds like a really fun movie - Glad to joined up to share!

I have to ask a tired old question though: Was the Decepticon tankbot called DEVASTATOR in the print you saw?

4. Tr4nce

Tr4nce TrancEaddict

News Credits:
    Yeah, I also want to know that. Did they finally fix the error or can we all assume that Devastator is going to be his name for sure, which would suck IMO.

5. Khelben

Khelben I like stuff. TFW2005 Supporter

I'm going to see it in the morning so I'll let you know as soon as I get home. :thumb 

6. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, Brawl DID call himself Devastator.

7. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    What was the line they said in the showdown between prime vs. megs also was there fight better than the origanil one

8. sonicantz

sonicantz Member

Yeah he is called Devestator. I was a little dissapointed with that cos now I'm not sure if we'll ever see Devestator the Gestalt of the constructicons. As for the Quote, well here you go... (Spoiler: "One shall stand, one shall fall")

9. Mr_K

Mr_K Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just saw this last night in Brisbane QLD Australia, got an advanced preview screening ticket :D  for a 25meter screen :D :D :D :D :D 

And DAMN, that kick some arse!!!!!! From the word go the Decepticons were tearing it up!

I gotta go see this movie again *ruses out of house to see it again *

10. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    why not? it's not like they can't rename him?

11. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

They could rename his combined form and still have him be ultra cool.

12. Ritesh_Prime

Ritesh_Prime THE PHIL!

News Credits:
    They could call him Brawl :p