Transformers movie score in sports?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by VokVisitor, Jun 14, 2008.

1. VokVisitor

VokVisitor Artist

Hey everybody. I'm not a regular poster or anything, but I noticed that the "Autobots" theme from Steve Jablonsky's Transformers score played in the soundtrack of the US open (golf tournament) today.

So it seems like the score from Transformers has become pretty popular, appearing in other sports events and all that.

IYO, is this evidence that Transformers becoming more "mainstream?"
    What else do you foresee coming out of the Transformers franchise that could wind up in unexpected places?

I was just wondering what thoughts you all may have on the subject.

2. blitzwingfan94

blitzwingfan94 Vikings are the bomb!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I forget when, but they used a score song during a clip montage on NFL Fox Sunday.

3. Chaos Sorcerer

Chaos Sorcerer Well-Known Member

Yeah, i've noticed TF music being used in sports several times. The version of the Autobot/Prime theme from the very end of the movie was played during the team introductions during game 4 of the NBA finals the other night, and i remember several pieces from the soundtrack used throughout the MLB Playoffs last year, though I can't remember specificly what, when.

4. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    No. It's just very common practice for TV networks & sports shows to lift epic symphonic music from blockbuster movies to enhance their commercials & bumpers, especially when it has a memorable melodic hook. The same thing has regularly happened with several scores composed by Hans Zimmer, Harry Gregson Williams & Trevor Rabin. Being that these guys all sound exactly the same in terms of this specfic style, it's not a surprise that Jablonsky's stuff got picked up as well since it fits right into the Zimmer sound camp - aka the film industry's standard of what sounding "epic" means. Plus these guys are more affordable that peeps like John Williams :)  Well, except Zimmer now. That guy is worth a mint, and probably why even Bay doesn't use him as much as he used to. It's actually kind of neat - Zimmer, Bay & Jerry Bruckheimer (producer) all used to be a little club of their own. Interesting to see how they've all branched out and became their own brand names.

BTW, if you listen carefully, you can *still* hear snippets of the Gladiator and The Rock scores played in the background of not just TV & sports shows, but also in other film trailers.

5. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

while we're on the subject didn't they play that piece from the beginning of the movie once or twice at the superbowl this year?

i've been searching youtube for superbowl clips and this is all i'v managed to turn up so far

file:///C:/Users/Dustin/Desktop/%C2%A0/New%20Folder%201%20art/superbowl%20autobot%20insignia.jpg

6. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

No more so than the borrowed music in Bumblebee's re-scan scene makes "Kill Bill" more mainstream.

7. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    They used it at the superbowl when I forgot who was talking about it(his name escapes me now)

8. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Maybe WWE used The Autobots peice then it's will be more epic.

9. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

10. Draeck

Draeck Tanks can bounce

can't say anything about sports, but over here they use the transformers OST on a regular basis on Hollands got talent

11. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

Yeah the Lakers used it right before their lineups during the finals.