transformers movie prequal instead of a sequal

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TFwheeljack223, Aug 28, 2011.

1. TFwheeljack223

TFwheeljack223 Autobot Medic/ Member Of Overwatch

News Credits:
    transformers dark of the moon was awsome. we got new characters, a little too much witwicky, and lots of clean action. but i'm tired of hearing "optimus!" every time action happens.

correct me if i'm wrong but the transformers that got the most screen time out of all the autobots were mostly optimus and bumblebee. in TF1 all the transformers had plinty of screen time dispite the death of jazz. TF2 was not too successful in letting us see characters like jolt and sideswipe. when the game released i was hoping for jolt. never got him. 29th of june 2011. DOTM had hit at 9:00 snd boy was i excited for wheeljack/que and shockwave. SPOILER ALERT! SKIP TO NEXT PARAGRAPH. when shockwave came out of driller during chernobyl all menacingly, i was juiced, but when he just banished, i was kinda pissed. so shortly after, i saw wheeljack doing what he does best, supplying ironhide with ion cannions, then him leaving, then him transforming before mirage jumped in the way, THEN he supplyed weapons to sam then a sad death scene. after all that i realized how much we really missed on a good character. then when optimus flew through the city killing like 20 decepticons, i haven't even realized it was shockwave who he just punched and had his throat ripped out. i left the movies enjoyed and hurt that i waited 3 years and a few months just to see my favorate character just die like that not even putting up a fight (wheeljack/que)

i'm not here to complain about that stuff i just said above but here to express a cool idea. although DOTM was the final battle and we have to agree that if another sequal came in to things would feel alittle weird, why not get a sequel? first off lets face it, give bumblebee alittle time off on action and let someone else grab kid appeal spot light, someone like mirage or jazz because those are the characters people have been excited to see. second, let's go pre-earth instead so we can experiance a movie-verse cybertron. third, no megatron and like 15 minutes of optimus prime. if there is to be a prequel lets give some of the characters we saw in DOTM a bigger role (you all know i'm talking about shockwave). many of you might disagree with my opinion but if there will be some returning characters let them have bumblebee and wheeljack/que with his DOTM look, because i think they should build on their relationships as friends more. many of you might disagree with me, many might agree. but to me i'll be sad to even hear of a reboot.

post below any characters you expect in a prequel, please and thanks for reading this.

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    A prequel is not a good idea. End of.

3. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    no prequel please the comics and novels are ENOUGH for me

4. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    no......

Hasbro needs the Automakers to bring in viewers. vice-versa for the Automakers

5. arceelover13

arceelover13 Well-Known Member

maybe we get to see more arcee lol

6. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Agreed. I'm getting kind of tired of prequel and reboot types of movies. "Star Wars: Episode 1," "Batman Begins," "Rise of the Planet of the Apes," "X-Men: First Class," "Amazing Spider-Man..." I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting...

7. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    story must go forwards, not backwards...

8. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    I'd like it if Reign of Starscream was turned into a movie. No humans, more Transformers, not to mention new characters. (Like Hardtop, Warpath, Grindcore, Elita-1 (Pre snake-woman thing), Dreadwing, Flatline (I think), ect.

Not to mention more of Starscream and Arcee.

9. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

No, no prequels. Be it enough example of how bad a prequel can be: Wolverine.

10. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im all for that. I would love to see a movie incarnation of the beginning of the cybertronian cuvil war, and the beginning of factions...

Hell...Id love to see origins megatron made into a movie. I loved that one

11. ricanhornet

ricanhornet Well-Known Member

Here's why a prequel won't work......

The Transformers wouldn't have their Earth forms (i.e. Camaro, Peterbilt Truck, MH55 Helicopter, etc). They would all be cybertronian in nature, and that, visually, would be kind of boring. If you go back to TF1, and see Ironhide and Prime before they reformat, it was just tall robots. Nothing really cool about them. And that doesn't work in the movie-verse. So, you can pretty much throw the prequel idea out with the garbage.

Plus, an entire 2.5 hour CGI movie would cost astronomical amounts. Think $350 - 500 million.

Sorry, a prequel movie is not happening.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Prequel will not happen because the bots most people are going to be interested in did not arrive on Earth until the first film. That means either none of the robot stars and new human characters or a movie set totally on Cybertron.

A movie set on Cybertron without any human cast isn't going to get made into a live action film because if the whole film is CGI then it would just be the most expensive cartoon ever made.

13. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I'd just like to say that misspelled words in thread titles bug the crap out of me.

14. ThisGuy

ThisGuy True Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This
    and this.

I hate prequels with a passion.

15. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

THIS!! You know what else bothers me? "Should of..." IT'S SHOULD HAVE!!!

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I want the Bayverse left alone and never revisit it again.