Transformers Movie Premiere to Help Change Kids' Lives

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Primeconvoy1, May 1, 2007.

1. Primeconvoy1

Primeconvoy1 Cybertronian Broker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This popped over the ticker tape at my job this morning. Thought it might be of interest.

Transformers Movie Premiere to Help Change Kids' Lives
    By Business Wire
    Last Updated: 05/01 09:46AM

PROVIDENCE, R.I.--The long-awaited Transformers live-action movie from DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures, in association with Hasbro, Inc., releases on July 4, 2007, but Rhode Islanders will have the chance to get a sneak preview at a charity premiere to benefit four local organizations dedicated to changing children's lives. The special premiere is scheduled for June 28 at the Providence Place Cinemas. The entire evening's festivities are being underwritten by Hasbro.

The Rhode Island Community Food Bank, Autism Project of Rhode Island, Adoption Rhode Island, and Hasbro Children's Hospital have been chosen as beneficiaries of the event. Each person who purchases a ticket to the premiere will designate one of these non-profits to receive 100 percent of the ticket price.

"In the spirit of the TRANSFORMERS brand, this exclusive premiere offers the opportunity to leverage the excitement around the film to help make a positive change in the lives of children in our home state," said Brian Goldner, Chief Operating Officer of Hasbro and co-executive producer of the movie. "We are delighted to be able to offer Rhode Islanders a sneak peek of the movie and a chance to help four wonderful organizations."

The evening features a premiere party and light dinner beginning at 6:15 p.m. with the movie screening at 7:30 p.m. Special gift bags and commemorative tickets are also a part of the $75 donation. Tickets can be purchased beginning May 1 by calling 888-TRANS-55.

Transformers, directed by Michael Bay (Armageddon, The Rock, Bad Boys I and II) and executive produced by Steven Spielberg, follows the epic feud between the AUTOBOTS (led by OPTIMUS PRIME) and the DECEPTICONS (led by MEGATRON) as they bring their battle to Earth. In their efforts to help the humans, the AUTOBOTS meet up with an unsuspecting teen, played by Shia LaBeouf (Disturbia, Holes, Even Stevens), who finds himself in the middle of an intergalactic war being fought on our planet. The movie also stars Josh Duhamel (Las Vegas), Tyrese Gibson (Annapolis, 2 Fast 2 Furious), Megan Fox (Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen), John Turturro and Jon Voight.

For more information about Transformers, please visit www.transformersmovie.com or www.transformers.com.

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Interesting. I wonder if it's the same showing Botcon preregistrants can go to, or a separate showing. Very cool, either way.
    (also, I wonder if preregistrants who see the movie at Botcon will get these gift bags. That would be cool)

3. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was wondering that too. Maybe Pete@Botcon can chime in?

4. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

That's a nice idea.
    Hopefully it'll get a bit of positive press for the movie too.

5. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

That's an EXCELLENT thought Draven.....glad I thought of it ;) 

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You have a ticker tape at your job? That's AWESOME.

7. Primeconvoy1

Primeconvoy1 Cybertronian Broker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's an electronic version here at the Philly Stock Exchange, not the old machine, but we still call it the ticker tape. I get alerts when Hasbro news comes out. :D 

8. Automaster

Automaster Eye Heart TF's!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm excited that the Transformers movie will be helping out with charity stuff, but it doesn't feel quite as exclusive now that anybody can go to the sneak preview. This preview was something I wanted to share only with my diehard TF buddies. Well I hope it raises a loooot of money for those RI kids.

9. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nah there will be two theaters used, one for all the fans, which will be lined with plastic to catch all the fan boy drooling/crying as well as all the soda & junior mints thrown at the screen.

The other theater will feature caviar and soft music before the movie :p 

10. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    waaaaah, I want a gift bag.. and light dinner :D 

11. Shaun_C

With the price difference, I'd say this would be something separate...Possibly with the $75 event getting TV coverage and such.

That's not to say that our pre-screening event won't have anything decent too. Guess we'll either 1)Have to see if Mr. Sinclair chimes in or 2)Wait 8 wks and see for ourselves

Shhh...Don't give 'em any ideas :p  ;) 

12. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Booked!

:rock 

Anybody else?

Hitch

13. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I live in RI so count me in

14. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I would sign up for this if I hadn't already got a movie ticket via the club. Or if I could verify that they are at different times so I could do both.

15. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice! The Philly Stock Exchange is one of the feeds that Deefuzz and I help to supply to customers here at Reuters.

16. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Very tempting, since I live in RI. But the cost stings a little, especially since I'm still on the fence about attending Botcon.

17. Shaun_C

^^^

What he said, besides that as cool as the event is. I couldn't take seeing TF:Live Action more then once a day. So I'm satisfied with BotCon's pre screening. Hopefully it's pre screening will be an event in and of itself

Hope you enjoy yourself though Paul :) 

18. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's possible that the two advanced screenings will be the same, that perhaps the $75 is for non botcon attendees. At least that's what I hope. I can't imagine that they wouldn't do something special for the botcon attendees.

19. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well Ive paid for the Botcon screening too

Its all for charity so who cares

I want double goody bags though!

;) 

Hitch

20. Shaun_C

And you can be the generous guy I know and give me the extra goody bag ;)  :D