Transformers Movie out in Australia (sorta)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by foor, Jun 26, 2007.

1. foor

foor Member

My first post, so please be gentle. ;) 

So Australia's one of the first places that premiere Transformers first to the general public from what I hear. And the reels are in! My friend who works at the cinema here confirmed he got them last night, so we kind of demanded he show us the movie then and there! So... as far as I know, we were one of the first of the "official public" here in Australia to watch the movie.

So it was fantastic. I don't know what I can say other that what's been said before, but as a fan, I am self-compelled to make quick non-spoiler comments:

2 hours 15 minutes of pure quasi-G1 fun. The way the Autobots interacted with each other was very G1 in feel. The way Optimus orders the other Autobots and the way they act brings back the fond memories of 1984. Optimus's mouth takes some getting used to but didn't bother me too much. Bumblebee's voice sucked for the few lines he had, the humans were in in WAY too much, Decepticons not enough screentime, that crappy Frenzy bloke I swear got most of it. But the definate big threat was Megatron. Love him. The interaction between him and Optimus is excellent! "PRIIIIIME!!!"

Anyway, bragging it to a few of my Transfans mates earlier today and they were green with envy heheh.

2. Uni-En

Uni-En Well-Known Member

lol I know its been asked and answered millions of times, but, is there A LOT of fighting in the movie?

3. foor

foor Member

The fighting is rather sparse for the first 1 1/2 hours. There were a number of action scenes, but squeezed between the human blah-blah bits. But the last 45 minutes just went off! I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. Pure joy and I almost shed tears at the G1 references.

4. JazzimusPrime

JazzimusPrime Member

Yeah I saw it on Monday night at an advanced screening in Perth. It was awesome. I can honestly say this is without a doubt the best movie I have ever seen. The cgi is breathtaking. The characters are well constructed and each has their own distinctive personality. Prime is soo awesome. Hugo Weaving did a great job with Megatron, and the voices for all of the other Transformers are awesome. Shia was brilliant in this movie, I think he will definately be a star. I cant honestly say anything bad about this movie.

5. Uni-En

Uni-En Well-Known Member

thanks guys!

6. Khelben

Khelben I like stuff. TFW2005 Supporter

I'll be knocking down the doors to my local cinema in the morning, anxiously awaiting the 10.30am opening session. WOe betide any little kids who get in my way! :D 

7. foor

foor Member

I predict the board will be flooding with comments in 24 hours time. Once the movie hits, it's going to be big. There was so much sheer delight in the movie that I almost forgive the other little things, like the comedy moments which are surely designed to make the little kids laugh. The weird alien designs, I now swear I could not see it in any other way now. The boxy designs MIGHT have worked, but it wouldn't heavily convince the casual person off the street who's never seen a single Transformer episode to watch it.

Starscream, my favourite Transformer, didn't get enough screentime at all save for a line of script and a few moments of pwning the humans! I'm sure a lot of humans died in the crossfire between the Autobots and Decepticons, but you never actually SEE any humans die, heh.

8. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    does jazz say "whats cracking bitches"?

and can you tell us some of the g1 phrases?

9. foor

foor Member

Yep, he says that when he got introduced. Pretty funny!

I don't know how to use spoiler tags, forgive me. Not too big spoilers I hope since it's not plot-specific.

POSSIBLE SPOILER!!

---------------------------------------

Some of the G1 quotes...

Optimus: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."

Optimus: "Autobots, roll out!"

Megatron: "You have failed me once again, Starscream."

Megatron: "PRIIIIIME!"

Optimus: "One must stand, one must fall"

Must be a few more I can't remember. Anyone?

A couple of bits where they mentioned "more than meets the eye" in clever context...

10. Tekfreak

Tekfreak Well-Known Member

unfortunately it seems a few of you are all like "blah blah blah stupid human interactions then YES YES FIGHTING", which leads me to believe most of the public/reviewers are going to sh*t on this movie =0(

(not that i care that much, i just want this to rake int eh dough for A #2)

11. foor

foor Member

The human moments were probably necessary for the people new to Transformers. They are looking through their eyes wondering "Oh, what be this new species of aliens!" It's needed. But most fans, like me, unashamedly, just want to see Transformers!

Oh, final cut of the movie.. "Devastator" is still in it. Guess it was too late to change it to Brawl after all.... :(