Transformers Movie - officially out in New Zealand. *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscream NZ, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got back from the premiere of the movie, and the first screenings to the public are now underway. Here's a few of my thoughts: *SPOILERS*

I too loved it. My mouth was ajar when Blackout landed, as it was my most anticipated scene, and it didn't dissapoint. Nothing beats a Decepticon blowing up the US military.

I was a weeee bit put off at the almost complete lack of characterization of the Decepticons. But I had somewhat expected this. However, I think the voice acting of Starscream, Megatron, Barricade and Ratchet were great, and of Cullen really stood out as Prime, there was just NO denying that was Prime. Weavings Megatron was tops too, really enjoyed it.

I also didn't overly appreciate the whole 'humans can kill transformers better than other tranformers' angle, but that was expected. Was sad to see Blackout fall, but figured it was coming. Loved that Prime decapitated Bonecrusher, that was definately not expected, and rendered Bonecrusher a completely useless character. Jazz's death was a bit rushed I thought, but good on them for showing how vicious Megatron could be.

The lack of characterisation of the Decepticons disappointed me, sure they didn't all have to have perfect ones, but we only saw 3 of them talk, Bonecrusher was gone within 5 minutes and Brawl and Blackout didn't speak a word, taken down by humans. That leaves 4 Decepticons remaining:

Starscream
    Megatron (come on, you KNOW he'll be back)
    Barricade
    Scorponok

Overall, I was really impressed with the movie, and will definately go see it again. Loved hearing Doomsday Clock playing during the battle scene, and as credits rolled - didn't expect to hear the Smashing Pumpkins on the actual movie.

Final confirmation for people:
    Brawl, Scorponok, Bonecrusher and Blackout do NOT speak. Frenzy speaks Cybertronian and swears in english at the end of the movie.
    Jazz DOES die, and is beyond repair (Ratchet states he can't save him).
    Barricade - status is unknown, is DEFINATELY in the freeway-chase, but last we see of him, so we can expect he is still alive, we didn't see otherwise.
    Megatron - reportedly dead, dumped into the ocean. If one recalls, Megs and the Decepticons happened to have a underwater base in G1.
    Bumblebee - cannot speak during movie, yet can at the end, my theory on this is that his vocal processors were healed when he came in contact with the allspark, he does not say 'Go, Sam' - he can speak properly.

Sequel:
    Nice ending that makes it feel as if it could be the end of the series, but there were two distinct scenes that basically confirm the sequel.

1. Prime's speech - at the end of the movie, Prime gives off a speech about the fights and the allspark, states that with it's destruction Cybertron could not be saved, and he was sending this message out to any autobot survivors, and that they should come join them on earth.

2. Starscream ditches the fight in LA after getting rid of a bunch of human F22 raptors - in a final scene we see him flying through the atmosphere - we can presume that he's off to Cybertron or wherever else other Decepticons are.

2. blackhawk

blackhawk Well-Known Member

Good wasn't it?

Since you're one of the first to see a proper public screening, and not a pre-screening, can you confirm whether or not Brawl's subtitles still refer to him as Devastator?

I'd really like this fixed, especially as the voice actor is credited as Brawl in the end credits.

3. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

As long as the credit reads "Brawl", they could always pass "Devastator" off as a nickname!
    Nice to hear another good fan reaction.
    That's what I figured when I heard the BEE speaks at the end: TRANSFORMERS have a natural healing ability and with something as sensitive as a 'voicebox' (with lots of circuits!), it takes a while for things to 'knit'.

4. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    it is indeed Devastator.

5. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    Yes, tis Devastator in the subtitles.

Am I the only one who liked Frenzy? I really did... He was adorable. Evil little bugger but adorable!

6. brothersamuel40

brothersamuel40 Mmm... munchies

Frenzy SWEARS??

:D 

7. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    Sort of... He has a garbled mix of English and Cybertronian, and you -know- he's cussing at some point. He flipped someone off once.

Primus, he was so CUTE!

8. noel0leon

noel0leon New Zealand TF fan

yeah frenzy swears, it is a hilarious evil bot...
    methinks its a homage to waspinator

didn´t spike swear in the G1 movie...

i pretty much agree with everything SSNZ just posted up... it was sooo awesome..
    have to watch that again..

oh by the way.. im a newbie to twf2005 forums (but not to the whole TF scene)..... so yeah, HI

9. Blackstarninja

Blackstarninja Member

Oh yeah it was aweosme .

I hated the M.Bay designs and I still dont like the lips and beak prime has but it worked for this movie well .
    And the fact the transformers can scan any vehicle and then have that as their alt mode tells me that a flat nose truck prime may be in the sequel , all he would do is scan a new truck .

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    HI!

:thumb 

11. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    And be shrimpy. I mean really, if that's what you want, sure... :) 

Frenzy rocked!!

12. 0JazzMeister0

0JazzMeister0 Autobot Jo

News Credits:
    Aw c'mon, the whole Prime as a flat-nose = :horse: 

It really wouldn't suit him in the Movie, trust me. He'd be far too short, especially with no trailer attached to him. The long-nose suits this version of Prime just fine.

13. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

He's not even in the credits, since he has no real English lines.

14. Starscream NZ

News Credits:
    Well, at the final scene with Frenzy (who yes, was incredibly awesome, definately one of the standouts of the movie), when he slices most of his head off, he seems to say 'oh shit' before collapsing, it seemed pretty obvious to me, and the rest of the audience seemed to pick up on it.

I can't wait to see the movie again :D 

15. tehCal

tehCal wherever you are i am not

Not necessarily just Cybertronian, as the film progresses he mixes in a few English words into his mumbling babble. For instance I definitely heard him say "Megatron" repeatedly, and when he defreezes Megatron after killing the Sector Seven technicians, he clearly says "Megatron melting" or "Megatron melty". And him saying "oh shit" as he died was goddamned hilarious.

And the only gripe I had with the movie is Barricade disappearing after the freeway chase.

Also my girlfriend picked up a bunch of continuity errors... for instance, when Bumblebee returns and Same freaks out and leaves his house, it's first thing in the morning (his dog barks and he says "it's too early for that, Mojo") but like five minutes later, when Barricade confronts him, it's night.

16. Starscream NZ

News Credits:

Yeah, you're right, although it's not really 'fluent' english - it's just words muttered amongst his other ramblings.

17. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    you sure that isn't just movie time?

18. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

Maybe he woke up in the afternoon, and has "morning" grogginess hence his grouchy attitude towards his dog. He did have a rough time the previous day. I'll look for more clues when I rewatch it again tonight.

19. tehCal

tehCal wherever you are i am not

As will I.