Transformers movie in different time period should be made

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Leather Elbows, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    Who thinks a Transformers movie set around the industurial revolution would be awesome. It would be new and fresh. Wasn't there a comic awhile back were the TF's were on Earth around WW2 or something? A 3rd party toy of Prime as a train was made :p 

It would be really cool to see. Got the idea from that comic and the scene in ROTF were they show the old TF's hiding when they were looking for Jetfire

2. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

...the industrial revolution was mainly from 1750 to 1850, not the 90's.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    You mean Hearts of Steel?

The main problem with that is the fact all Transformers mass media, in SOME form, needs to support a connected toyline. This is especially true of the Movies. Hearts of Steel doesn't have nearly as much in it design wise to support a toyline. Yesh, Steam Engine Prime and Ironclad Shockwave are cool and all, but the problem is that the majority of the Autobots...turned into TRAIN CARS. Which makes their alt. modes next to useless without Prime or any other Autobot that can turn into a locomotive.

4. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Umm not really. To old

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I'd really love a TF film set during the Second World War, with the Autobots working with the Allied nations and the Cons working with the Axis. At the very least, we'd get some sweet toys out of the deal.

6. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

ww2 sence after g1 tf 's s2 opening [call starscream 's bridce ]

7. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

WW2 doesn't have cool exotic cars.

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    It had cool, exotic military vehicles.

9. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Late '30s-era Transformers I could actually get behind...I think Hasbro could probably build any accompanying toyline with modifications like pop-out cannons and snazzy hot-rod-type decos and the like to appease the kiddies who otherwise wouldn't care for old cars, and even throw in Cybertronian modes for those Decepticons who have complete contempt for the idea of having to disguise themselves as lowly Earth vehicles (heck, Megatron got away with two movies' worth of toys before taking an Earth-based alt-mode...).

Personally, though, I'd probably stay just shy of WWII in order to have a range of vehicles besides just military, and set it squarely in the fall of 1938...that way the writers could work in a big Autobot/Decepticon battle in New Jersey and have some Sector 7 types commandeer Orson Welles' Mercury Theater On The Air as a cover (not that that would be the first time in sci-fi movie history that little card's been pulled, but what the heck...).

10. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Way too oldschool :D 

11. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Battle of Los Angeles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

there's your WWII plot arc, complete with snazzy 30s automobiles.

-

12. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I would enjoy a Transformers movie set somewhere between the early 1960s to the mid 1980s. The only problem is that now you have spend more money from the budget to make everything look accurate to that time period. The movies already cost almost 200 million dollars to make when they're set in present day.

13. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

ww2 to movie opening centies to starscream find 5 ww2 war mechas
    star scream fight megatron
    buticus vs meansor

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

World War II would be a fun period for a Transformers film. It's an era that produced some really iconic planes, tanks, and other assorted goodies for the Transformers to use as an alt mode. In the chaos of war it wouldn't be that odd to see a tank rumble down the street of a little village somewhere.

World War II films can still do well because people seem to like that it's fairly clear cut about who are the good guys, who are the bad guys, and plenty of legitimate reasons for the good guys to be in the fight.

Plus the two things it seems to be always kosher to kill in movies are Nazis and zombies so maybe the Decepticons wouldn't have to take all of the beating from the Autobots and their human allies by themselves.

15. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Freaking this/these! I'd love a WWII-era Transformers film.

16. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

I'd support a Cold War based film, if only to see the SR-71 again. The Leader Jetfire figure was awesome but it needs an update. Ultra-sized Jetfire with kibble less SR-71 mode like Mindwipe and my life would be halfway complete.

17. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Required answer: Set it in 1984. Then the still-in-use-in-2012 F-15 would be 'new' then.

Set it is WWII & have all the Decepticons be Volkswagon made vehicles. Stick it to them.

18. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    That's sort of already been looked at: in ROTF, Simmons mentioned Project Black Knife, where he discovered several of the Seekers as antique vehicles hiding out on Earth (Seeker (ROTF) - Transformers Wiki).

Then there were the ROTF spin-off comics NEFARIOUS and SECTOR SEVEN (Transformers: Nefarious - Transformers Wiki, Transformers: Sector 7 - Transformers Wiki), which explored the Seekers on Earth in more detail: left by the Fallen to rust, they started fighting each other, and humans ended up getting caught in the conflict.

Perhaps the concept could work out as a prequel, or more likely a DVD-video accompaniment like the TRANSFORMERS: BEGINNINGS comic. It'd still be great to see though.

19. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    its going be set in 7 million BC

they will all be dinosaurs or some other form of beasts
    along with some cybertronian modes pre-formatting

bank on it

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Some neat concepts to add more to the film universe but I'd like to see them go full tilt with the concept. Something like Starscream with an alt mode of the Messerschmitt Me 262, Ironhide as an American Sherman tank, or Megatron as a Tiger II tank.