Transformers Movie HD-DVD copy write protection broken

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Super_Megatron, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
  2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :lol  I laugh every time I see one of these articles, mostly because they follow shortly after someone from the MPAA bloviates about how the latest protection scheme is unbreakable.

3. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    I must admit that with little kiddies, its nice to be able to make a backup copy of your stuff. Of course the makers want every last dime from your blood though.

4. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah it's a shame there's no language in the DMCA to cover backup copies, if memory serves.

5. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    Excellent. I hope that the 360 turnarounds will somehow make their way to the net

6. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    i love when the system is broken

7. Turbocharger

Turbocharger We should get more letter

Good, so now I can copy the movie from the DVD, compress it, and put it on my phone.

KICKIN' RAD!

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    But isn't it illegal to break that code and copy DVDs? We might as well talk about BitTorrent files...

9. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

How can this be news when HD-DVD encryption and Blu Ray were cracked like 4 months ago.

Only recently the new BD+ encryption was hacked like only a month after its debut.

When will companies realize they are fighting a losing battle with DRM and disc encryptions. There never has been and never will be an unbreakable encryption especially when in order to read the disc the system basically unlocks the disc.

There only chance is to never make a drive for pc 's so we end up with software play back that can be reversed engineered. Its so easy to crack these things because of stupid little back doors that really all they do is accomplish making the disc prices higher and spend more time and resources needlessly.

Then there is the fact it is my right as a consumer to make backups of the media I bought whether it is to another disc or stored into a digital jukebox in order to protect my initial investment when I bought the disc.

US copyright laws are structured in a way that the studios dont like because the copy right law sights that as a the owner of the purchased media you own your own set of rights to the material. You are allowed to do anything with it as you see fit with the exceptions of redistribution outside of your household or any attempt to make a profit off of said copies.

The only format that questions this is the Blu Ray BD+ which has an unfair and unseen users agreement which says by playing the disc you forfeit those rights and will never attempt any kind of reproduction of this material even if with in the legal limits of the law.

If Copying was illegal there would be no question that companies that make backup software would be shut down by law. There would also be no support in CD burners or DVD burners or HD format burners to even play these media

10. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    But that will never happen, cuz there are people who use these devices legally, like me! :)  My band Big City Thieves are distributing our demo CD's ourselves. I got 300 used CD jewel cases from my brother, and I did all the artwork, printing, and CD burning right in my home, and that is awesome, because we were able to do it cheap cheap cheap, and we were able to hand out the Demo's for free.
    I've seen other bands spit out pretty pennies to get their demo's done. Then they have to charge money for their demo's, and they miss out on a lot of fans getting their music.