Transformers Movie Games

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by reep15, Apr 30, 2012.

?

Favorite Movie Game

1. Transformers

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. Transformers Revenge of the Fallen

27 vote(s)
    79.4%
  3. Transformers Dark of the Moon

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  1. reep15

reep15 Well-Known Member

So I have been playing the movie games recently and I was wondering which one is your favorite? For me... they all have their prose and cons and each one feels extremely different.

1: I really like the free roam idea and blowing up buildings and things. Also loved the controls.

2: I like the way you can transform in mid air and so on. Fast paced game I think.

3: Good game although it lacked a lot! Like the War for Cybertron style though.

2. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The controls in the first one were pretty awful because of how the game relied heavily on picking up and throwing things, but the mechanic for picking things up was pretty much broken. Also guns were pretty much useless. It did look really nice graphically though.

DotM felt like what it was: a halfway complete game. I'm still kind of suprised they managed to make the WFC engine feel boring. Desperately needed more development time.

RotF is the best movie TF game, imo. It still has its problems with the repetitive campaign, but the core engine is suprisingly solid.

3. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    This ^

4. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    This^

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Those^

6. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

For me, Transformers Revenge of the Fallen is not just the best of the movie games. For me, its the best TF game there is and among the very best shooters of the last years. Seriously, the gameplay has a depth to it that can be compared to games like Starcraft and Unreal Tournament and its something really special. What makes me sad is that it was "just" a movie licsensed game. If it would have gotten the WFC treatment, ROTF would have become one of the BIG multiplayer shooters. Im certain of it.

7. Flaming Matrix

Flaming Matrix Murder claw master

I was going to choose ROTF, but then I remembered I played DOTM more and therefore got more enjoyment out of it.

Then I remembered that The only reason for that is because I couldn't find a game of ROTF anymore.

Man, I wish I could change my choice.

8. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

TF1. Best DS game I ever played. As DOTM was the only movie game I bought on console, I can only compare TF1 DS to ROTF DS.

The following is from a previous thread but with some changes.

In my opinion the the first movie tie in Decepticon DS game was pretty good. Out of the (I think 12) DS games I have, it is my favorite. I love the Open World Gaming and I also like its story. I love how the story takes the used to death Megatron VS Starscream and gives it meaning through a rookie who has to choose between his mentor, who every one says is a cowardly traitor or this dude who disappeared before he was hatched, that everyone says is a great leader.

It is easy to replay any mission and to play challenges or just drive around one of the four maps. I love driving around or starting a fight with the humans in the Tranquility Map which is pretty big. Also, when you complete all the story missions, you unlock all Decepticons for free play so you're not just your own character.

It also has my favorite Starscream and one of only two I ever liked (the only other one being in Cybertron). Also it's portrayal of Megatron is brilliant. Truly evil and has an equally brilliant performance from Frank Welker. The other Decepticons are handled quite well too.

bad stuff is that the graphics almost look like an 8 bit game, the cuatscenes don't look very good and the AI are simple and IMO, it's harder to fight Jazz than Optimus Prime. Also the steering for the vehicles is terrible and while the story is good, it doesn't have much to do with the film.

9. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I absolutely love the ROTF game. It seemed a lot more transformers like then WFC. Don't get me wrong WFC is a fantastic game. But it feels more like a shooter. But with ROTF you get to use transformations as attacks. Which is one key thing I wanted from a TF game and that you can take Autobots and Decepticons to the same environments.

10. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    I just got rotf and i played dotm and tftg previously. LOVING rotf the most!

11. PRIMEMAN3457

PRIMEMAN3457 Leader

News Credits:
    I got the first on Wii and ROTF on Xbox 360.

First Movie game on the Wii sucks clearly. Graphics are terrible, and the controls are absolutely...ugh, can't find the word for it. You have to CONTROL the camera when you're in robot mode or else the camera will go up to their butt. (It's what happens to me, so I stay in vehicle mode)

As for ROTF on the xbox, I actually think it's a good game. But that's obvious.

12. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    It's better than the ROTF game for Wii. That is by far the worst TF game period.

13. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I remember people not quite liking that you had to hold a button to stay transformed, but that was one of the cool things about the RotF attack system, imo. Transformation was pretty much a spring loaded attack that you could unleash.

14. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    I enjoyed ROTF and DOTM. The first movie game is absolute trash, though.

15. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    ROTF was a fucking masterpiece, save the repetitive campaign. The multiplayer, the awesome DLC pack, and the core gameplay were all crafted by deities that are no longer with us.

I MISS YOU LUXOFLUX

16. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dark of the Moon was the best game in my opinion. That engine is just right way to play the franchise. Revenge was decent.

17. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

Seems to me that if you like ROTF, you REALLY like it.

18. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DOTM. never played ROTF.

19. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    ROTF, DOTM comes in second.

20. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I loved ROTF. Kicked so much butt online. DOTM was ok. It's more of a waterdown WFC. Online was fun too. But ROTF had the best TF DLC pack ever IMO.