Transformers Movie DVD (1986) news:

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Halo, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Halo

Halo Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just an FYI for everyone here, the 20th Anniversary edition "Transformers: The Movie" the animated one from 1986, has been taken out of print as of October 2008. According to my work sources (Suncoast/FYE) there will be a new re-mastered version of the movie with 7.1 surround sound for a new released edition as well as a Region "A" Blu-Ray edition that will hold the current 1080p standards. A release date nor any more information has been released, but I expect more news as Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen gets closer and closer. I can't wait for the Blu-Ray edition.

Don't forget, US region Blu-Ray players are Region "A" just like in Japan. Remember, these are things I've kind of come across with through work and may change through the course of the year until I actually see a UPC code or such in our systems.

2. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    not suprised. 20th anniversary was '06 for the movie, but next year is the 25th for the whole franchise. I figure we should see the movie, as well as more season boxed sets starting in 09. I fully expect G1, BW, BM, etc...

Afterall, they've already done (or are doing) animated, cybertron, and energon. No I'm not counting the Kid Rhino releases from years past.