Transformers Movie (2007) Jazz Toy - lame?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by indecks, May 26, 2007.

1. indecks

indecks Banned

No this isn't a flame thread for Jazz, I love the guy (old and new) but I just got the new Jazz today, and I have to say I am very disappointed with his upper body. The legs look great, they're beefy, have tight joints (and many of them) and everything but the upper body is so cheap, it was very upsetting.

His shoulders/elbows can't twist, so his arms are stuck in a single position while you can change their angle. And the FOREARMS! Oh my they are just two very thin pieces of plastic, and because of the way they are designed, its almost impossible for him to hold his weapon the correct way!

Its just upsetting because I spent $10 on him (dont have a lot of cash on me at the mo) and hes just so cheaply made for such an awesome character, and such a cool looking 2007 Movie robot mode.

Are any others like this? I could only find Wreckage, Brawl and Scorponok at Wal-Mart today, and they did have a nice big Optimus Prime, but I couldn't afford him just yet.

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I agree completely on Jazz... I love the figure, but I hate it too... how did they get so much right, and then go so wrong on the arms?

I have some of the others... Brawl has a minor issue where his arms are on hinges, but they won't stay pegged into his body securely. It's easy to sort of fix this by folding a couple of pieces over the hinges to keep them in place, but also some nail polish in the joint works wonders. Other than that, I really quite like Brawl.

Wreckage is good stuff. Solid in both modes. His arms don't have a rotating joint above or below the elbow, but because his shoulders can rotate forward, he still ends up with a pretty good range of poses for his arms.

Bumblebee is pretty good except for his legs... I find his feet to be monstrously large and awkward, and his car windows prevent his knees from bending too much. I like to flip his legs around backwards though... looks better that way.

Also, his spring-loaded "automorph" gimmick is a bit touchy. Sometimes it doesn't work, other times you barely nudge the car, and it snaps open.

So yeah... they all have some minor issues, but Jazz's arms I think are the most frustrating of the bunch.

zmog

3. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    I feel the same way about Jazz except I figured the reason why he's like that IS because he was only a $10 figure. It's worth the $10 to me, but not anymore than that. Another gripe I do have is the lack of lower "ab" body just like Barricade. Don't have any other deluxes to compare it to so I can't speak personally about the rest.

4. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

Can't wait for Revoltech Jazz. Really, they should have been able to do better though.

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i don't have it yet, but i think it looks really cool.

6. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Good thinking, I think Revoltech Jazz's hands would probably be great for Dlx Jazz!

7. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ah, you are right. I didn't think of Robot replica, and that means I have something else to look forward to :) 

I am very happy with my deluxe Jazz, though. The arms are weak, but still posable.

8. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    He's not cheaply made, he's weirdly made.

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank goodness for this thread as I was just thinking of getting him today. Kinda of disappointed to read about the problems.

10. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm not a big fan of the arms either, but I won't hate him for it. I'm kinda happy about it just because they tried something a little different.

11. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

i got mine and im perfectly happy with it.

12. DVD

DVD Well-Known Member

As I posted in the Feedback thread, it's not that I'm not happy with him, but he just doesn't seem all there. Har har. I mean, compare him to Cybertron Hotshot or almost any of the deluxes from the AEC Trilogy. He just doesn't seem as solid as them. Not that that's a bad thing, just different. I know he's got a realistic alt mode, which is a *huge* plus, but you think the arms could have been made a tad better. *shrugs* Oh well. *goes back to having Swindle chase Jazz around some more*

13. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
  14. DVD

DVD Well-Known Member

I have Alt. Jazz. In fact, I bought most of the alts, but now I don't know why. They take forever to transform, pieces fall off or get stressed...just not worth it. I'll be selling all of them(except maybe Smokescreen) to help pay for Movie toys.

15. dgblast5

dgblast5 Well-Known Member

^If you're serious, PM me about Alternators Jazz if you're selling.

As for the topic, I still think Movie Jazz is worth picking up.

16. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I bought Jazz, along with Wreckage and Barricade. I'm seriously underwhelmed with all 3. Jazz's head also looks like Fred the Bunny from Donny Darko. That's just not right.

17. lester_ninja

lester_ninja Member

I have barricade, jazz and brawl..

Jazz is the best of the 3. I love this figure, even more than my ratchet. I've come to terms with the arms. It's hard to imagine how they couldve designed anything better. Unless they made the hand/wrist pieces a little more substantial so they would fill the gap between the 2 plates better. If that was the case he'd have fairly large pits in the torso piece on each side of his head.

18. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Jazz is alright...my least favorite Movie toy thus far and that includes Scorponok. The upper body kills the toy completely.

19. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you think they will come out with a Voyager version of him, like they have for Ratchet & Ironhide?

I want to buy Ratchet & Ironhide, just debating still ....

20. knyghtmare2021

knyghtmare2021 The Goddamn Knyghtmare

News Credits:
    Quick question about Jazz.. is there a hollow space under the hood halves in car mode?