2D Artwork: Transformers Mosaic: "Rememberances."

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by TF Mosaic, Aug 9, 2010.

1. TF Mosaic

TF Mosaic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:
    [​IMG]

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted. These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love. No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

For all Transformers news / updates / information, click here

Transformers Mosaic FAQ, click here

REMEMBERANCES
    Story:
    Franco Villa M3Gr1ml0ck on deviantART

Art:
    Tomoko sakuranez on deviantART

Edits:
    Zac DeBoard JustynnBailey on deviantART

Special thanks to:
    Peter Istyle I-SithLord on deviantART
    Gianluca Gamba JazzLuca on deviantART
    Davide "Red Alert" of Transformers

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    :lolol 

3. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

:lol  at the end. "I'm Sludge, not Grimlock!"

I really like the art and the use of colors in this piece. Very nice.

4. Hype1

Hype1 D Witwicky biographer

lmbo, that was excellent...i was thinking "Grimlock" was about to complain about Kup's war stories or something, until finding out it wasn't actually Grims anyway, lol

5. M3Gr1ml0ck

M3Gr1ml0ck Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  6. Optimus-wave

Optimus-wave A.K.A. Omega-Wave

:lol : that was hilarious, i love the idea of kup just talking without realizing who he's talkign to haha

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really like the artwork on this one, and the story is really nice too!

Just a few very minor things I noticed:"

It's "shortsightedness".

Also, Kup's dialogue seems a bit too prim and proper to suit his character. I'm almost nearly as inclined to say the same about Sludge, but on the other hand the G1 cartoon is so ingrained in me that I want the Dinobots to always sound stupid (especially Sludge). I know the "comic" Dinobots are slightly different characters, so I'm trying to look over my own biases here. That being said, I'd think that Sludge's dialogue would need to be trimmed some too.

Those two observances are certainly not enough to deter my enjoyment from this one :thumb 

8. M3Gr1ml0ck

News Credits:
    Yeah, but these are War Within characters: actually, it's a direct nod to The Dark Ages, where Kup makes a very similar speech to Grimlock. :) 

9. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Sure, but my post is referencing the actual diction and the way the dialogue is crafted. It's not the content of what's said I'm referring to, it's how it's said :wink: 

10. M3Gr1ml0ck

News Credits:
    I get it, but my point is simply that the WW Dyno-bots (or their evolutions, seen in Maximum Dbnobots) are not stupid (on the contrary, they are quite clever and able to articulate complex speeches).

11. M3Gr1ml0ck

News Credits:
    Ops, yes, that I have to fix: thanks.

By the way, we're going to have a different version for the Seeds project, featuring Sludge in robotic mode.

12. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Yeah, I get that (and even commented on the difference of characters), but he still sounds way too smart. In fact, both he and Kup sound like their intelligence rank is 8-10, or something.

That sounds awesome!

13. M3Gr1ml0ck

News Credits:
    "Behind the scenes" notes.

Panel 1.
    Kup, at a lunar spaceport, making a speech about the destiny of the Transformers, is a sequence taken from War Within: The Dark Ages. In that miniseries, his interlocutor really was Grimlock; but it seems that Kup likes to repeat himself.

Panel 2. The aliens are Mechannibals! (from G1 Marvel US comics by Bob Budiansky)

Panel 2. Kup is backed up by Inferno (based on the character seen in Spotlight Blaster).

Panel 2. This is a Liberation Mission going on. More details in page 7 of SoD: Sentinel Prime

Panel 4. The history/fate of the cybertronian moons and their technorganic population is told in SoD: Paradise Lost.

Panel 4. The other mech is Cyclonus, from Spotlight: Cyclonus.

Panel 6. Kup is also "Professor Kup", in Indiana Jones style. More about this in the upcoming SoD: Jetfire/Grimlock comic.

Panel 6. Wheeljack and Ironhide will follow Kup in the Lightning Strike Coalition (War Within vol 1.).

Panel 6. "Floron", from Floro Dery, is one of the fallen Decepticon leaders honored in the Decepticon Hall of Heroes from TFTM86.

Panel 6. The idol in Kup's hand is a Haniwa statuette, often used in mangas for comedical purposes. (We thank Tomoko for this idea!)

Panel 7. The concept of Kup rejecting technological upgrades comes from Spotlight: Kup by Nick Roche.

Panel 7. Dino-Sludge with the nerve-throb is Tomoko's idea. A more in continuity War Within robotic Sludge will follow.

Panel 7. If Kup lived the age of Nova Prime, how comes that he never told Optimus Prime anything about that (forcing Optimus to ask Omega Supreme for information, in Spotlight: Optimus Prime) ?
    The answer is that he just couldn't remember a thing of that age :D 

14. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

Classic!

lol

15. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Yeah!

Also, I quoted M3 here simply to say that one of the reasons I love having the creators post and be involved with the community here is that we get theses sorts of things straight from him. It really makes me excited about our own Seeds of Deception gallery :D