2D Artwork: Transformers Mosaic: "Cybertronian Rites"

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by TF Mosaic, Apr 9, 2008.

1. TF Mosaic

TF Mosaic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Universe of the Transformers is vast, and populated by many characters. Their universe is a large tapestry, made up of the stories and points of view of countless experiences that serve the larger whole.

These are some of those stories. This is:
    [​IMG]

It should be noted that while this project has been recognized by IDW Publishing and Hasbro, none of the works presented have been commissioned or solicited by either company. The stories are not official canon, except where noted.
    These stories are the result of Transformers enthusiasts taking the time out of their busy days to contribute to a universe they love.
    No one has been paid for the production of these stories.

[​IMG]

“Cybertronian Rites” Story Damien Ghela | Art Cory “JetstreamX” Holmes | Colors Claudia “Plantman Exe” Barrales | Letters Carlos “Synapse” Oliveros

2. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, now this is awesome. Would love to see some more movie-verse stuff.

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    cool premise, even if it doesnt make sense.

4. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    waht doesnt make sense about it? makes perfect sense to me!

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    i dunno. i just dont think ops should care for megs him being his sworn enemy and all. but thats just opinion.

6. Kthardin

Kthardin Well-Known Member

Then, at the risk of stating an opinion as fact, you don't know who Optimus Prime is.

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    what? you went to school with him or something? please.

in official lore, only time ops has given the enemy leader recognition in death was scorponok in the US marvel comics, and even then scorp was on the same side in the fight against unicron.

while plausible, i dont think its unfair for me to say that seems uncharacteristic of prime to do.

8. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Damm, this one has become one of my favourites, next to "Silent Dance".

9. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah, but we don't have a lot of Movie-verse canon to go on--based solely on the "brother" line, it seems possible this could be expected from Movie Prime.

Also, lols at "went to school with him."

10. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If I remember right there was another movie-verse mosaic with Prime and Megs arguing about the use of the all spark.

I saw Prime's act as honoring the memory of the bot his brother was before he started the war on Cybertron for the allspark.

11. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree with KA. It is a cool premise, but I don't think Movie Prime would risk Megatron coming back to life. Just doesn't seem to fit his MO from the first movie.

12. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    ka - this is based on the movie remember, they made it pretty clear at the end what prime's feelings about megatron were, i reckon this piece fits in perfectly with that

13. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Rereading it again, the impression I get is that Prime is honoring a code not so different than "No man left behind." Even though they were enemies, they're both Cybertronians, all of whom deserve a proper burial on Cybertron.

14. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Pretty interesting idea, though now I can't shake the image of Prime seeing a submarine coming over, and him transforming into vehicle mode to hide from it.

15. Jetstreamx

Jetstreamx Lord Jettington

Cause nobody would suspect a semi in a marine environment as being out of the ordinary. ;) 

16. Kthardin

Kthardin Well-Known Member

Actually I did. I suspect quite a number here that frequent this site did as well. A great deal of us grew up with him, looked up to him, and wanted to be like him in some form or another.

So yeah, I think I can say I know the guy. He has honor and compassion, even for his enemies. He fights with honor, and even kills...perhaps even in ways some would consider in cold blood. He does this because one day he believes that it won't be necessary for either Autobot or Decepticon. Still, he would never torture someone, he would never disrespect the fallen no matter how vile, and with his depth of understanding...some would even go so far as to say compassion, he would even be moved to acts of mercy towards someone who may well one day destroy him depending on the situation. Honoring the fallen...especially one whom he probably understands nearly as much as himself, is well within his character...even if that one was Megatron himself. And he would do what it took to uphold those ideals...no matter the cost.

This is Optimus Prime as I grew up with him. In both word and deed, he's a hero in every way. Something we all need more of desperately...something I know I could never hope to be, but still I reach.

So yeah, again, at the risk of stating an opinion as fact, I could very well see him acting in this manner. Courage, compassion, honor...these are words that describe certain qualities of an individual. While some people possess them, Optimus Prime IS them.

Which is not to say he's not capable of fear and anger and hate, but they will always be tempered by those very qualities aforementioned that are embodied as Optimus Prime.

That's Optimus Prime as I know him. How do you know him, I wonder?

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'm going to side with KA on this one. The Mosaic is great, but it makes no sense. Besides, wouldn't the pressure have destroyed both of them? And why would Prime care about Megs being left dead on foriegn soil? Optimus Prime is noble, but his whole goal is protection of life, so why show any respect for the one who has fought so hard to destory it all. If there's one thing I know about Prime, it's that he and Megatron are enemies, hated rivals and bitter nemisis'.

Great mosaic, but I doubt Prime would go out of his way, risk his life and trust with the humans to bring back the body of the guy he tried to kill.

:lol 

18. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

This is a series based on ideas, not to be held cannon, Whether we wish to or not. Sometimes they work, some don't. It's still fanfiction boy and girls, let's not make this a flamefest.

As for this one: I get it, Wether it's likely or not shouldn't be a major concern.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Maybe so, but that's no reason not to discuss it. We can choose to voice out opinions on it. That's like saying we shouldn't critique the toys because "they're just toys, they're not real" or something like that. (obviously not that example, because that doesn't make a whole lotta sense, but you get my point)

Just because it's not cannon, doesn't mean we can't critique it. It is somebodies idea that they wanted to share and so we expressed wether or not we agreed with that idea.

And it's not a flamefest, it's discussing. Only when people start getting rude and/or start namecalling does it become a flamefest.

20. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    as well as a 33 year old guy who was there from the start collecting toys, books, both US n UK comics then can I guess. no less than you surely.

relax. why so serious?