Transformers More than Meets the Eye #12 Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Peaugh, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, it might set a precedent for realistic depiction of caring, supportive relationships in Transformers fiction! Perish the thought!

Let me guess, you'd be completely fine with this if it were Chromedome and, say, Arcee?

2. D307

D307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *Wildspeculationtime* I have a feeling that the person on the other side of that door talking to Chromedome is an Autobot impersonator. On top of that I think that Dominus Ambus and our buddy in the basement are gonna be connected some way.

3. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lolol 

Darth Goofy!!! hyuk!

you are probably right, this is the only fandom i pay attention to...

Wouldnt be suprised if Dominus ended up being Agent 317 (whatever the number is, the sleeper in the DJD?)

4. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Well technically IDW Arcee is also a "dude".

Even though genders don't exist in the transformers race.

Seriously why is everybody fine with say the Asari which are pretty much like the transformers as they don't have gender,but they all look like hot blue alien chicks that can fuck anything so it's ok, but we NEED to have female transformers because having two robots have an alien version of a relationship is TEH GAY!

Double standards much?

5. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers have been depicted as 'just friends' since their creation, but that has never stopped the freaks of the internet writing about, and drawing, them in totally messed up ways. Seriously, never taken a look around tumblr or deviantart? Some people on there have issues.

But these are robots. Genderless robots. Admittedly, how much the Transformers are sexualized varies between continuities (G1 and Animated seem fine with some simplified male bot/female bot romance, although it never crosses 'affection'. IDW states there are no, or few, female personalities), and we refer to most of them as 'male', but no robot is going to unbolt his crotch panel and upload his C:/-mem into another robot's exhaust pipe. Or whatever.

So with that in mind, why would exploring the bonds they share be a bad thing? Even if you somehow oppose to same-sex relationships, or don't really need it in what is at heart a children's franchise - this is a really safe portrayal of a relationship, handled careful and tasteful.
    These are still living beings with feelings. They form friendships. They enjoy things. They hate things. They have political agendas. They care so much about the world they live in that they end up in a millennia long war!

To reject the notion of them forming any form of lasting bond other than camaraderie in war would be a disservice to this franchise and its characters. You will be the same as the people who don't 'get' Transformers. Who insist that it's a silly property, simply because 'robots can't have feelings'.

They are characters, not just machines.

But ah well, why does it even matter. You don't like the book, okay. I get that - you can never please everyone. But I also feel you just don't get the book. Yet you keep coming back after reading every issue - sometimes just reading the summary on TFWiki- and simply complain that it's stupid. Never an insightful reason why - heck, I would have no problems with anyone disliking, hating even, this book, or that show, or whatever I like and you don't.

It's just that you and that other guy are stubborn jerks about it. All. The. Time. You both keep screaming your highly irrational opinions through the threads, like Westboro Church protesters at an inappropriate venue. Holding signs that read 'I HATE THIS WIKI SUMMARY' and 'SEASON 1 OR BUST'.
    I'd love to discuss, but there's no discussing with you two. One of you simply doesn't get it, the other one has problems accepting anything Transformers that was made in 27 of the 28 years the franchise officially exists.

TL;DR: I know I am a huge douche, but what are you, twelve?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  6. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think we should realize TFs don't have gender since they don't reproduce sexually.

7. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Conjunx Endura

Conjunx Endura

Conjunx Endura

Must resist urge to troll...must resist urge to troll... *whew* Ok, urge resisted. :wink: 

But seriously, James Roberts has balls the size of Bayverse Devastator's. Putting this kind of depth into TF relationships is something I NEVER thought I would see. EVER. I could barely even focus on the rest of the issue after reading that. Mad respect for that man.

CANON M-M TF RELATIONSHIP. :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay 

Wow. I was not expecting this reaction. Guys, I'm impressed. Seriously. I really expected to see nonstop homophobic ew-feelings-are-icky fanboy tantrums over this. It's pleasantly surprising to know that there can be at least a little intelligent reaction to the idea of TFs having meaningful love relationships (of some kind).

So, now that this concept is canon, can we please back off on all the fangirl bashing that goes on in this fandom? PLEASE?

8. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    NO! Fangirls are icky and they should go swoon about Starscream somewhere else!!

:lol 

9. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Or basically what Digilaut and PredaconElder said. A lot of you- well, some anyways- need to unwind your panties. So Cromedome and Rewind love each other- possibly romantically, who knows, it's not been /really/ confirmed yet other than the Latin. (Which is pretty good, I will admit.) Stop screaming about it, what do you care? It's not a children's series. It's for teens and adults, it's a beautiful relationship, and in a lot of people's opinions it's a huge step forward. Let it happen, don't scare IDW into reversing this.

Also: Roberts, if you're reading this, I'd like to take a moment to say that I'm entirely convinced that you feed on our suffering. Don't ever stop.

10. humblebot

humblebot Well-Known Member

Not with digilaut around.

cuz cheesecake of females in comics is fine, but some chicks liking male characters is TOTALLY MESSED UP.

Which is funny, because most of the creators have 0 problem with it and generally enjoy the fact people like their comic enough to draw slash of it even if they have no interest.

I aint even mad I'm just entertained that there's been something irrefutable in canon.

11. Wadeledge

Wadeledge Wrecker

You mean like your reaction?

It's only an issue if you make it an issue.

12. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    What nasty? It's awesome. Sure there might be a little backlash, but in the end it's great. And it's not like people weren't shipping them beforehand, so having it canon is sweet.

13. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Whenever I loose hope in the transformers fandom I come to the local MTMTE thread and suddenly there is hope...and lots of it.

14. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Not just singling out this post, but seriously, what is the big deal? There is no sexuality in TF. There are no physical relationships. There is nothing sexual in this race.

I think all the overreaction "homophobia" is just weird, but man, all the overreacton from the other side is equally WTF. They are two bots who care about each other, as much as any two best friends could. The term "SO" for this race is obviously so goddamned different from all the connotative implications it has for humanity. What else was the writer supposed to refer to it as?

There is no middle ground with this fandom at all. Christ.

15. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes.

16. GogDog

News Credits:
    You can't even read a single thread anymore without people forcing sexuality into it.

17. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

With all this Conjunx Endura stuff being thrown around, I'm really hoping Rodimus' crew runs into those female Autobots from G1 s2... or at least the Paradron medic, the Lost Light crew seems like they need to release... something.

This highlights one of the problems I have with Roberts writing. First of all Tailgate's function is scout, not bomb disposal expert. Secondly, Tracks is the gay robot. If Roberts wanted to have an alternative relationship in his book he should have used the right robots. I never got a homosexual vibe from Chromedome. Rewind...? Well, I don't know him well enough to say.

18. GogDog

News Credits:
    As long as you keep buying the comics and giving them your money, it's fine. :)  Bitch allllll you want. Even though we all know this is a parody troll account.

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    They don't exist in this series.

He's been bomb disposal since he appeared in the IDW universe. He was given a new spin. Deal with it.

*sigh*

"Homosexual vibe"? That's... guh. Just stop.

They are genderless robots, aside from Arcee. They are just robots. Because of that, there is no "homosexual" relationship here, just two robots who care about each other a lot.

and you know what? They're not the only ones. This kind of relationship would be the norm in this version of Transformers, since they're all genderless. Feel free to interpret that as "IDW made everyone gay", since you can't wrap your head around "genderless relationships".

20. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Come on, you know as good as anyone how much homophobia and overall asshole-itude there is in this fandom. Even suggesting that any kind of emotional connection exists between two TFs will get you bashed and labeled a "freak". James has been pushing the emotional angle hard all the way through MTMTE, and now he's taken it even further. James has validated every shipper (and basically anyone who ever believed TFs are more than just angry machines), and given the finger to every fanboy who thinks TFs should be about nothing but war and blood and explosions. You better believe we're going to be popping some champagne corks. :) 

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012