Transformers More than Meets the Eye #12 Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Peaugh, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    here here!
    Dear Primus! Cyclonus is so amazingly B.A.! we get more of Chromedome & Rewinds past, Tailgate continues to be awesome and Whirl continues to be crazy! (months ago someone said to read him like it was Roberto from Futurama....they're right!)

2. gregles

gregles quintesson

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask but dose anyone know if the physical copy of this is out in the uk at the moment? as it wasn't at my favourite comic book shops today. I'm absolutely dying to read it and paid bus fare to try and get it. just checked ebay and only us sellers. I'm tempted to try online comic's but I know I will be more inclined to obsessively re-read this comic which roberts comics require to fully enjoy so I really want a physical copy. Thanks everyone for spoiler tags, the overpowering urge to read them is driving me a bit mad.

3. SenatorRatbat

SenatorRatbat Well-Known Member

Wonder who the bot behind the door was? I'm guessing it was whoever took the data slug from Rung's body.

4. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    According to James on Twitter, there's been a shipping issue and it's arrival into the UK has been delayed.

5. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    The shipment to the UK of MTMTE #12 was delayed, hopefully it should be out here first week of January. In the meantime, your best bet is probably to pick it up digitally.

Link

6. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, there's some harbor strike going on I think, preventing comics from getting shipped in time. I believe they should ship sometime early January.

7. gregles

gregles quintesson

damn the UK being a stupid island, seriously its rubbish here we can't even get seasons of beast wars or prime on dvd here and the whether sucks too, sorry rant over. Thanks for the information your a good'n. Looks like I'm going to have to sit this one out for a while. Dammit I'm jelous

8. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

We had the same thought at almost the same time. This tells me that a lot more readers share the same sentiment.

thank you clearing that up. It's a waste of space though, Roberts could have used the real Blot.

9. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Blot's over on Cybertron in RID.

Or rather, he was, as he's dead now.

10. Wadeledge

Wadeledge Wrecker

No just you two. Most people aren't so negative about this series.
    Blot is on Cybertron I believe. Didn't Arcee kill him in RiD?

This was a great issue, really, really, superb.

Whoever does the articles on TFWiki is gonna have a hell of a time picking out all the background characters.

11. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Wow fantastic issue as usual!

Loved how Roberts managed to pack in so much stuff into one issue like he usually does.

Some of the highlights for me:
    1. Greater insights into Chromedome and Rewind's "relationship" - I understand that Roberts has paired up characters a lot and by doing so done a lot of character development for them, since his earliest work that I've ever read in Eugenesis, but wow, this issue definitely took it to another level.

2. Cyclonus and Tailgate - that last part between them was just so touching. Cyclonus has definitely become one of my favorites here in MTMTE. In a way he really reminds me of Dinobot from BW.

3. Whirl - wow, what an ass, just when you think there's hope for the guy yet, he does what he does. Interested to see where Roberts will take this conflict between Cyclonus and Whirl in the future, especially since it definitely looks like they'll end up killing each other one way or another.

12. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

Dead?!

It looks like there is a movement to make the Decepts as soft as tin-foil. Is Overlord the only 'con allowed to kill Autobots? Those Smelting Pools need to be reopened ASAP!

13. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Nothing to clear up. Blip has been mentioned once or twice before in previous issues and now he's shown. Obviously, he's related to Blot. Thus the body type and similar leaking

14. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    You are correct sir! Since it's been shown Dinobot will not be re-used in a different continuity (something I have ZERO problem with) It's nice to see that character archtype used elsewhere. and there is a very brief scene of cyclonus from the G1 cartoon in 'The rebirth' that I channel to hear him.

And guys, stop responding to 1984Forever, thats just Roberts trolling us to get us to swing to the positive view of the book.....and James, we don't need help to acknowledge you are awesome!

15. Kraken

News Credits:
    I'm disappointed we didn't get to hear him proclaim himself as The Dark Assassin, or The Devourer of Souls before he bought the big one!

16. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I'm in the U.K. and I read it it on Comixology. Its only because you choose not to do so that you're missing out. Best to get it on Comixology today so you can read the story then buy the physical copy in the new year for your collection.

1984Forever cares not for continuiity!

I'm thinking the script intended it to be Blot then a quick color change was in order after it was discovered Blot was supposed to be on Cybertron.

17. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I dont even think of them as z-listers. To me, these are just as interesting and important as the ark guys back in 84. New Ark crew.

Soooo much win in this issue its unbelievable. it truly is.

EDIT:: also, I don't think they're dead. Rodimus said they arrested a bunch of cons-I'd say they were incapacitated, not killed

18. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

It sounds like you have a Conjunx Endura with the author of this book that is called Transformers, but is not really Transformers IMO.

19. Kraken

News Credits:
    That's my theory too, but I don't think anyone's going to admit to it ;)  It works well though since no one knows what the hell Blot's alt-mode is supposed to be, he could tell everyone that it's a Sparkeater!

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cheese and crackers, if the pair of you represent that many people, and you think of all the diehard MTMTE fans on this forum, that is a lot of goddamn MTMTE fans.

Actually I'm just surprised you admitted to caring (slightly) about Chromedome. In effect, you placed a 1987 character above a 1986 character. Whoa.

Anyway, gah what a good issue.

Hold on, one more thing to say to 1984forever (sorry)

Uh...the Autobots don't want to fix Cyclonus, and Cyclonus won't seek out (cosmetic) fixing. How has this escaped you? Swerve on the other hand socializes with a medic, so, not surprising that when the life-threatening injuries are taken care of he'll be restored promptly.

Actually, the biggest mystery of the issue is why Cyclonus hopped on the ship at all, unless he already was at the point of caring that much about Tailgate.

Ok, ONE more (sorry! This one's to Sideswipe)

Because they are one. They even used the term "significant other" in this issue.

Ok, now more for my general impressions. Which would be, NICE.

I can't believe they made Swerve's face getting shot off funny. How is his aim THAT bad?

I really like that Whirl was a bastard and a hero in this issue. He has a history of doing baaaaad shit but then having a guilt trip about it. Considering Cyclonus threatened his life, hard to blame him for doing what he does...except for Rewind, of course. But then he tries to make up for it. I'm not sure he will ever be (or that I'd want him to be) "caught" for this. I'm really liking that Whirl is mad, bad, dangerous, but Autobot...that in SOME ways he's more noble than Cyclonus, but in OTHER ways it's the other way around. Also I like how he was acting like Hudson from ALIENS in the shuttle.

Rewind's backstory was uh, really cool, and nice to get. The character model of Dominus is kind of ridiculous though. Wonder how they got separated? And what the FRAK is up with Luna 1? Crack thought: Dominus is Tarn.

I want Universe Overkill now. Dammit.

As usual this story has not enough Rodimus. But hard to complain when these lower-decks bots are SO compelling.

Not sure what I think of the "pseudo-Terrorcons." I'm ok with Blip-Blot, but mentioning "Hun-Gar" is pushing it. Maybe it's a reference to all the ways Hun-Grr's name has been spelled?

I'm guessing that it was Brainstorm talking to Chromedome. Why? Well, before I even realized it was a "mystery" I thought it sounded like the way Brainstorm talks to Chromedome...Chromedome being Brainstorm's only friend, but not being Chromedome's BEST friend, they have a certain dynamic. Plus, he's creepy and nuts, and he was mentioned a lot this issue without being shown. And who knows, briefcase and Overlord could be connected.

I had a thought of how weird it is that the Cybertronians use humanoids in a bioreactor. What a terrible idea! Much easier to use bacteria. But then I thought, they are giant robots who don't give organics much thought. Maybe they don't know bacteria, or enough about them to farm them. Of course, apparently they can shrink...

I LOVE the gag of Rodimus primarily being concerned with "heroes" Spoke and Lockstock, but we don't know who they are and we don't know what they did!

I really love the hint in this issue that First Aid is an incredible stoic. Spark jumping gives Chromedome agony, but First Aid acted like it was no big deal at all back at Delphi.

Every Atomizer cameo makes me smile.