Transformers More than Meets the Eye #11 Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Wadeledge, Nov 21, 2012.

1. ReggaeTron

ReggaeTron New Member

Have them rewrite TF4 and give them the rights for any future TF film.

2. dunerunner123

dunerunner123 Optipottamus prime

My overall reaction to the last page... ahem

"AAAAAAAAOOOOOHHAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAHOLY.....SHIT! OH MY GOD HOLY SHITBALLS. FFFFFFFFUCK"

Most
    Shocking
    ending ever

Humor wise it was great as always. Although it feels like most of it was used up in the first few pages. then again Windcharger was absolutely hilarious in this.

Also Ironfist... NNNNFFFGGGG

And since I am finding Mtmte so good that my brain has started to try and find bad things to say about it (at least thats what I think) For Red Alerts story.
    I have to say I'm not sort of unsatisfied with it. Not because he didn't wake up or that he wont wake up for some time... or even that he tried to kill himself. It's mainly because... well actually yeah technically it was because he tried to kill himself. Basically I would say that my first quirk about it would be the fact that it was spanned over three issues. three issues where we were left wondering "who killed him?" to "who tried to kill him", and well, over all it feels sort of anticlimactic to me.

My second quirk would be the fact that we know someone on board knows about Overlord and was most likely the one who put him on board and well... we found FirstAid rummaging with the med drone... yknow the one that looked as though it were being controlled?... guess First aid really didnt find anything in there then...

I found that Roberts did a good job at showing how distressed Rodimus is about the situation, it was also really touching with his "Promise" although panel 4 on page 9 felt sort of off to me. The bold makes it show that he should be yelling when his face is well... not... yelling. Yeah it seems really hard for my brain to criticize this.

YOU HEAR ME ROBERTS STOP MAKING MTMTE SO AWESOMAZING SO THAT I CAN MAKE BOTH NEGATIVE AS WELL AS POSITIVE COMMENTS ABOUT YOUR WORK!!
    hahah Anyways. I really cant believe
    Red attempted suicide
    .It's something he would do yes... but The fact that this is roberts makes me suspect that perhaps
    First Aid
    is behind it, and the whole
    suicide thing
    was a cover up .... God Im feeling cynical :/ ah well maybe roberts has better plans for a reveal of who let overlord on board.

Now then, the heist was lots of fun from start to finish, I loved the sort of movie dialogue that ran through the story. Also... the reveal on page 11 that people seem to have missed- that appears even more amazing than the ending it that
    Windchargers arms aren't magnetic. They're MAGIC
    DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNN.
    okay I gotta stop having fun wit this and keep going. poor glitch, poor skids. page 15.... so much win. Oh Pax, you are like Batman and superman rolled into one.
    so more than one institutes eh? welp looks like we will be getting more flashback stories like this in the future. hopefully. probably.

I feel as though Tailgates reaction to orion pax mirrors our reaction to the last page. Totally shocked and amazed. only less screaming... Still What I absolutely love about Tailgate these last few issues is that he was enjoying the story as much as I was. Something about a character enjoying the story (and even having a favourite character) with us feels really... fun. Sorry I cant think of a word for it, but it's probably the same reason why I loved Ironfist so much.

Also
    Rung and Skids... dawwww
    seriously i have to admit - and Im sure most if not everyone else. just wants to get in a group hug with all of the cast. come on you know you want to.

Anyways great great issue, definitely one of the best yet.

3. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Roberts, you magnificent bastard. Bravo.

IDW, whatever this man wants to stay on your title, make it happen. This is far and away the best comic I've read in the last 10 years.

4. minimaster

minimaster Miniac

News Credits:
    seconded so much. i kind wanna pre
    Empurata shockwave from the foc mold
    but damn why'd he have to keep changing paint jobs

5. D307

D307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could not say it any better. The ending to this was just way to unexpected!

6. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Shockwave has always been my favorite character. This just makes him so much... more. Roberts, you are amazing. Damn this was suck a great book!!!! :D 

Also, I wonder if Red Alert was
    Shadowplayed into killing himself. Would certainly be interesting, to say the least.

7. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it's an oblique reference to
    Shockwave's color-changing on screen in Transformers Animated.

8. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just thought is a coloring error to be honest. Re-read this issue and still doesn't get me excited.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That's just because you hate everything and we should all just ignore you. ;) 

Also it's not a colouring error if it's intentional.

10. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Haven't been reading Atomic Robo eh? LOL...but MTMTE is surpassing that book too.

11. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember someone complaining that there are no Decepticon in Orion's heist team. Now we know there was
    one: Shockwave
    Besides, does anybody have problem with tfwiki? It keeps showing me error message since last night. I want to check what happened to his page...

I expected something tragic would happen to Roller as well, but fortunately it didn't. Yay!
    And why did the alarm worked? Are Decepticons (either DJD or Scavengers) approaching the Lost Light?

12. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd say that a pretty good assumption is that the Peaceful Tyranny has caught up with them, however, this is Roberts we're talking about, it could just as easily be a delegation from the Planet Junk and Wreck-Gar's about to join the crew!

13. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I think the one thing everyone is missing from this issue is the fact that someone (Orion Pax, Chromedome, Ratchet, Roller, Glitch, Skids, Windcharger, Proteus, or Prowl) tipped off the Senate as to Orion Pax's plan. Of that group, only Chromedome, Ratchet, and Skids are aboard the Lost Light (which conveniently is attacked, probably by the DJD).

Was that a foreshadow by Roberts as to who is the sleeper agent aboard the Lost Light? (Chromedome, Ratchet, or Skids?).

Anyways, James Roberts is hands-down one of the absolute best comic scribes currently working today. The characterization he creates for each character, the brilliantly planned, penned, and tied-together storylines, and the ability to shock his readers ... there's no other writer out there right now that can do that.

As someone said earlier ... Amazing Spider-Man #698 was completely crushed by James Roberts' More Than Meets the Eye #11.

IDW would be insanely stupid to ever let him leave this franchise. As would Hasbro. We need to make it a point to get his name out there, get these stories some publicity, and make sure that James Roberts becomes a name that the comic community as a whole knows, and eventually, loves.

I <3 you James Roberts

14. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want to have James Roberts' babies. All of them.

15. Icespark

Icespark A Spark in the Darkness

News Credits:
    I just finished reading this masterpiece! :D 

That ending was the best twist I've seen since Beast Machines Jetstorm's real identity. Absolutely incredible! :D 

Also, I know it's been said before, however, I shall reiterate it! Ironfist is every obsessed Transformer fan ever! I grin just picturing him going to Botcon! :D  I really hope we see more of him! :D  Also, Swerve is still awesome! :D 

Can Roberts, Roche, and Barber just be in charge of everything ever from this point forward? Please?

Seriously, why can't the cartoon by like this? Why?

Also, I loved Windcharger's and Ratchet's eyes when Pax jumped. That reaction was awesome!

The next thing to do is obvious: go force everyone I know to read this! :D 

I could keep gushing about how incredible this issue was for a long time. I'm having a difficult time finding words to properly express the sheer magnitude of craftsmanship present in both the art and the writing. This series is truly storytelling at it's finest.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  16. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I give major props to Alex Milne. Not only is he a sexy bitch, but he has taken the style that Roche obviously wanted this book to have and in my opinion has mastered it ... almost better than Roche!

A beautiful story with beautiful artwork. I'd totally have a threesome with Roberts and Milne.

17. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I just checked, and the relevent tfwiki page has been updated.

Man, this issue. SOOOOO good.

18. tull

tull Thrillhouse

Ebay:

I have a theory that perhaps it was Prowl who tipped them off.

Most likely not by choice.

Bear in mind that he was with Chromedome when they found the Institute. Before finding it, they were having a discussion about the potential escalation of the Senate's harsh treatment of the citizens of Cybertron. If there was a full scale war, Prowl states that he'd leave. He also told Chromedome, "I assumed you'd come with me"

So, obviously we have a version of Prowl who is much more prone to being guided by emotion. His relationship with Chromedome, his reaction to Orion's plan....this is clearly not in line with the Prowl we are introduced to in Infiltration, and certainly not the same Prowl we see in RiD.

I'm starting to think he was nabbed after he left, forced to spill the details about the whereabouts of
    Senator Shockwave
    , and then he could have had something done to him. Maybe some type of behavior modification. After all if the Institute could strip [spolier]Senator Shockwave[/spoiler] of his emotions, why not modify Prowl?

And this might explain why he's such a diabolical SOB in the current RiD storyline. Killing 'Cons in secret, rigging explosions, his attitude towards the NAILS, what if he has some underlying directive to re-establish control over the populace the same way the Senate did? A sort of sleeper agent?

When you're sitting on your PC near midnight hammering out conspiracy theories, then you know you're hooked by a masterful scribe. Bravo Mr. Roberts.

19. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe
    Zeta
    was right-hearted bot, but somehow the Senate got the list of bots who were modified by
    Shockwave
    and sent them to the Institute.
    (I want to think so rather than
    Shockwave
    made a mistake.)

20. TFfan1

TFfan1 Mnemosurgeon In-training

With Whirl and Empurata it all adds up. In issue 6, we never saw Whirl's face or hands and he says he wants his hands back...I was wondering how those claws made watches! As for the ending: I just...wow