Transformers More than Meets the Eye #11 Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Wadeledge, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    sweet

2. badbotsarehot

badbotsarehot Aerialbot/Seeker

uuuuggghhhh, i really wish i hadn't seen spoilers for the ending with "Senator Shockwave." (my own fault too, took me a while to go out and get #11.) ah well, good stuff nonetheless. :thumb : the idea itself is just very intriguing ...

3. Wadeledge

Wadeledge Wrecker

They both have big ol' circle things on the side of their face!

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

They're both rather big guys, and have enormous feet,and transform into (presumably) heavy land vehicles.

And, y'know... Tarn's got to be someone, right? He can't just be some guy.

I mean, he could be, but that would feel kind of cheap to build a mystery around some dude and then he's like... nobody. :) 

zmog

5. Wadeledge

Wadeledge Wrecker

Also I just thought about this: Roller and Ratchet are both close to Optimus right? Then why is that scene in Shadowplay the last time they were all together. You'd think that if Roller joined the Autobots that he'd have crossed paths with Ratchet and Optimus at some point over the millions of years of war.

All moot if Roller bit it early on of course.

6. Digilaut

Digilaut I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

News Credits:
    Tarn being Roller could work, I think.
    It could create a really dramatic situation when the DJD comes in contact with the Lost Light (which seems to be this upcoming issue).

The DJD are hellbent on killing off any Decepticon failure, which wouldn't really be a problem for Roller - who probably holds no love for the Cons after ages of war. But what would happen if the DJD lands on the Lost Light, determined to kill Overlord and anyone who happens to stand in his way? Would Roller have to balance maintaining his cover in the DJD, while trying not to screw over the Autobot crew, the side he is secretly allied with?

But some questions remain: why would Roller have the power to regulate his voice and talk people to death? Why would he be part of a team that kills Con defectors, and be directly responsible for Decepticons being too afraid to leave or falter, thus strengthening the Decepticons?

7. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Didn't Roller--the traditional Roller--appear in one of the -ation series? Isn't it highly probable that at some point, his spark was encased in Prime's drone (a la Senator Ratbat in Soundwave's cassette in Megatron Origins), as opposed to him being some other walking, talking, closet Decepticon?

8. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Yes, when that one dude wanted to kill Optimus, he used the Drone. Kind of reminds me of an episode of G1.

9. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We don't know what the Roller-Roller connection is. Optimus could have just named a piece of equipment after his old friend.

Doesn't make it any less funny when Blitzwing gets owned by it. :lol 

10. SMOG

Oh, I wasn't thinking that he's a double-agent. I was thinking he just went through some big changes (or maybe was shadow-hacked/brainwashed). I haven't figured out all the angles... it's just a whimsical suspicion right now.

That has certainly occurred to me, though if that were the case, it would be weird for Prime to be carrying around his friend's soul and using it as a drone or to serve drinks or whatever. You'd think they'd give him a new body by now. I'd suspect that there's something seriously wrong with Roller. Like some critical part of him is missing.

Or that. I was wondering that too, but that sort of belittles what traditional Roller is (and really, he's already belittled enough).

I kind of like the way that Optimus shunted his Spark into his combat deck back in the Infiltration run. It was a nice way to underscore the psychic link between Optimus and his components... though I'd be interested in seeing someone dig into that a bit more.

zmog

11. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They very consciously teased Roller's brain getting shot out in Shadowplay #3...which a lot of us had been speculating on...but then that's the fate Shockwave saves him from. Still, there's a reason why it was "the last time Roller, Pax, and Ratchet ever met." Something else happens to him.

12. SMOG

Yup. It's a tease, alright. Well played, Roberts.

I'm sticking with Tarn, but that's really my long-shot WTF bet. :) 

zmog

13. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A sparkeater is described as a techno-parasite. The form that we see is only a host like the one possessing the turbofox in the company of the DJD. So it's possible the poor sod got taken over by the sparkeater in the interim of the war.

14. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Man just re-read Shadowplay, great stuff, but I can't help but feel like I was missing something. Then I went and visted the previous ongoing #22 & #23. Man so much better, seriously I wanna see Roberts up for TF HOF at botcon this year. Another question has any one noticed the 63 cycles carved into Whirls cell? I saw it in issue #22 when Megatrons in the clink anyone have any theroies?

15. gregles

gregles quintesson

I was thinking something maybe a title of a chapter from that free thinking writing megatron was doing pre war, which orian pax partially agreed with and tarn made reference to when torturing black shadow. Maybe 63 cycles is later appropriated in some way as the length of time during the indoctrination into the decepticons that a cybertronian has to make the initial choice to join the decepticons

16. jrs1976

jrs1976 Member

Something I've just noticed, does anyone else think the heavies remind them of some of the early IDW designs for Roadbuster and Broadside?

May be nothing, but with Roberts you never know!

17. Sockie

Sockie Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Not at all. Not sure if you can really call those designs their "early" IDW designs either, as Roadbuster and Broadside had both appeared in IDW well before LSOTW.

18. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

I was thinking that the heavies have more in common with BM Tankor, which means that the Tankor head we saw aaaaaaalllll the way back in Megatron Origins is actually a heavy.

19. aledromo

aledromo Decepticon at the Gate

Where has all of this Tarn speculation come from? I don't recall any hints as to his ever being anyone else of significance.

20. AdyCarter

AdyCarter Mentalist Conspiracies

One of the DJD is a an autobot spy.

We don't know what happened to Roller, Tarn is physically similar to Roller.

Thats pretty much the basis of it.