Transformers MMO?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Bgrngod, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I was clicking around one of my favorite other sites Massively -- Daily News About MMOs and stumbled over an article from early last month that talks about 5 MMO's they'd like to see.

The Digital Continuum: Five criminally unused MMO settings (Transformers on the second page)

They mention Transformers as one, and give a brief description of how they envision it. I thought this was kind of interesting and figured I'd post about it here.

It seems like a good idea, although it just doesn't seem like it would ever happen. I'd definitely try it out.

2. Lakanl

Lakanl Footmaster

I would LOVE a Transformers MMO/MMORPG.

I would play it every day of my life. Especially if it resembled the vision painted by The Digital Continuum.

3. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Is the NetEase project sanctioned by Hasbro?

5. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Massive multiplayer online role playing game...

Meh. Don't really know if i want one yet. It could be really cool, but then they could screw it up easily. Hmm...?

6. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Oh hells no. I loathe MMOs and their never-ending, money-sucking ways. Give me a proper game.

7. Coinhound

Coinhound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    As good as we could think a Transformer MMO could be Age of Conan looked the most promising. It was clicking at 20,000 members and have heard now it has less than 4000. What happened?

8. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Have they made one of those yet for Transformers? I mean, seriously. The only one even worth picking up was the Animated game for the DS. Nothing else has really worked so why not an MMO?

From what I've read - never played the game due to all the hype - that the game has non-existent high level content, horrendously flawed mechanics, is full of people that exploit the hell out of the myriad of bugs in the game, and the company that runs the game doesn't care. Sadly that seems to be a trend with a lot of the MMOs out there. I seriously hope that a TF MMO doesnt follow that kind of model.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  9. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Why not? Well, there's the reasons I stated. And given that a decent Transformers game hasn't appeared yet, what makes you think an MMO would work? A pox on MMOs, I say.

Oh, and the Transformers Armada game was pretty good. Easily the best thing that happened with Armada.

10. starscream4ever

starscream4ever King of Decepticons

As long as you could be Starscream, id play it. IT CAN NOT BE LIKE WARCRAFT, BECAUSE TOO MANY UNWORTHY NERDS PLAY IT.

11. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well Need for Speed has a FREE MMO comming out soon so MMO's dont have to suck the money out of your wallet every month

I will say transformers has a good set up for an online game you sign in pick a side and fight simple as.

As for playing as existing character IMO I dont think they should let you play as Prime, Megatron or Screamer to name but a few since by the end of day one their would be at least 100 different Screamers online 40 of them would be slash fic based Armada clones.

to me the real point to playing the game would be making my own TF and designing it in every aspect kinda like Spore but with killer robots

what might be interesting is having combiners made up from clan members and then as a whole they could control the combined form kinda replicating the problems Menasor had in G1 so in order for it to be worth it 5 people would need to work together in a group mind or maybe a group vote and who ever had the most votes would get to control the combined form but they all shared XP?