Transformers mixup

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by theone74, Jun 11, 2007.

1. theone74

theone74 Banned

Who mixes all their Transformers up, no matter what series its from,G1, Classics, The movie, BW, Alternators or other? I cant stand to have them mixed up, I collect MIB and the new Leaders of the ages box set is driving me crazy because I don’t want it with the movie toys because of the G1 Prime, It sure as hell aint going with G1. My other option is with the gift sets, Classics Primr/Megatron and Classics Skywarp and Magnus.. How do you display yours?

2. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

I do both: mix 'em and keep 'em in separate lines. For example, Cybertron is all together (mostly) while the rest of my lines are currently mashed up. Just depends...

3. Mumble-bee

Mumble-bee inveterate lurker

I have limited display area, so they tend to get all jumbled up in a box when I take them down to put up whatever I just bought ...

I'm having trouble figuring out how to keep Classics on display, while still putting out the movie toys. I think I have to put my Alternators away.

4. Nez Pierce

Nez Pierce @evildanish

News Credits:
    My display follows its own brand of (ill)logic, now totally shot to hell since I'm in the process of moving, but it went a little like this. Two six foot by three foot displays totaling nine shelves (to set the scene). I keep the Prime figures together on one shelf regardless of line since there are so damn many of them (just about 40 on the dot), though this will likely be expanded to a second shelf.

The G1 stuff gets a shelf apiece by faction (aside from the Dinobots and a couple random busted up insecticons which go with the Beast-era stuff).
    Alternators get their own shelf en masse.
    One shelf is dedicated to Unicron (one armada, one energon, the titanium, and the Cybertron deluxe), his spawns (6" Ti Scourge, Cyb Sideways, and Cyb Soundwave), and Primus, with numerous minicons attached to all three planet figures.
    One shelf is dedicated to the Beast Wars/Beast Machines stuff (including the red stuff above, plus any other beast or insect figures from other lines).
    One shelf is dedicated to the new school Decepticons (from Energon through Classics).
    Similarly, the new school Autobots get their shelf.
    The movie stuff has a shelf of its own so far.

How's that for consistent inconsistency?

After the move is complete, I'll probably invest in a nice curio (or two) to display the Primes, Starscreams, and other favorites.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I try to keep my stuff as together as possible...my main restriction is space. I have the entire Cybertron line and I can't fit all of it on one shelf. I also have to split up my Beat Wars figs between a couple shelves...the only thing I really mix and match is Universe stuff. If it's a beast repaint, it goes with my Beast Wars stuff. If it's a vehicle I've mainly put it in with my RiD stuff...same goes for the new-mold G2 stuff. On the same token, if it's a repainted G1 fig from G2 I put it with my G1 stuff.

6. WheelJacksWrkShp

WheelJacksWrkShp Here goes nothin'

My collection is small. Only like 207 so I just pitch them all into one toy box and call it good.

Just kidding. Mine are arranged according to available space. I have 2 corner shelves with 4 levels each and a glass case with 30 slots. Each shelf has the largest of its era on it with surrounding smaller bots from the same era. For example. The top shelf has my MP prime and all the alternators I can fit there. The top shelf of the other corner has Metroplex and my 2 sets of combiners, Omega Supreme in action with some WST bots (pretty scale looking) and some target masters. The shelf flow puts the more costly ones at the top or in the glass case for I have a 3 year old that knows how to look and not touch but I leave nothing to chance. SO typically the bottom shelves are reserved for ones I can still buy so that she can play with them from time to time with out me freaking out. The trick is to let her play with them when she asks but let her understand her limits and she does great. She hasn't wanted to play with one since Christmas. Not that I want to discourage her but I think she understands now what its about. Oh I forgot all my movie stuff goes to work with me for on my desk. I have a coworker here that is a toy collector like myself and we share and compare our common interests. There, thats it I think.

7. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

I go more with themes instead of having lines together with the exception of Alternators; although I just put Voyager movie Ironhide with them so I guess they aren't an exception.

I have a Prime Shelf, Tron shelf, Scourge shelf, Decepticon jet shelf, Dinobots, and other things like that.

8. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    I mix 'em up. I just don't have the space. So you will see Cybertron Quickmix hanging out with G1 Powermaster Prime, and Galaxy Force Starscream hanging out with Autolooper. :D 

9. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I mix based on themes. It doesn't matter what series they're from, so long as they kind of look alright together.

One shelf might all be autobot cars that are roughly the same size, and look like a decent G1 line-up. I also have a shelf of Primes, a shelf of micromaster/minicons, a shelf of heavy construction bots, combiners, beast bots, etc...

All my Alternators go together only because they look like they should... but my MP Optimus and my Roadbot Grimlock also hang out with 'em. :) 

I have no use for MIB, and I don't really watch the new TV shows. For me, it's all about the toys, and their rough adherence to a lingering G1 sensibility.

zmog

10. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I mix 'em up a little bit. I tend to group by aesthetic. So all Unicron trilogy stuff gets lumped together (I only have enough to fill two shelves anyway) because it has a similar aesthetic. RID and Robotmasters go together. G1 gets its own couple of shelves. Movie stuff gets its own shelf. Binaltechs and Alts are all together, but grouped in with them I also have MP's and several similarly-scaled motorcycle Transformers (Arcee, Axer, Lugnutz, Road Rocket, etc.). WST go alone in their own tiny display cases, and LOC's are all glued to the top of my computer monitor.

I think I'm going to end up grouping Real Gears with the Alts, too.... they don't fit the movie aesthetic, don't feel quite right with AEC.... so I think their realistic alt modes will fit with Alts. Plus, that way I can have Laserb--- er, "Booster" perched next to Ravage and Rumble.

So yeah, I guess I mostly keep things divided by series, with those few exceptions.

11. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    I limit myself to three shelves and do keep the lines seperated. Makes for quite a full closet. It's a pain in the ass when I decide it's time to rotate. Even when I am still keeping the same line out, but putting up different TF's.

12. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    mixing your TF lines?! sound like display disaster, girlfriend! *snaps fingers*

vintage with vintage, modern with modern, beast with beast.

13. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    By class.^^ I dont separate my collection by lines. It's easier for me to separate them by class.

14. CyclopianVision

CyclopianVision Banned

I mix everything up mainly focused around G1.

I'm working on a G1 homage collection mostly of my favorite G1 characters.

So display kind of has a through the ages kind of feel to it.

15. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I only collect G1.

but they are at the momment all over the place. I will when I get my own place have them more set up as I want to and incorporate everything else like excuslivs, G1 MIB, bust and statues into one great looking TF wall. oh yess ppls jaws will drop.

;)