Transformers Megatron Origin #3

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by tusko, Sep 7, 2007.

1. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Is there a discussion thread on this already?

Thoughts? Is Soundwave double dealing with Megs and Ratbat? How will he get out of it.

Nice issue with great cameos.

Talk about it here unless there is a stealth thread else wheres.

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I like A3's little goatee. I hope he's only minimally involved in this universe, but the cameo is nice.

3. adam-x

adam-x megazord activate,,

why my comic book store does not have this??????????? awwwwwww

4. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Guess it's time to bump the easter egg thread again.

Anyway very interesting. It seems Megatron is finally becoming the dictator we know. He started out as a just rebel, fighting for the screwed over lower class. Now, he is organizing them into an army and beginning the war.

Also, it seems Starscream will always be a conniving bastard. He would betray his own mother if he had one.

5. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    At the rate the story's going, I feel that the series should've been 6 issues because I'm not seeing much internal dialogue for Megs a la Ops in DW's WW Vol. series. To me, it feels more like a pre-Decepticon story rather than one that focuses on Megs. Otherwise, I'm digging the art as usual, but I think the colors and the overall story is not mixing well together. And I doubt it be the case, but in the future I would love to see a collected trade in just Milne's b & w lines.

6. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    I hope they explain more about Soundwave's motives in the last issue. I REALLY want to know what he and Ratbat are up to.

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    easy. he goes with the winning side. thats what an opportunist is.

8. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Actually, here I suspect that he's feigning betrayal.

Note that Megatron wants him to DO something. Plus it looks like he's whispering something to Starscream before he starts singing in the cell.

I think Starscream's gonna be brought to the Council, who he will then assasinate. Meanwhile, Rumble and Frenzy will do SOMETHING as they're inside Soundwave (and have been in every issue so far)

9. Op_Prime

Op_Prime One With The Matrix TFW2005 Supporter

I concur. Starscream's "Betrayal" is most likely staged and part of Megatron's overall plan. Starscream admitted in Infiltration that he looked up to Megatron early in his Decepticon career so I think at this point of time, Starscream is still rather loyal to Megatron. Megatron probably trusts Starscream alot as well, entusting him with this crucial portion of his plan. He was probably very amused by Starscream's earnest pledge of allegiance and was perhaps moved enough by it to let such a relatively new recruit into his inner most circle.

What I think would be ironic is if Megatron's use of Starscream in this "betrayal" scheme might be the catalyst that leads to Starscream eventually realizing, in the long run, his capacity for treachery and by the end of the series he starts to shed a bit of his loyalty to Megatron and show a bit of his newly-found power hungry side, so it would seem that Megatron was the one who laid the groundwork for Starscream's future behaviour.

Overall, I think this issue gave alot of new insight to Megatron and Starscream's early relationship.

10. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok now the ending of this issue makes sense.

11. Pwnbeaver

Pwnbeaver teh uber pwnage

Grimlock FTW!

12. Loscos

Loscos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thinking about it, Starscream and Megatron must have planned that apparent betrayal, because given the way they've dealt with Megs so far, Starscream should be dead next issue. That is of course unless something spectacular happens.

13. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

My speculation is that Starscream is setting in motion Megs plan. I think in the next issue Starscreams gonna kill a major member of the senate or such, at least do something big....which would explain why everyone else fears him as well.

14. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree about the point the colours and the overall story not mixing well - IMO of course! I found some parts not easy on the eyes.

15. DestronGenerals

DestronGenerals Well-Known Member

agreed... (assuming that's sarcasm) I couldn't follow the last page or so at all.

16. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Really diggin' this issue. I thought #1 was a mess. #2 stepped it up and then #3 got it right.

Nitpicks:

The Seekers are introduced with 3 unique designs but from the abduction of the senator on to the end they all switch to Thundercraker's design.

The coloring seems to change for the worse starting on the page after the funeral.

Overall a great recovery for this series as a whole.

17. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

Maybe its just the coloring, but Milne's art style doesn't seem to work well with sequentials. I love his posters and all, but his style seems too detailed and cluttered to work well in these small panels.

18. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I'm still having trouble picking things out too. I think Starscream is only pretending to betray Megatron though. Also interesting how Sunstreaker wants to "try out" for the Decepticons but Sideswipe doesn't. I wonder what makes them choose the Autobot side eventually.

19. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    its not just you. ive been nitpicking him from the get go. its not so much personal as his style reminds what was so great and at the same time so bad abt the DW era. great pinup artists/poor sequential storytelling.

20. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Funny, I really enjoyed his work on the TF: Energon comics.

Its just lately he seems rushed and really over detailing things. I think he needs to just take a step back and simplify his style.