Transformers maybe speaking French ? (possible spoiler)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by vektsilver, Sep 20, 2008.

1. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I had just thought of something with the Transformers landing all over the globe its entirely possible that they may have picked up other languages other than english.

The reported scene in france with Sam's parents and a mystery Transformer chasing them I would think it would be cool and hilarious if the Transformer based on the region it ended up had learned French. Then when confronting the english speaking parents was yelling at them in French "Im here to help you lets go" but all they saw was an angry robot screaming at them in a language they dont know.

If the differant locations brought on differant languages for the transformers I think it would be cool, a bit more relisitic and a definite nod to fans who love em in countries that dont have english as the main language. Even if it were atleast only on the initial couple of lines.

Just thought of something else what if the corvette was tracks and he was the one in france chasing the parents, if he had a French accent wouldnt that be perfect for him the rest of the movie lol.

Considering I only know of the 2 locations outside of the US ( France and China ) what do you guys think about it and what other locations might we be seeing.

2. AngusDF

AngusDF Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL at your sig =)

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Would be kinda funny, and I personally wouldn't have a problem with it. Though it'd be even funnier if one of the bots had an accent similar to Arnold Schwarzenegger, and even funnier if they could get him to voice the bot himself. Not very likely, but that's why it's known as a pipe dream.

4. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

transformers have always had all kinds of different accents(country,australian,german,etc)it makes since they would speak other languages too.

5. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Well Prime did say they have learned "Earths languages" so presumably all the TF's should be able to communicate in any language. I have a feeling this could and potentially will set up some of the films more humorous moments as we all know what kinds of things Bay likes to play up for laughs and well I think anything involving the French is pretty self explanatory.

6. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Haha, yes!! I'd love to see a bot in France talk French, only to have some of the (English-speaking) humans go 'eh?..', after which he'd change to talking English. :D 

7. BHB

BHB Well-Known Member

Good idea, I think that'd be great.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    That would be great. The robot transforming and talking to them in French, thinking they were French.

Maybe he would just start cycling through every language until he got to English. :lol 

9. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    This needs to happen.

10. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    I'm sorry but with a scene taking place in a Chinese city and knowing that Transformers will be speaking the language associated with that geographical region, namely Chinese is just gonna be ridiculous

Its going to be funny though.

But I'm all for sticking to one language.

I personally believe that they will only speak English regardless of their location. This is because most likely the Transformers will be communicating with main characters of the film and we all know they speak english.

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    There was similar scene in the original script for the first movie. Optimus Prime originally was going to speak in chinese in his first scene (as china is the most populous nation on the planet, so he figure chinese would be the predominant language).

13. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Autobots know all earth languages, as I'm sure decepticons do. No clue on the use for autobots, but decepticons not likely at all.

Autobots tend to use whatever language who they are speaking to understands. Occasionally with some guessing to find the right one. Decepticons can understand it as per info gathering purposes, but rarely speak outside cybertronian barring scare tactics, and speaking to humans.

So a language cycling scene seems likely for a bot who lands on foreign soil.

14. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I really like that idea of cycling through all the languages maybe even to the point of frustration then says some sort of curse word in another language :)  .... or even better finally gets to english but says the curse word at that point.

Did the robot just swear at us ?

obviously the big curse words are out but the minor ones would be good.

15. sd_theman

sd_theman Member

The idea of different languages is ok but I don't think any transformer revealing his bot mode to a couple of humans and then looking stupid by talking to them in a different language is in any way cool!

16. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    They already speak french, just go into the language menu on your dvd :lol 

17. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    If Animated Blitzwing ever makes it to the big screen, the Governator MUST voice Hothead. No exceptions.

18. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    You guys do realize that Arcee's French right? She does wear a beret. ;)