Transformers Masterpiece 31 Delta Magnus (Diaclone)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by chrisr291, Aug 25, 2016.

1. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The lovely folks at Toy Dojo just received their shipment of MP31 and I couldn't resist!

Delta (Diaclone) Magnus is a stunning repaint of a figure most of us already know and love. No major changes from the previous figure besides a few painted pieces that were originally blue plastic.

Disclaimer: Delta's articulated hands are out already, so I swapped hands before taking pictures. Unfortunately, no gun or shoulder upgrades as of now, but I'm sure it'll be coming soon.

Comparison:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Robot Mode:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Vehicle Mode:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the partner:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overall:
    I, personally, love the figure because I'm a huge Diaclone fan! Owning modern versions of figures I never had the opportunity to buy in the past is a dream come true. Should you buy it? If the colors don't peak your interest, I'm not sure having the figure in hand will help. However, if you give it a chance, I don't see how you would be disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

Some hips of that girl! Anyway, he looks very nice.

3. TattooedRobot

TattooedRobot Dead since the 80’s corpse animated by caffeine TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice Marshall Bluetooth. Nice Delta Magnus too.

4. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice pics. Simple but effective review.

All that said, I like the paint and chrome much better than the OG figure. But not enough to overcome what is in my opinion a highly flawed mold

5. TattooedRobot

News Credits:
    Just ordered from TD. Really looking forward to this guy. I think I most excited for the new Magnus face.

6. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:

The speaker actually has fantastic sound quality! Not sure if it was worth the price, but I'm sure you could snag an open box on Amazon.

7. TattooedRobot

News Credits:
    Oh I have one too that's why it jumped right out at me. Just ordered my DM too. Are you using the alt face for Ultra Magnus?

8. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe! I haven't played around with Magnus much because I'm leaving it in vehicle mode for now :) 

I can't help but think of this Diaclone Commercial... might have to hose it down later

9. TattooedRobot

News Credits:
    I know that commercial is fantastic. All I all want is a Blue MP-10. I keep hoping for a KO....

I have come to terms with this mold but I would absolutely go for the traditional powered armor on an MP-10 as well.

10. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    wait, is UM doing the 'made you look' thing in the first picture? :lol 

11. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Go screw yourself, Prowl.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. TattooedRobot

News Credits:
    Man this guy is looking so much better in hand than the promo shots.

If anyone changes the alt face on their UM can they post a picture? I want to flash back to Robert Stacks voice...

13. TattooedRobot

News Credits:
    Okay finally got it done.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    I received my Delta Magnus yesterday, from AE.
    To be honest, I wasn't looking forwards to getting him in the same way I was chomping at the bit to get MP-22 Ultra Magnus. Still, I like big bots and I cannot lie, and DM is a pretty huge bot. Back when he was first solicited, I was disappointed to not see any remolding on the figure. In hand that still holds true: I wish they'd have done... something, anything... to set him aside from UM, for example change the molded Autobot logo to a molded or even tampo'ed Decepticon logo. The biggest differences now, apart from the color, are the inclusion of Marissa Fairborne (who is underwhelming in the same way Daniel and Spike were with MP-22), and, more importantly, the inclusion of the two 'goggle faces' that should have been included with Ultra Magnus. Honestly, the first thing I did after having opened up the box, before transforming DM, was to take the shouty goggle face and put it on Ultra Magnus. Finally complete!
    As far as DM himself is concerned: I like him well enough. He was always destined to be the alt mode version of this mold in my Detolf display, just like Ratchet is in 'bot mode while Ironhide is in alt mode. The colors are pretty nice: I guess in some ways the cab color looks more uniform with the trailer. Transformation is still fun and intuitive. To my shame I found out that I probably hadn't transformed UM in over a year, so it was sort of fun figuring out the transformation all over again (I hardly ever use instructions).
    He's now taken his place in the Detolf, where he just about fits in length-ways with the cab turned inwards. I was hoping he's save me some display space by offering some parking spaces for a couple of alt mode car-bots, but he still takes up quite a bit of room. Going to need to rearrange my display this weekend.
    What I was glad to find was that there seem to be no QC problems. While checking him out, I actually found out MP-22 Daniel's arms had been mounted the wrong way around, so I was able to fix that and make Daniel look slightly better. If I remember correctly, UM had the problem where his chest-plate hinge was prone to stress-marks and even breakage due to a tight fit in alt mode. It seems Takara fixed that tightness problem on DM: the chest-plate hinges and clicks much more freely than UM's. All in all, a nice figure, and one which will tide me over nicely until next month's MP-14+!

• Like Like x 2