Transformers Marvel Crossovers.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by rodimus147, Jul 7, 2011.

1. rodimus147

rodimus147 Well-Known Member

I was looking at some of the Transformers Marvel crossovers online and they dont look half bad. I was wondering if anyone here has seen if any of them make decent standins for characters we havent gotten yet?

2. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well there heads really wouldn't let that be possible unless you changed them to see if any look like another character.

3. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    I enjoy the figures, but as ^ said, without customization they don't look or feel like any TF characters. Too bad this line is dead, it was always miles ahead of SW Crossovers.

4. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    I recommend the first Hulk (the tank), the Captain America/IronMan Hummer (can be had for $8 at Marshall's currently) and I like IronMan and the Human Torch jets myself.

I've seen lots of Transformers characters made from these, with headswaps of course.

5. konrathink

konrathink Jared Magnus

Some of them just feel like cheap plastic and thoughtless transformations. Like the above have listed, the green Hulk tank and the Captain America/Iron Man Hummer are really the only ones worth getting. I've got one or 2 others only to return them almost instantly because of no movement in certain joints or just basic transformations.

6. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are some stinkers, but none are really unredeemable, and most are actually VERY fun toys. The Hummer mold is absolutely one of my favorite TFs of all time!

If you want to add them into your proper-TF collection, you've got two choices:

A- Embrace the TF/Marvel shared continuity implied by the early G1 comics, the recent Avengers Xover, and the back of the packages, I suggest supplementing with "Hand full of Heroes" mini figs as the "pilots." TFs & Mecha-Marvels vs. Galactus & Unicron has a LOT of display potential (I'm working on building up such a one)

B- Use them as custom fodder, there's a LOT of TF characters that work nicely on the Marvel-bodies with a new head and a lick of paint, and frankly the Marvel toys, because of their non-Takara engineering, are actually a little easier to work with if you're new to customizing. There's a lot more "wiggle room" in a lot of ways when you're making mods, or figuring out how to paint :) 

Here's my Roadbuster using the (defunct) Kidbash Conversion Kit:
    [​IMG]

7. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

most of them are fairly decent if you judge their merits as toys alone ignoring the absurdity of the concept/background story, except the hulkdozer, with oddly placed shoulder and no elbows, that's the only one i really dislike. the captain america mold seems popular for roadbuster customs with headswaps of course. other than the sorry colors, the thor mold seems like one of the best depiction of the A-10 in transformers history and the robot mode is pretty good too.

8. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hulk tank is easily one of my favourite TF figures, Crossovers or no. Just a very well thought-out, and fun toy. Wolverine, Captain America/Ironman Hummer, and Human Torch are also pretty darned good, if not as innovative as Hulk.

Venom is a "pretty in pictures, terrible in-hand" sort of case.

9. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The Ghost Rider bike, if you can find him, is pretty goddamn amazing as a toy. I was lucky to get one and I fell in love with that particular one pretty fast.

10. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HELL yes, he hangs out with Fallen, and everyone just pretends he's a flaming foot soldier of Chaos instead of some Marvel dude :) 

GREAT mold, too bad it got a rather limited release...

11. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really like that Roadbuster conversion... and my local Marshall's had the Ironman Humvee for 7$ too...

That kit's unavailable now? =/

12. big hank

News Credits:
    An added bonus to the IronMan Humvee is it comes with a great gun weapon, which I imagine is infinitely more useful that the expanding shield of the Cap A version.

And yeah, for 7.99 I grabbed 6.

13. Lt. Faceless

Lt. Faceless I'm a puppet

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the Hulk tank.Beside Hulk(i just seen this mold for the first time a week ago),even with the Star wars crossover.I never really gave them much of a thought in the toy department.

14. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    The tank hulk is awesome. I was surprised to find him at a walmart earlier this year (in bum-frack missouri though). I have the X-factor colored Wolverine and I enjoy him. I'd avoid the bulldozer hulk though. He's weird looking.

15. Lt. Faceless

I just mainly want the Hulk tank for a custom.I've got my hands in to many other toy lines to get into another one.

16. big hank

News Credits:
    I remembered I have the black and gray Wolverine Off road Jeep (?). Picked up on clearance in the spring, he's pretty decent too.

17. Lt. Faceless

Anyone got some pics of some of the better ones? I got my son the Ironman/Spider man jet,helicopter thing and wasn't impressed with it.