Transformers Marvel Crossovers Wave 3 Released in Canada

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
  2. diablo

diablo Well-Known Member

This is so . . . not really exciting.

The only Marvel crossover figure that I've bought is Wolverine - only so I can KB him into classics Trailbreaker (as someone else so cleverly did on this board).

I still can't find 25th anni. smokescreen, cyclonus, hound, starscream anywhere in Southern Ontario.

How well are these crossover figures (Star Wars and Marvel) selling anyways???? I'd have to think that there is a bigger market for a classics wheeljack, jazz, etc. I bet even classics IDW drift would make more for HasTak than that craptacular Venom or Thor crossover. Nevermind some of those truly awful (my gf even called them "slightly disturbing") Star Wars X-overs.

Stick to what works/sells - more classics/henkei please!!!!

3. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I think they are sticking to what sells. Toys based on 2 popular properties does that.

4. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just saw these at my local Target today .... just not willing to spend $16 on them.

5. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

The wave of Universe / Classics you're looking for isn't out in general retail here yet. Us Canadians apparently have to wait an extra 2 - 3 months for the toys to travel the two hours from Buffalo to Toronto. Mind bafflin', ain't it?

Actually, the Marvel Crossovers series IS selling, extremely well. I have three Wal-Marts, two Zellers and a Toys 'R Us in my area, and none of them can keep them stocked. When they get shelved, they're gone within a few days. The figures themselves are actually pretty awesome; I have Wolverine, Hulk and I want to pick up Venom. They're bigger than TF Deluxes (and cheaper than Voyagers), their transformations are often pretty damned ingenius and their bot modes tend to go well into the general Transformers line as well as pull off looking like their Marvel Universe counterparts. The Star Wars ones, on the other hand, stare back out at you from their pegs, lonely and covered in dust. Yes...slightly disturbing works veeeery well for them. :) 

6. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

Awesomeness of waves one and two aside, though, could they not have found a way around making Cap and Thor's alt modes look like they were cobbled together from pieces of different colored vehicles? Seriously; blue hummer with a red ass and a blue jet with red wings and yellow thrusters? Those stick out a bit...

7. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Unfortunatley I will have to pass on these.

8. diablo

diablo Well-Known Member

Wow, they're selling in your area!! Down in Southern Ontario they are on discount at TRU - shelves are overloaded with this junk. All I see at WM, TRU and Zellers are Marvel X-over stuff - no classics whatsoever (aside from acid storms)

Maybe you have an ebay reseller in your area :scalper