Transformers: LUNAR

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Grimlockimus, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Just a Fanfic my sister and I created based on the Roleplay we do ^^"

So it's a fanfic of an RP of a cartoon of a toyline....oh the humanity OTL

All comments and criticisms are appreciated, so we can better improve future chapters.

Anyway, it's set in the TF: Prime Universe. ENJOY!

========================================================
    ~CHAPTER 1~

Humanity, a species much like our own, able to have many shapes and forms. In my experience with the humans I have learned much, their capacity for compassion and love, as well as their greed and violence. But like all things, there is much more to the single human, then meets the eye. I am Optimus Prime, and this, is the story of Luna.

Jasper, NV. Midnight.

Luna walks up to her house late at night, hoping to not find her parents waiting for her when she gets indoors. She takes a deep breath and goes to put her bicycle in the garage. She starts to hear a strange noise from outside, like men talking but not so loudly. Luna gets curious and walks out to find a huge shadowy figure looming over her house and points a bright light at it; suddenly her house is aflame.

Luna screamed and ran from the open door and into the road. She heard something follow her and didn't dare to look back. She knew it would only make her run slower, and she didn't want to glance at her house, knowing her family was asleep in there. Luna started to go through her options she made up in her head, then; she spotted a random semi truck in the end of the cul-de-sac. She didn't have enough stamina to keep herself running and she could hear someone gaining on her. She quickly picked at the lock and opened the door and shut out the figure.

"I-I need to find somewhere better to hide… hope this person didn't need their truck for a while." Luna whispered to herself as she broke open the bottom of the steering compartment and started to hotwire the truck.
    A minute passed, and it appeared like the engine was ignited when a huge, bright blue spark jumped at Luna. She yelped in pain and pulled away her left arm faster than her right. The spark of energy grew bigger and started to eat away at her skin and muscles of her right arm. Luna felt a jolt as the truck started to move and steer on its own. She tried to breath and stay calm but under the pain she was going through she held her hand over her mouth to keep her from crying or screaming.

A while later, Luna feels slightly dizzy due to her ongoing blood-loss. Her arm stopped "dissolving" once it reached right under her elbow, though it continues to slowly go away. The truck soon stops inside what looks like a secret hideout built at a huge scale.

"I need you to get out now." She heard a deep voice come from inside the truck.

Luna didn't want to question anything at the moment and did as she was told. She looked at the truck in awe, for as soon as she got out the vehicle started to move and transform into a massive robot. Luna was speechless for a few seconds then made a loud scream.

'This can't be happening! There's a huge ass robot right there and it was from the truck! HOLEY SHI—' She stopped mid-thought and fainted.
    Her blood seemed to still seep through her fingers as she tried to cover what was left of her arm. The huge robot knelt down and picked her up gently; taking her to another room. The robotic organism put Luna down on a large, inhumanly sized examination table.

"Ratchet, have a look." It spoke.

"Prime, when will you stop bringing MORE humans into our base? We aren't running a daycare here." Ratchet walked over to the table Luna was laying on. He narrowed his optics and zoomed into her arm. "Hmmm, interesting."
    "What is your diagnosis?" Optimus Prime asked, looking a bit nervous.
    "Well, aside from the typical human problems, her entire right arm has dissolved after making contact with the energon that flows through you, it's burned right through the bone, and she seems to be losing blood at a rapid rate and will soon go..."offline".

"Ratchet, her injury is a result of my own actions, if there is any way to help her, please do so." Optimus looked slightly scared, but soon shook his head and kept his face neutral.

"Well...as far as I can tell there's no way to seal the wound, nor is there a way to replace the arm, the energon remaining there will surely burn any material it touches."

"What about Cybertronian metal? Surely it cou—"

"Prime, you know as well as I do, internal Energon is specified to a single unit, the Energon buried in her would only be compatible with your body that is why it reacts so violently with other foreign bodies." Ratchet shook his head, watching the Energon slowly eat away at the rest of Luna's arm.

"Ratchet, there is only one option then." Optimus walks over to a parallel table and sits down. "You must fashion a makeshift arm for her using portions of my armor." Prime points at a section of his armor while talking.

"Optimus, surely you cannot be serious," Ratchet groaned, rubbing his forehead "why would you cause yourself damage just to…. Save ONE human. You said yourself she was only inside of your vehicle mode so she could try to steal you."

"One's right to live can't be judged based on their actions. Freedom is the right of all sentient beings Ratchet, and she deserves the freedom to live. Perform the surgery old friend. That is an order." Optimus sat more upright and gets ready.

Ratchet let out a sigh, "There are days I wonder if that compassion of yours is strength or a weakness Optimus…" Ratchet pulls out a laser saw, "I'll see you after this is over, sir."

Hours later, Ratchet performed the delicate act of building a new arm for Luna out of the section of armor Prime chose. It was successful. Luna starts to shift and wake from the anesthesia. She groaned and rubbed her eye. A sharp pain went through her head and arm.

"Ugh… My head and arm hurts." She whined, blinking as she tried to lift herself up; falling back down onto the table. "What the--!?" Her eyes widened and she started to look around. "Where the hell am I?" She tries to sit up again and falls once more. "Why the-" Luna gasps when she catches sight of her right arm. She stares at the robotic arm that now occupies half of it. "That's….creepy." She uses her other arm to sit herself up, taking another look at her new arm.

She strokes the metal and the fire design, stopping at the mysterious symbol, "what the heck is that made up of?" She examines her hand closer and is very intrigued by it. She tries to remember what happened recently, only to have blurred thoughts. Then she remembered a truck in the end of her path when she was running away last night.

2. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    ~Chapter 2~​

=========================================================

Ratchet soon walks by the table Luna is sitting on and gives her a minor glance, keeping himself unseen, "Hmph, seems like the procedure was a success, as usual." He walked off, not showing much care for the human girl.
    Luna jumped and looked around her, "Who's there?" She narrowed her eyes, starting to look around the dim room carefully.

"Sorry miss, I already repaired your arm; I don't have time to repair your optics." Ratchet groaned and exited the room leaving her alone.
    Luna's eyes widened when she caught a glimpse of Ratchet before he disappeared. She bit her lip to hold in a scream, "Oh my god… it wasn't my imagination…Crap." She looked down at her right arm again. "So that means… damn." A few more seconds pass by as she continues to stare at her arm in wonder. She soon snickers randomly, "Wonder what this new arm can really do." She spoke as she held her arm out to examine the metal more.

A noise came from the table beside her as Optimus sat upright and stared at Luna, "That new arm is not a toy." He muttered, getting himself to stand up. Prime starts to pace around Luna's table as she looks up from her arm and gives Prime a more calmed look than the one she had when she spotted Ratchet. "You don't seem to be afraid, are you not surprised to see our species before you?"

"Umm…w-well…I uhh…" She stuttered before she let out a nervous laugh, "I guess I'm a bit drugged up from surgery? Umm…yeah I guess I'm not scared." She went to sit upright even more, staring up at Prime, "I mean, I did see you before I got this new gadget." Luna points at her arm in reminder to the giant robot. She later shrugged off her fear she still had in the back of her head, seeing how the robots weren't going to harm her for now.

"Yes, how is the new attachment feeling? Our medic did his best to make it work and feel like a human limb as much as he could." Prime nodded.
    "It might take some getting used to. I mean, I couldn't even support myself just a few seconds ago." Luna lowered her eyes and glanced at her hand. "What is it made out of?"

Prime tapped a section of his chest, "The only suitable material to construct your arm was the Cybertronian alloy I am made out of." He showed her a piece of his armor that had a small cut within it. "With that piece, Ratchet built you a new arm, as well as saving your life."

Luna took a few seconds to let that sink in before she spoke, " So let me get this straight." She pointed at her arm. "You took a piece of yourself to give to some stranger human that tried to steal you?" She raised an eyebrow at him. "And now I have an alien robotic arm because of a bad choice in vehicles?"

"That is…one way to put it. If it was not for this new arm, you surely would not be among us any longer."

"Well…that's depressing." Luna muttered putting her arm down. She jumped off the table and stretched a bit. "So, I guess I should ask how to get used to my new arm then. Am I right?"

Prime gave his reply some thought before answering, "Your new arm will just take some getting used to; it's only a bit heavier than your old one, so adjustments should be swift. Just try to move around with it, get a bearing on its functionality."

Luna nodded, "Alright then big bot." She looked back down at her arm and tried to make it clench its fist; taking a little while to get it to work right. Luna sighed and leaned back on the table, "This is a lot harder than it looks." She continued to make her hand do simple things like wave and rotate her wrist.

Optimus observed her progress for a small time before opening his mouth, "While you practice, I do have a few questions for you. Like, why were you toying with my wiring while I was in truck mode?"

"I was trying to—" Luna frowned, remembering back of last night's house fire. "…it was just a random burst of excitement. I saw a car and I had to take it. Kind of like those moments where your heart is beating so fast and your head is rushing and you have to do something then and there to get away from whatever is causing this state of shock." She glanced up at Prime, hoping he would trust her word.

"Luna, I have existed for countless numbers of your human "years", I know when somebody is telling me miss-truths." He kneels down before her, still towering over her due to their massive size difference. "Now, what were you really doing?"

Luna raised her eyebrow at him again, a bit angered he doesn't trust her, "How did you know my name?" She shook her head and remembered the rest of what he said, "Besides, it's not really… well I guess it's kind of your business since I tried to hot-wire you. Umm… I had to get away from something I do not care to talk about now." She spoke standing upright and looking him in the eye. "If you don't mind."

Optimus nodded and stood up, looking down at her, "You have your rights. I will not hold you here against your will, nor shall I force you to speak of things you do not wish to share." He turns to face the exit. "I shall have Ratchet groundbridge you home."

Luna blinked at his last words, "Home? Umm…yeah about that." She rubbed the back of her neck with her robotic arm. "I umm…don't have…one." Luna looked down at the ground, kicking at the surface.
    "There is no one who would take you in? Do you have no sanctuary to reside at?"

"Well I wouldn't say that… okay well uhh… I'll just shorten this conversation by saying my house is now ash, a-and I was trying to find a house via a new car." Luna looked around nervously, keeping her eyes away from Prime.
    Optimus' face gave a look of deep thought, contemplating about where to put the human, soon coming to a conclusion, "You shall reside under our care for the time being, I will discuss your future arrangements with our liaison to the outside world. He has… connections for humans such as you. I shall arrange your living quarters with Ratchet; perhaps it would be best to…introduce yourself to the rest of my team"

"Thanks, that's really nice." Luna paused and her head snapped up to look at Prime again, "Wait. There's more of you here?!" Her eyes widened at the thought. "I-I don't know if I can handle more than two big bots in a day!" She shook her head in rejection to meeting other robots.

"We are accustomed to being around smaller beings such as yourself; you shall not be put to any harm while you are here." Prime starts to walk out of the room. "Besides, I'm certain you will be most welcomed here."

"Me? With a bunch of alien robots?" Luna held out her arm "yeah, I'll fit right in." She sighed and followed after Optimus. "So why are you big robots here then anyways?"

"We are antonymous robotic organisms from the planet Cybertron, also known, as Autobots. Our counterparts, the Decepticons, arrived on your planet to steal its resources, and we pursued them using the last of our fuel, in the hopes of saving your world, which until recently, I had thought we had accomplished." Optimus responded without much thought.

"hmm… That's a lot to take in." Luna gave the speech some thought. "So you are organisms that are able to shape shift into mechanical things and you're trying to fight for the resources or to save our resources." She shrugged. "In a nutshell."

"You are correct; we stay hidden amongst your kind, fighting a battle that many of your races do not know of."
    "But what if we do know of it? Like I know of it now. Am I the only one to know, aside from your liaison? How many others know—oh…sorry. I'm asking too many questions." Luna rubbed her left arm in embarrassment.

Optimus hid a small smile, "We are unsure of how many know of us, some allies, others, our enemies, but one thing is for certain, one thing I have feared, that our existence will be revealed across the planet, bringing fear and mayhem to spread." His smile quickly turned into a more serious face after speaking.

"Hmm… Humans are scared of things that are unexplained and…much bigger than themselves. So I can see where that is a problem. Makes sense why you would want to be cautious." Luna looks around the headquarters. "So that makes more sense why you want to hid in Jasper…"

"Yes, the Decepticons initial landing on your planet caused much fear and panic in your society, back in Roswell."

"That explains the rumors in Roswell then…" Luna muttered under her breath.
    "Our trusted government liaison has given us this missile silo as a base to work out of, it is, undetectable, and shall not be noticed by many." Optimus continued.

Luna nodded and put her arms behind her back, "and the base is good for hiding. I didn't even know it was here so that's a bonus." Luna put a thumbs up with her right hand.

Optimus glanced back and noticed the gesture, "Seems like you are gaining more functionality with your new appendage." He smiled.

"huh?" Luna looked at her hand. "oh yeah, guess it's not that hard after all." She shrugged and looked back up at him.

"I shall leave you to explore, but please, do not touch anything that looks important, we have learned this lesson from a previous human friend of ours." Prime warned.

"Well…alright then." She nodded again. "I'll do just umm…the opposite of that?" she scratched her head in slight confusion.

Optimus nodded assumingly and walked away, leaving her alone. Luna watched him leave and started to rock on the back of her heels. She looked around in wonder and saw a staircase. She run up the stairs and looked down at the ground. She sighed and turned around, seeing a large monitor behind her.

"Interesting…" she whispered and tried to go closer. She noticed another set of monitors and ran back down the stairs to look at them closer; though, keeping a good distance like Optimus warned.

Luna was mystified by the writing on the screens, how they were different from the languages she has known. She soon heard someone in the sick bay nearby and went to go investigate. Ratchet was inside and he was rummaging through piles of miscellaneous bits and pieces.

"Where the confounded synchro laser….is ugh… never can keep anything where it is with grubby little humans scurrying about." Ratchet shook his head and continued searching.

"Hello? Someone else here now?" Luna poked her head into the sick bay and caught sight of Ratchet.

"Oh, you, I forgot you were still around. Shouldn't Optimus have sent you away by now?" Ratchet waved on hand in the air as to shoo her out.
    "Well, umm, Optimus said that I should stay here actually. Since I have no other house." Luna shrugged and stroked her new arm; finding it strangely sore at the moment.

Ratchet lifted his head up slightly, his face full of fear, "But but but… I need to have a serious talk with Optimus and his need to invite more vermin into our base!" He swatted aside a pile of spare parts, few almost hitting against Luna.

She automatically blocked them with her right arm, starting to get a bit angered by Ratchet's words and actions, "Hey! I'm not VERMIN!" She glared, pointing to her right arm, "I was going to thank you for saving me, but thanks to that first impression I don't think so!"

"I didn't save you because I wanted to," Ratchet's words hit Luna hard, "it was an order from Optimus, and even I wouldn't disobey our leader." He rolled his eyes in disgust, "You humans have only caused us grief and tragedy, we save your planet countless times, and you still continue to destroy it yourselves."

Luna groaned and rolled her eyes too in response, "Well you're one to talk. We don't need your help by fighting on this planet, and even if it was an order, I would have thanked you anyways. Since I'm that, somewhat, nice." Luna waved her hand and started to walk out.

"Pffft, your human technology? Against an armada of Decepticon soldiers? I think not, you'd tear your toys apart in nano-seconds." He glares at her and slightly smirks, "and if you don't like my attitude then I'll be sure to show you the door out of here. How about a nice trip to the Antarctic, I head the Sahara Desert is nice this time of year."

Luna's eye twitched as she spun on her heel, facing Ratchet, "You really are an ass aren't you?" She put her hands on her hips, raising her eyebrow, "besides, the Antarctic is not near the Sahara. If you want to insult or make someone go away, do it right."

"No human insults me and gets away that easy." Ratchet raised his hand, releasing a magnetic pulse over to Luna's arm, making it suddenly dart over to a magnetized wall. "Or maybe… I'll just leave you there for a few hours." Ratchet grabbed a few tools and walked out with a happy smirk on his face.

Luna let out a small yelp when her arm connected to the wall, she tries pulling her arm off, "H-hey! Get back here and help me!...Please?" Luna stared at her arm on the wall. She groaned and rubbed her forehead with her free arm, "yeah, a warm and fuzzy welcome I'm getting" She muttered under her breath as she starts to pull her arm off again.