Transformers Lot with other misc

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by WeX_nFx, Jan 18, 2007.

1. WeX_nFx

WeX_nFx ArtDesign TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Hey everyone! I will soon be showcasing my collection in this forum. However I want to get an idea of how much my collection is worth because I am seriously considering selling alot of my stuff on ebay or somewhere... Lets start with the loose; the following is a ballpark count on each series I have collected.

Loose:
    G1- 30+
    G2- 20+
    MW- 10+
    BW- 50-ish
    RID- 10+
    BW2(japan)- 8+
    BWNEO- 3+
    ARMADA- 10+
    ENERGON- 20+
    CYBERTRON- 15+

I also have around 70ish starwars toys, from the 1990's,(the following I usually try to balance out the good and bad guy teams) about over a dozen of the He-man figures from the latest show, 8 megaman figures, somewhere like over 100 marvel and dc figures all of which from the 90's and the last couple of years, and a whole lot more...

My question is do you all think that If I had a LOT on ebay of only transformers toys...could I expect a fair return? I mean I have over 200 transformer toys easy...tell you what I will count everything and take a group picture...somehow...and post it on here this weekend, probably saturday night!

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    A list of numbers doesn't help much when determining the value of a collection... I could say I have 50 G1 toys but if it's 50 Wheelies I'm never going to see a return on my spendings. You'd need to list the names and conditions of everything you have, or get good photos taken of them.

3. WeX_nFx

WeX_nFx ArtDesign TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    yep

You are right absolutely I need to take pictures and list them...problem is that its alot, I mean we are talking about a big collection here... Its going to take 5-6 hours atleast just to seperate and accessorize everybody! Because I do have a box of accessories(because I like to seperate weapons and figures when I store them!) You all will see them come friday night or saturday afternoon. I really want everyone to see how crazy this is...please everyone stay tuned!

4. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    It depends. The two important factors that are needed in order to find out the value is how rare the figure is and what kind of condition it is in. Some figures are harder to find than others and are more valuable than the others. For instance, G1 Jetfire or G1 Shockwave will generally be more expensive than say G1 Bluestreak or G1 Grapple. Since Toys R Us reissued a bunch of G1 figures a few years ago, they became less rare and thus less expensive. The other factor is the condition of the figure. A G1 Mirage still in its unopened box (which is in great shape btw) would probably get more money than an opened G1 Shockblast which is missing all accessories, electronics don't work, and the paint is scratched off. If you can guesstimate these tidbits then you become closer to figuring out the real value of your figures.

Here's what you should do:
    1) Gather up everything that goes with your Transformers (figure, all accessories, instruction booklets, boxes/packaging, stickers, etc.)
    2) Go to a site like www.tfu.info; cobra island toys or transformerland to make sure you have all of the stuff that goes with each figure.
    3) take a group shot of all of the figures (seperate into series, don't take one pic of all of them) that you have and post it here. We can help you determine which ones are pretty common and which ones are rarer and more valuable.
    4) Go to eBay and do a search for your figure in the transformers section in toys and see what the going prices are. Read the auctions and see how complete the figure is, its condition, the current bid for the toy, the buy it now price (if applicable) and make note of it. Try to find some auctions (more than one) that are as close to your figure in condition as possible to get an average idea for the value of the figure.
    5) The rest of your "common figures" can be thrown into a "lot" auction if you wish or you can do the above to them as well. Typically a lot auction goes for less than the figures are worth because the seller wants to get rid of them fast.

Hope this helps...