Transformers: Lost Light #9 Full Preview

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by The Kup, Sep 11, 2017.

1. colky7

colky7 Well-Known Member

This series really has gone down the pan for me. Anode taking out flame and the others has just made them look like weaklings - though I\'ve dropped the book I don\'t recall her being any sort of fighter before so now these new bad guys are made tk look like jokes/cannon fodder and no sort of threat. Bit of a consistent problem with Roberts books imo, outside of the occasional phase 6er like overlord all the bad guys go down far too easily for my liking. Guess flame could laugh the punch off next page but I doubt it as they need to make their get away so they don\'t all die (unfortunately!).

the dialogue is utterly cringeworthy again too. Wish Roberts would realise he isn\'t even slightly funny, I actually do d it embarrassing reading this with how hard he\'s trying and the constant snarky lines. Certainly in Anode\'s case it really doesn\'t work. I\'ve felt for a long while all the sychophants and (to be fair at the start well deserved) praise he received went to his head and it\'s effected his writing. I guess there are a lot of people out there who do enjoy LL, so I\'m probably being unfair. I just find it frustrating that I absolutely loved MTMTE when it started but felt as though he gradually droppped most of what I thought made it great and amped up what I thought it\'s problems were to the point where now on top of the writing/story failings the embarrassing desperation to be funny makes it unreadable for me most of the time. Shame, was at one point one my favourite TF books ever. 

2. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    @Danny-Boy looks like you were right about the retailer incentive cover originally being intended for an issue of TAAO. :thumb 

BOREZET on Twitter

DJfZzbVUQAAjz7L.jpg DJfZzwuUEAAFZzV.jpg

EDIT: Just adding the clean version of cover c from Milne's twitter.

Alex Milne on Twitter

DJfBbv7W0AEz5uR.jpg DJfBgI6XUAUn6OU.jpg

3. avengerboy123

avengerboy123 Well-Known Member

Well, Once you see who the big bad is, I think you'll understand why Flame isn't in charge.

4. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Seeing how Anode's design falls flat even when drawn by Tramontano...

... I do not think that even Milne could salvage it drawing it "as is".

5. NanakoPreame

NanakoPreame Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Wasn't said that Roberts wanted anode to be as androgynous as possible?