Transformers: Lost Light #21 Cover B

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by The Kup, Jun 25, 2018.

1. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
  2. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    the proportions and poses all feel very... off.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Oh my lord it's a Geoff Senior cover that's not a retailer exclusive!? Bought!

• Like Like x 5
  4. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    I don't know about anyone else, but I am very happy that we live in a world where I can go to the comic store and buy a Transformers comic with Geoff Senior art on the cover in 2018.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 15
  5. Autoboty

Autoboty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That makes two covers with Grimlock amidst the main cast. While I do wonder about the specifics of how he would join them, I will gladly take this as confirmation that Grimlock will fight alongside Team Rodimus in the events to come. (Volcanicus, anyone?)

• Like Like x 4
  6. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    But all the other Dinobots are on Earth with Trypticon.

• Like Like x 3
  7. omegafix

omegafix Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    My god how i loathe Seniors art

• Like Like x 2
  8. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    I honestly didn’t recognize Grimsy at first. But, last night I was refreshing my memory on some old painting techniques and his shading particularly reminds me of Cangiante - Wikipedia

Moreover, I guess Rodders had redecoed himself for the Scavengers, all along, and I hadn’t even though of it!

Someday, I will read the Marvel and Regeneration One comics, but I’m not sure if that’s anytime soon.

Still, I like it. It brings to mind Scud: Disposable Assassin, or maybe Nine Planets without Intelligent Life might fit these wandering, wondering warriors a bit better.

Then again, I should note that I love Livio’s work, too... :D 

I’m willing to bet that Earth won’t be around for much longer.

I don’t think Trypticon is going to evacuate all the humans, but instead Tryps warped to earth to rescue the remaining Cybertronians, there.

Now, they might go straight to Cybertron.

But, all those sparks in Trypticon’s belly seem like Lost Lights to me, and maybe Rodders will bring them to life, or Grimlock... or the Firstborn... ><

And, maybe the Rod Squad would like a ship with more firepower—and a bit of a bite! I would be little disappointed if the Unicron event ends without Trypticon crunching on a peace of Unicron before vomiting some Transformers into the World Eater, or Metroplex pulling off a similar Daedalus (Macross) Attack.

Oh, and I really don’t know if John Barber plans to wipe out all of humanity or if somehow we build an Ark from Cybertronian engineering. It’s not impossible given there’s Soundwave’s commune space colony as practice, alongside the possibility of mass-shifting the Dirge and Ramjet clones. Whether humanity was wise enough to prepare for such a thing remains to be seen.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    ...what?

Lost Light is ending at the exact same time as Unicron and OP. And we know Trypticon is going to be heavily involved in the action of Unicron and OP. There wouldn’t be any time (both in-universe and out-of) for Trypticon and the Dinobots to be involved in Lost Light, let alone fro Trypticon to become a new ship for the Rod Squad.

Also, this is James Roberts. When has he ever shown any interest in using concepts developed by other writers?

10. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    Oh Primus, it\'s beautiful. 

• Like Like x 2
  11. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    I'm a huge fan of Geoff Senior's art, and it's nice to see he hasn't lost his touch over the years. This retains the sense of kinetic energy most of his art is known for.

That being said, it's pretty clear that he's more at home with the blockier G1 designs than the sleeker reinterpretations from IDW. The vast majority of the characters look fine (Brainstorm and Anode in particular look amazing), but Grimlock's head looks strangely flat, Tailgate's proportions are bizarre, and Rodimus' face terrifies me.

• Like Like x 2
  12. CleverNamePendingatron

CleverNamePendingatron Just an ordinary cassette. Nothing to see here.

If I’m honest, I don’t think it’s Senior's best work. However, just seeing Senior’s art of a Lost Light cover, regardless of quality, makes me a little giddy.

• Like Like x 4
  13. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would say the confirmation would have been Drifts vision where Grimlock fights alongside them (was that in LL #1? Can’t recall).

• Like Like x 2
  14. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    Yes, it would be a surprise for those characters to drift between the different storylines, but, honestly, who do you think the space eugenicists that the Rod Squad and Scavengers have been trailing are Preparing to Confront and Repel, all this time?

Probably the Big, Tangerine World Eater

How each gaggle of Cybertronians will contend with the Uranus/Cronos Menace... Well, James told us I think, and the paragraph break was added for emphasis~

Something is coming. It cannot be stalled. It cannot be avoided. It cannot be reasoned with. As the end of everything draws near, a simple instruction rings out across the universe: prepare, confront, repel.

Some people are ready for the fight of their lives. Rodimus and the increasingly shambolic crew of the Lost Light...yeah, they're really not. Like, at all.​

I, however, honestly could not see Grimlock or, at the very least, The Firstborn drifting into Barber’s hands. I suspect that’s gunna be Roberts’ responsibility to resolve.

Hence, why’d I prefer the anarchic and defiant Dynobots and Trypticon fully migrate to the Rod Squad, besides Trypticon’s belly seeming to me to be filled with Lost Lights!

15. maurice

maurice Well-Known Member

Where my Getaway -;

16. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    The sparks in Trypticon were already turned into protoforms, and OP's final arc looks to be centered all around them.

They're not going to show up in Lost Light in any large capacity, if at all. It's got plenty of its own storylines to wrap up without also having to wrap up its sister book's.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  17. kmc

kmc Well-Known Member

Solved.

18. Chiller

Chiller Failed Decepticon

News Credits:
    Love this cover. Thing with Geoff Senior he is a love it or hate him kind of guy (did I hear someone say Livio Ramondelli?)

Imagine for a moment Geoff Senior doing the interior art for a whole Lost Light issue. The comic where everyone just stands around talking. I can't really imagine an artist worst suited.

What I would like to see if something written by Nick Roche drawn by Geoff.

19. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Then you'll be happy to hear that Senior actually drew some pages in the recent Roche-written one-shot, Requiem of the Wreckers!

• Like Like x 3
  20. Chiller

Chiller Failed Decepticon

News Credits:
    :bay :bay :bay :bay  I did not know this!!!!

I've been re-reading Last Stand and Sins in preparation, will probably get to Requiem at the end of this week.