Transformers: Lost Light #20 Cover B & Retailer Incentive Cover

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by The Kup, Jun 11, 2018.

1. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
  2. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Powerful Purple

News Credits:
    The one thing that makes me excited about this universe ending is that we never have to see Robert’s butchering of Star Saber ever again.

If you want to make Star Saber antagonistic in his initial appearance, akin to a Templar, I am fine with that. I would love to see a story of that character turning around into the Star Saber we know. But this Star Saber has no redeemablity. He’s a fanatic that would commit genocide for his beliefs, and thats not Star Saber at all.

That would be like making Bumblebee a sadist killer. It’s not their character, and it never should be.

• Like Like x 6
  3. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    Cyclonus better beat the shit out of "Star Saber".

• Like Like x 3
  4. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku I love both Nemesis Prime and Anime!

Y'know, I posted a head cannon where Star Saber was under Unicron's control, with the latter using the former to kill for "the will of Primus" as a sick sense of humor. I doubt that's his motive, but oh well.

If Star Saber isn't under some kind of influence, shadow play, or mind corruption, then I want him to die in a gruesome death for what he did for Mirage and the Protectobots.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Title slightly edited. Thanks for sharing! To the front!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    I honestly don’t care simply because I don’t know his original character. Like I do for all Japanese based TF’s.

At least Cyclonus will finally get to finish what he started way back in season one.

7. The Kup

The Kup Heavy Metal

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Yeah, I accidentally pressed the enter button (which automatically posted the thread, much to my annoyance) before I could go back and fix my little typo. :lol  Thanks for fixing it. :thumb 

• Like Like x 2
  8. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Green Energon Disposal

I’m gunna guess there aren’t too many Transformers:Victory Fandubs, so I presume the following over at TFCog is what I saw, years ago...

Transformers Victory FDP

More seriously though, if anyone deserves to feel all of Cyclonus’ grief, it’s Star Sabre.

It’s time that that Sabre is visited by the grace and mercy of the Chop Shop.

• Like Like x 1
  9. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Soleron

Ebay:
    my fear is that this is the star saber going forward. like how drift is starting to be known as a broken engrish zen master after aoe and rid2015.

i don't mind taking a character in a different direction but this is like a totally new character. i hate this star saber. i hope that he gets another shot later down the line and is nothing like this but more like his victory self.

still.....i know it won't happen but i hope saber whoops cyclonus's ass.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    It’s not hard. Educate yourself.
    Star Saber (Victory) - Transformers Wiki

• Like Like x 3
  11. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    Granted that comes off as rather cliche.

I guess a good middle ground would’ve been to make him like Azrael.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    I’m certainely not against a bit of a different take for the character. Like I said in my original post, I would love a story that revolves around Star Saber redeeming himself and becoming the bot we know him as. But Robert’s Star Saber isn’t Star Saber at all.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    As a Victory fan I have to say: I AM COMPLETELY OK WITH IDW STAR SABER. At first I was like "What the f-..k, man!??" BUT that's what makes him cool, you know? The fact that is NOT the character I know and love. This is NOT Star Saber, is A Star Saber; and that's fine. This interpretation was a nice twist.
    Now, in some future comic, whenever IDW will do the reboot or not, I wouldnt mind having a more heroic and sane Star Saber. After all, Ultra Magnus is NOT Ultra Magnus either, right? :) 

• Like Like x 6
  14. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

No offense, but I still don't see the appeal. Personality-wise, he sounds exactly like Optimus Prime, just with a different catchphrase. Maybe the difference comes from actually watching Transformers: Victory, but I don't find myself drawn to the original personality-wise. I'm certainly not saying that IDW Star Saber is deep, but I feel he has more of an identity of his own.

• Like Like x 2
  15. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Jeez cry me a river about IDW Star Saber being not like OG Stat Saber. It's an i-n-t-e-r-p-r-e-t-a-t-i-o-n, another spin on the Japanese characters like Chromedome, Deathsaurus, Overlord, and Dai Atlus. Why weren't people as upset with that than they are with Star Saber aside from him being the main character in a series that never had a good import? My only concern is that his early appearance made him the stereotypical "angry crusader" that Roberts used to represent the 3 main corruped powers of Medicine, Law, and Religion (which got a heavy dose). He's grown on me by this point and has a killer design, but MAN that's a whole lot of complaining.

>> Wants a new spin on Star Saber. Likes the Templar persona.
    >> Not my Star Saber

Pick.One. You either liked the Saber here or you didn't unless you didn't like the recent issues which I can totally can see, but you need to express where the line is drawn with this Stat Saber and what made him "not Star Saber".

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    I won’t refute that, and I’d suggest watching Victory. My post was more or less to just inform him of who Star Saber is. The excert I posted alone tells you that his IDW portrayal strays far from who the character is(even if he is a little bland on the surface.)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Rematch! I remember that panel of Cyclonus challenging Saber the first time. Iconic

• Like Like x 2
  18. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So just so I'm clear and not because I want a kumate...are you similarly up in arms about the characterization of Cyclonus as brooding honorable MTMTE ronin samurai? 'Cause that's prrrrrrrrretty far from every other depiction of him in fiction up to now.

• Like Like x 2
  19. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

One thing that kind of ticks me off is that with
    Tailgate gone (I doubt the one we see now is truly him with what Rodimus discovered.
    and the USS CyclonusxWhirl is not sailing anytime soon, Cyclonus has nothing left to lose except his life and perhaps his honor because let's face it Whirl is the only one who cares.

Roberts if you're thinking what I'm thinking don't do it! I hope the fight is at least several pages long versus one panel like the first match.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    Eh, I’ve always viewed them as enemies turned brothers in arms, besides I think Cyclonus will only have room for Tailgate in his spark, and no one else.

You know, I wouldn’t mind if the two of them die fighting side by side. Think of Anderson and Shepard’s last scene together in Mass Effect 3 as a reference. The two of them sitting next to each other, heavily wounded, having one last conversation with each other. A far cry from where the to of them started.

• Like Like x 3