Transformers LOCs finally showing up in TRU stores

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by REDLINE, May 20, 2006.

1. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Gen. Magnus found LOCs wave 3 at the TRU store in Independence, MO. Tapestry100 found wave 3 at a TRU in jackson, MI. Pimpimus Prime found wave 3 at a TRU in Madison, WI. Cataclizm1 found wave 3 and 2 both at TRU in Hawthorne, CA.

Its finally happened. LOCs in mass retailers, rejoice! a lot more people should be able to find these without having to resort to online purchases now.

-Andy

2. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yep! Just found Wave 2 and 3 at a TRU in Indianapolis about 2 hours ago.

3. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Didn't see any at my TRU this morning. What's with the Targets mentioned in the title? Have we had sighting there too?

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Junior reported a listing for the LoCs from TRU's computers a few months back, and Mouth04 of the Allspark reported a Target listing shortly afterwards, so they should pop up at Target stores soon as well.

5. havokss22

havokss22 Well-Known Member

I found them at a Fred Meyers in Clackamas Oregon, if I knew it was note worthy I would have taken a picture with my phone they had like 5 sets.

6. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Saw Wave 3 at TRU in Monrovia, CA. The first time I have EVER seen an LOC at retail!!!!!

Why can't the drug stores that Hasbro has aimed these things at have such reliable distribution?

7. dasaffe

dasaffe Morrissey Fan

I got Soundwave a few hours ago at the Fred Meyer on Hawthorne in Portland.

8. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They probably won't show up at Target stores until the next reset. There's no pegs for them right now.

9. Dio

Dio Scrapper

I picked up Soundwave and Vector Prime at the Tulsa, OK Toys R Us this afternoon, after letting a kid pick out his favorites (he got the Scourge I was eyeballing, but letting the youngster pick it out is the right thing to do in that situation so I've got no regrets). Also saw but did not buy Evac and Jetfire there.

Funny part of the story - apparently the stocker had no idea what the price was, and they were out before they were supposed to be so the computers didn't have them in the system yet. I gave him the "LOC" tag description and helped him find the prices in their database and he was able to fix it all up for me and the kid (the mom was pretty thankful, it was a very weird experience, especially how cool she was with the idea of adult collectors). After he gets the price gun and comes out to mark them all, he asks me "man, how do you know all this stuff?" :D 

10. Deathy G1

Deathy G1 Such a trustworthy being!

I got wave 3 in a TRU in Stering, VA today for 2.99 each. They weren't in the system, so the guy guessed the price by looking at the pricing of the minicon 2 packs and the scouts and guessing the difference for one step smaller.

11. Jarodimus

News Credits:
    FWIW, since nobody has mentioned it in the thread, the TRU price (at least in Indianapolis) is $3.99.

They had the shelf tags up, but the toys wouldn't scan at the register. Fortunately, the extremely cool cashier remembered that someone had bought one earlier in the day, and had one of the shelf tags at her register with which to enter the info. (She was an approximately 60-year-old lady. As I left, she said, "May the force be with you!" (I bought SW stuff, too.) :rock  )

12. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, looks like I will have to start going back to the TRU. :lol  Hopefully there's some left when I get there.

13. Energon_Skywarp

Energon_Skywarp Well-Known Member

This is some great news. I hope that they sell like hotcakes and that they regret not stocking these earlier. That'll show them.

Of course, that's after I go to TRU and get all the ones I want. Then they can sell out.

14. Xaxis

Xaxis Well-Known Member

There's also a ton of them at Fred Meyer in Eugene, OR. I got meself a Soundwave yesterday, I did. :p 

15. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    This is great news. With Metroplex hitting store shelves and these guys being released at the retail level, I guess I am going a hunting!

16. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Cool. Ill have to go look

17. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

sorry double post

18. Thelonicon

Thelonicon Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Hooray for fellow Transfans in Indiana! I think I was that person who bought one earlier that day, since I bought a LOC Galvatron and the lady had to go get the tag when it didn't scan. I also got me a Voyager Soundwave. :rock 

Thelonicon

19. mocrzy

mocrzy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I had found the LOC wave 3 on Friday Afternoon at TRU... I too had Scanning issues...they had wave 2 hanging on the LOC tag, & wave 3 hanging on a Scout class tag....when it took so long for her to ring up my purchase...the employee came up to me & said "well because of all of your trouble we'll give you these for $3.99 instead of $6.99." When I told her they SHOULD be $3.99 she got mad at me, & stormed off... Geez..try to point out a mistake THEY made, & they get all pissy....

20. Jarodimus

News Credits:
    :thumb  I don't remember seeing you in the Indiana Sightings thread, and your location tag says Illinois. Were you just visiting? Or have you defected eastward?

That was the only one missing... so it was YOU! :Gouki:  ... :D 

Did they have any Metroplexes when you were there? There were so many Galvatrons that I assumed there had been some, but they got snagged.