Transformers Live Action Movie Review by TFW2005 Staff

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, May 25, 2006.

1. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I was able to get a hold of the upcoming Live Action Transformers movie script that has been circulating around online, recently reviewed by IESB and the Latino Review. I have posted up my thoughts on the movie, from a Transformers Fan's perspective, <a href="http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-live-action-movie-2007-script-review.php">here</a>.

Please be warned, there are spoilers not seen before in this review. Enjoy!

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Man, I wish I was privy to this type of stuff :( 

...the only thing I am REALLY not liking so far is the whole Bumblebee can't talk bit, that has to be the most idiotic thing I have ever heard, why the HELL did they do this it's just stupid.

Let me repeat that STUPID

3. Tony_Bacala

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    It is. Lack of or minimal speaking parts for everyone minus Prime, and the human screen time are whats really bugging me.

4. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

I'd figured that the humans would be a bigger part of this than any fans really want, but depending on how it is handled, I could deal with that.
    The Bumblebee thing, now thats different. I mean these guys have been making movies for a long time, do they not realise that this gimmick is just a really bad idea???

5. Tony_Bacala

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I think if the robot parts were more substantial that I could live with the Human aspect.

6. Angelophile1

Angelophile1 Mutant Monkeyboy

Well you've pretty much repeated what I've been saying for the past few months - great movie, not a great Transformers movie.

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    omg the rest of the bots are like armada toon minicons?!

:( 

8. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

the bumblebee not talking gimmick sounds lame... the lack of lines for everyone else sounds disappointing... :( 

9. Somebody

Somebody ReBoot

News Credits:
    Not sure how much I care about a lot of this stuff, but the "Bumblebee can only 'talk' through songs on his radio" bit, if true, is moronic.

Not because it's Bumbleebee, or a Transformers movie, it's moronic in totality, and would be in ANY movie. Full stop.

Not to mention that the "war wound" reasoning doesn't add up - we're talking a robot who apparently changes his whole form at one point, but can't scan a voicebox?!

10. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I really hope this is a rough draft. The fact theat they seem to spend almost no time on character development of the title characters strikes me as a poor idea. It's starting to sound like War of Worlds, with two factions of Martians.

Bumblebee not talking is just dumb. He's mechanical. He can be repaired. Who's his doctor? Perceptor?

The boombox character so needs to be Rumble.

11. Tony_Bacala

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Hehe or Boombox :)  Just kidding.

12. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Never really saw Boombox as a 'Con. ;) 

13. soundwave-maker

soundwave-maker Well-Known Member

WOW....all I've got to say is

[​IMG]

NO SIR, I DON'T LIKE IT.

I'm just not getting a good vibe from all that's been said lately. Not good at all. :confused:  :( 

I trully hope things turn out for the best. It just doesn't sound like a TRANSFORMERS movie to me. Like the other poster said, this feels more like a sci-fi movie that has transforming in it. It's not the same thing. Man....I feel bummed now.

14. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

Well certainly sounds intersting. This whole Bumblebee not talking thing is ridiculous though...

15. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    a lot is ridiculous

but i guess when people compare it to Independance Day they certainly arent kidding

we saw the aliens in ID4 on scree for like, what, 2 minutes total? we saw a ton of ships and blowin crap up now and then but the rest of the time it was humans humans humans.

sound familiar?
    [and while it(ID4) did play up the myseteriousness and all that jazz well on the aliens, the movie/concept wasnt necessarily ABOUT the aliens..like Transformers is *supposed* to be]

i'll agree and say this will be a great sci-fi flick. But this definately ISNT transformers. just a sci-fi with robots who happen to transform once in awhile

*sigh*

i hope they're listening as close as they constantly claim to be cuz that stuff needs some good tweakin'

16. SAJse

SAJse Well-Known Member

Just to rub salt in the wound the TF's self-repair systems are beyond amazing, so it just makes the voicebox situation all the more rediculous. Especially with Ratchet, the uber-doc, just standing there like a lemon when his pal needs urgent attention.

17. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    heh, yeah

whats the use of even having ratchet in the movie if he aint doin his job fixin bots? :p 

18. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    maybe ratch just hands out robo placebo.....

thats a legit nick right there!

19. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll mirror the sentiments of Bumblebee communicating through radio songs being cheesy in general, and not just for Transformers.

A lot of people have expressed disdain for the choice of names for - Decepticons especially. On the upside (or just the side), if most of the TF's /cons have little to no lines or personality to go with them, it's no wonder their names are malleable or interchangable as said before. Heck, if they aren't referred to by name in the film, you won't know what they will be called finally until toys come out. :) 

I'll probably be seeing the film, and I'll probably agree that it's an enjoyable film, but not much of a contribution to the Transformers story universe. Perhaps if there's a movie-inspired cartoon series, it'll change that somewhat.

20. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, Bumbelbee not talking is extremely stupid. I hope that in a newer draft Ratchet fixes him up at some point in the film (I guess after he's been 'revealed' to Sam) so that he can talk by the end.

Also, I take it that Starscream isn't trying to overthrow Megatron at all?

Soundwave should be renamed to Rumble or Frenzy.

And don't tell me that Prime and Megs are like "robo-brothers" or something lame. Or maybe they combine to form the Energon Cube - it was in their hearts all along!