Transformers like Jurassic Park

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ecurb24, Dec 20, 2006.

1. ecurb24

ecurb24 New Member

But this time its robots..

This movie is going to be big..very big.....

It might beat star wars in the all time top 10

Agree or not?

2. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually I was starting to think the same thing.

I'm thinking it won't be in the top 10, but it could turn out as good as spiderman or xmen if done right.

I'm just hoping it doesn't turn out to be another godzilla 2000

On the plus, it seems like they are taking the whole 'robots in disguise' thing seriously though judging by the appearances of the decepticons in the trailers

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I HATE Jurassic Park. I LOVE dinosaurs and seeing 3d dinos was cool and all but that was a horrible couple of movies. Transformers will be much better than Jurassic Park.

anyway of course this is exactly like Star Wars ok we got people saying "no it will suck and ruins my childhood" ok people in Star Wars said "Prequel ruined Star Wars" then there are people who are totally hyped up that are going to get disappointed we saw that with the SW prequels, and then there are people who are hyped who are going to love it. And of course people who walk into the theater never seen a TF show before and love it, etc. That's exactly like Star Wars. Lots of similarities I think just a little bit smaller fan base to start with.

4. ecurb24

ecurb24 New Member

Spiderman

Ok not to be rude but Spiderman is at number seven and Spiderman 2 is number ten in the all time leaders...

And i meant to say that Transformers will bring a hype just like jurassic park did..

Transformers is a new era

5. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it will do well but I’m too much of a pessimist to think it will be a run away blockbuster.

6. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    Then ILoveDinobot is gonna be pissed to hear that Spielberg's working on JP IV. ;) 

I'm only hoping that the TFs get a chance to shine on their own and that folks get to see what makes TFs so great (their characters). Some tense moments between Starscream and Megatron, or a council between Prime and Ironhide/Jazz would be nice. But I was thinking the same thing as far as the JP comparison goes.

7. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That may be, but I said it COULD end up like spiderman if done right. I just don't think it will. There may be a lot of fans out there, but not at the same level of spiderman or xmen I don't think.

Again it might turn out good for the movie and they have a huge response, but I have my doubts.