Transformers "Lays waste to the world".

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mospeada, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. MegaDevastator

MegaDevastator Constructicon

Awesome. Worldwide success. :) 

3. erjaho0614

erjaho0614 Autbot/Maximal

Slight off-topic, but I still don't understand why Paramount and/or Marvel decided to call the new Captain America movie "The First Avenger" due to perceived anti-American sentiment there. If anything, the TFs, with it's strong focus on American cars and the US military, have shown this belief to be somewhat false.

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

People like TF not because of the American Military, but because of the robots, the patriotism on Bayformers is deeply hidden [as it's not the "American Military per say", is MANKIND], on Captain America? Just give a brief look at the title, at his COSTUME.

No one likes Captain America around here [I like him, though].

5. megachin

megachin Banned

Really no none likes him?

Same thing here no one likes him
    I wonder why?

6. Overlord Balder

Becase America dropped the ball a lot on the last years, most of the world hates America.

Captain America is the living symbol of America, so it's only logical people would hate him.

7. erjaho0614

erjaho0614 Autbot/Maximal

But that doesn't explain why they didn't change it for every other country, besides Russia, Ukraine, and South Korea. People don't really hate American culture; they hate the American government, which they seem to separate very readily from the normal, everyday American citizen.

As to the American military/government being hidden, I would think the opposite due to all the scenes with military personnel using American equipment, the showing of the American flag prominently in certain scenes, NASA being used, and the mentioning or use of lookalikes of American presidents.

8. Overlord Balder

It's still "Captain America: The First Avenger" around here.

They hate both around here, they don't really seem to worry with making a difference.

I said "MORE" hidden, Captain America is NAMED after the country for God's sake [and talks about the Ultimate hero of America], "Transformers" is at least about Giant robots [with the main hero techinically being an alien], and they never directly complement American Military, they complement Mankind, so they camouflage things a bit.