Transformers Laser Disc collection

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Joe Moore, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    Indeed. I had about 35 Brave LDs that I threw in the garbage. I spent a lot of many on those before the DVDs became available. What a waste.

2. Coinhound

Coinhound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    995.00 is way to high. A Zenith LD player while unusual just isnt a Pioneer LD player especially the high end ones towards the end. If I were him Id bring the LD's to Botcon cause even as low as they got theres sure to be ld collectors there. While Phantom Menace is around 110.00 it just doesnt have the appeal of The Matrix or staying power like X-Men. The Matrix had country releases but LOTR,X-Men and Phantom Menace never saw releases out of Japan I believe.

3. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Sad to say, that is a lot for a "Obsolete" technology. I only call it obsolete because, well...you can get decent quality stuff on DVD nowadays, even Bluray cost less than those did, when they came out. I can't recall 100%, but weren't the discs in the $50 range?

Prices have dropped for the most part on what they are worth. I mean, I even picked up all the Star Wars(OT) LD for $20 each, sealed, just a year ago.

Still, I can only think of a few that we still have. Last Action Hero, Terminator 2, Freighteners, Excaliber, Ghost. I think we have more, but I haven't extensively looked at the collection lately. Damnit, I am tempted to plug that thing back in and watch me some laserdiscs!

4. Coinhound

Coinhound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I know just like any other collectible out there ld's have had there day but theres still heavy hitters out there. The one guy who has X-Men from its release in 2000 still wants and will never get 425.00 but who knows. He might find the one die-hard collector who'll want all his rares. Ive been looking for Jonny Quest Vols. 1 and 3,Electric Dreams and Galaxy of Terror going on 18 yrs now.